The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After being turned down by Steve Clarke - revealed by the Sunday Sun last week as his number one target - Hughton has drawn up a short-list that includes Spurs coach Clive Allen and Faroe Islands boss Brian Kerr.

Would be surprised if Allen left Spurs or Kerr packed in a managers job to be Hughton's number two. :undecided:

The first mention of Hughton's job being in any danger was by The Mail who have an axe to grind due to being banned from St. James' Park. All the other media run with it. I've never heard any fan saying Hughton should get the sack. Most of us are realistic. The home form hasn't been good but the away form has been. As for the cup, Arsenal beat Tottenham 4 - 0 and I'd argue Tottenham put a stronger side out than Newcastle did. I don't remember the media saying Redknapp will be sacked.

Spot on.

Guest Chubby Jason

Ashley could cement his status as the world's biggest cockhead if he tells Houghton JFK is coming back during the half-time break.

Perhaps it's hyperbole but this perfomance and result alone should kick the club up the arse to open negotiations. The foundations of a decent side are there, we need to build on them.

Completely guessing here, but I think the club might have been put off by the Stoke, Wigan and Blackpool games. If he can pull out a decent performance against Arsenal and victory against Blackburn in a couple of weeks, they might pull their fingers out.

Keeps impressing me.

Always tries new things & is learning. Two upfront when many doubted he'd do it, two wins. Has shown why he keeps faith in Nolan, Carroll is a young player who actually seems to be constantly improving under Hughton. Has made two class signings in Tiote & Ben Arfa.

Just so many positives coming from his reign so far. Promotion, even winning a cup pre season. Thrashing the side that sent us down, beating Chelsea in the cup & Everton away for the first time in how many years. Now our best thrashing of Sunderland in near 50 odd years.

Amazing.