The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Already bucket loads of emails slaughtering our fans on the back of it. Fucking sick, now theres some mackem twat on saying every fan is exactly like it!

this propaganda drivel against newcastle on talkshite is shocking, all the emails there choosing to read, having mackems calling in, the two hosts biased against us. never usually listen to this but because it was mentioned they were talking about this i turned it on but wow didnt realise it was as bad as this.

Guest Roger Kint

I think a few people are missing the point of Talksport's existence.

Its really the worst station around, the resident windup merchant hasnt even started yet either but thats their entire strategy to get callers and texts. The never ending Rooney debates and constant Liverpool digs must make them a fortune. Luckily i only get it while in this office, couldnt bring myself to listen by choice.

I think a few people are missing the point of Talksport's existence.

Its really the worst station around, the resident windup merchant hasnt even started yet either but thats their entire strategy to get callers and texts. The never ending Rooney debates and constant Liverpool digs must make them a fortune. Luckily i only get it while in this office, couldnt bring myself to listen by choice.

Genuinely don't understand why any fan of any club even listens to it, let alone takes anything they hear seriously. They must make a fucking fortune.

Guest Roger Kint

skysports.com match report for last night

Toon boss Chris Hughton, who went into the game with speculation over his future once again rife...

Have I been living in a parallel world or something?

First i heard was in the pub about 45 mins after the match with that statement

skysports.com match report for last night

Toon boss Chris Hughton, who went into the game with speculation over his future once again rife...

Have I been living in a parallel world or something?

no but the media live in a parallel world where what the fans are actually saying is irrelevant to making their point of "delusional jawdee bastards"

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has emerged as an unlikely ally of Newcastle counterpart Chris Hughton whose position at St James' Park is the subject of continued speculation.

Bruce, speaking ahead of Sunday's Tyne-Wear derby, has expressed support for Hughton whose paymasters have had to publicly give him re-assurances over his post following a frenzy of betting that he was on the brink.

"I hope that they give him the respect that he deserves because he has done extremely well in difficult circumstances," said Bruce.

"He's a proper football man and I hope that they've looked after him in a way which is right, because of what he's done.

"He's created a spirit amongst the players, which is very, very good. He's got them promoted in a time when it was chaos, and Chris being Chris has got the best out of what he's got.

"When I read and I'm told he is under pressure, or that his job is under threat, I find that absolutely ridiculous and that is the downside to what we do for living.

"I find it appalling that he has been criticised and questioned, but that's unfortunately what we have to deal with. For him to have to answer questions on it, I found that totally ridiculous."

Tyneside-born Bruce, who was linked with the Newcastle job during his days as Wigan manager, has been impressed with the job Hughton has done in leading the club out of the Championship last season.

"I've got the hugest admiration for what he's achieved and sometimes nice people can be treated as though being kind is a weakness," the former Manchester United skipper added.

"Certainly with Chris, I hope that's not the case because he's done fantastically well and kept a fantastic dignity about him as well. I hope they respect and appreciate him in a way that should be done.

"He's not really been given any backing in terms of finance, it was chaos all around him, then last year he gets them promoted.

"For me, looking in from the outside, they look as if they've got a good spirit and pride - that's down to the fella that's led them."

I don't understand, what's going on? :lol:  Who's supposed to want him out?  The fans?  Players?  Ashley?  Bookies? I feel like I've lost my mind somewhere here!

Bookies and Media tbh. Bookies saying Pardew is favorite for the 'job' gets muppets betting. Media wankers have another 'Pressure of the Gerodie nation' story to fill their s**** sheets with.

Also, Bruce baltantly wants us to win on Sunday  :fishing:

bookies would prefer if hughton stayed on so they don't pay out to the morons giving them cash by betting on him

Bookies and Media tbh. Bookies saying Pardew is favorite for the 'job' gets muppets betting. Media wankers have another 'Pressure of the Gerodie nation' story to fill their s**** sheets with.

Also, Bruce baltantly wants us to win on Sunday  :fishing:

bookies would prefer if hughton stayed on so they don't pay out to the morons giving them cash by betting on him

Dependant on what kind of muppets you get through the door of you betting shop tbh

I'm realy starting to wonder if some journos are actualy starting to report there own dreams, it's the only explanation tbh.

"Under fire Newcastle boss Chris Hughton was spotted in jovial spirits at the Benton based training ground today as his Newcastle team prepare to tackle arch-rivals Sunderland this weekend, and then a massive fire breathing dragon swooped from the sky..."

I'm realy starting to wonder if some journos are actualy starting to report there own dreams, it's the only explanation tbh.

"Under fire Newcastle boss Chris Hughton was spotted in jovial spirits at the Benton based training ground today as his Newcastle team prepare to tackle arch-rivals Sunderland this weekend, and then a massive fire breathing dragon swooped from the sky..."

Think you might be onto something there... it's actually the most sensible explanation I can think of.