The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At least we still have Wolves, Birmingham, West Brom and West Ham to come at home. Don't know if thats a good thing or bad.

Disastrous if you don't buck your ideas up fast. I unfortunately can't see you keeping up your away form.

He'll be under pressure within a month, mainly because the crowd at SJP won't stand for this rubbish every week.

Yeap, and we have every right to be winning every game we participate in.  You'd be SkySports favourite fan ffs.

fucking hell man. We're not asking to win every game and be top of the league. Is it so hard to win at least ONE game from Stoke, Fulham, Blackburn, Blackpool and Wigan? We're not asking to be Champions League fucking winners.

Agree with that.

Guest neesy111

My old man would be perfect for the likes of SSN.

"This home form is unacceptable. We've got a couple of lucky wins away from home this year but to me the home form shows Hughton a lot of the time doesn't have the foggiest how to change things."

Beyond the fact he's an idiot, is there any truth in the claim Hughton doesn't know how to deal with things when they're going wrong? Or is that there simply aren't the players available to change it?

And what is Hughton supposed to do with the restrictions he has

Well there isn't a plan B if that's what he's getting at. The playing in the second half today was terrible. It was just hit and hope.

A

He'll be under pressure within a month, mainly because the crowd at SJP won't stand for this rubbish every week.

Yeap, and we have every right to be winning every game we participate in.  You'd be SkySports favourite fan ffs.

fucking hell man. We're not asking to win every game and be top of the league. Is it so hard to win at least ONE game from Stoke, Fulham, Blackburn, Blackpool and Wigan? We're not asking to be Champions League fucking winners.

And we've fucking won v Villa, Sunderland, Arsenal, Everton and West Ham.  It's just a season when we're playing differently and getting different results.

The pressure notch is slowly turning back up.

5 points off the relegation zone, with Liverpool, City and Chelsea all the next three home games. Can't see where our next home win will be.

Given that you'd take 17th, you should be elated with the league table. Over a third of the season gone, top half, 5 points clear of relegation, two teams being cut adrift at the bottom...where exactly did you expect us to be at this point btw?

f***ing ridiculous to even suggest he's under pressure imo.

I'm not getting back into this fucking debate again. Of course I'm not elated, we've failed to win 5 very winnable home games and if we don't start winning home games soon, we'll be in the relegation fight which is where I certainly don't want us to be.

Anything higher than 17th is a bonus, yes, I said that, but a third of the season is not exactly a marker for what the table will look like after 38 games. And if we continue this poor run of home form, we won't get 17th.

How is it less of a marker than an even smaller sample of the games played though Jonny?

You may very well point to the fixture list and quality of teams played and to come, but we clearly show no deference for what should be 'easy' or 'hard' games so what can you base your viewpoint on?

I think this is a question of degrees, yes Hughton is under pressure as a relatively inexperienced and unproven manager and he's bound to be under a certain amount of pressure as any Newcastle manager is, but I don't think it's being cranked up especially high right now.

Winning every game? We've barely managed a point from the games we should have won. :lol:

5 points off the relegation zone, with Liverpool, City and Chelsea all the next three home games. Can't see where our next home win will be.

Given that you'd take 17th, you should be elated with the league table. Over a third of the season gone, top half, 5 points clear of relegation, two teams being cut adrift at the bottom...where exactly did you expect us to be at this point btw?

I'm not getting back into this f***ing debate again. Of course I'm not elated, we've failed to win 5 very winnable home games and if we don't start winning home games soon, we'll be in the relegation fight which is where I certainly don't want us to be.

Anything higher than 17th is a bonus, yes, I said that, but a third of the season is not exactly a marker for what the table will look like after 38 games. And if we continue this poor run of home form, we won't get 17th.

And if our away form continues as it is, we'll not finish anywhere near 17th either. We're a bog-standard Premier League mid-table side imo. We're not good enough to have a God given right to win every match, we'll not win 5-6 games in a row, in the same way we'll not lose that many in a row. I bet all season we'll be around halfway in that "Six game current form" table thing, we'll win a similar number of games to what we lose, and that will get upper 40s, lower 50s in terms of points.

Lovenkrands shot chance - good flowing move

Jonas getting to the byline and cutting it back chance - good run

Carroll volley from a cross in on the 18 yard line

Lovenkrands header chance - good move

Strange that none of these came from our hit and hope and we had 66% (bbc) possession.

Guest neesy111

Winning every game? We've barely managed a point from the games we should have won. :lol:

That's football, something you clearly do not understand.  I'm sure the bookies would lose a shit load of money if things panned out like that.

Guest neesy111

Some NUFC will never ever be pleased unless were winning every game 5-0 ffs.

You really are fucking clueless like.

Ahh, we don't you join the fucking boo boys you clown.

I'm not getting back into this f***ing debate again. Of course I'm not elated, we've failed to win 5 very winnable home games and if we don't start winning home games soon, we'll be in the relegation fight which is where I certainly don't want us to be.

How is it less of a marker than an even smaller sample of the games played though Jonny?

You may very well point to the fixture list and quality of teams played and to come, but we clearly show no deference for what should be 'easy' or 'hard' games so what can you base your viewpoint on?

I think this is a question of degrees, yes Hughton is under pressure as a relatively inexperienced and unproven manager and he's bound to be under a certain amount of pressure as any Newcastle manager is, but I don't think it's being cranked up especially high right now.

He's saying I should be elated because of where we are, and I'm saying the reason I'm not is because it's so early in the season. if the home form continues, we'll struggle - I'm not saying 'we'll struggle because we didn't win in those five games' - I'm not using it as a marker for anything at all.

Because you we simply won't keep up our away form. And if we do, it's against all logic and reason and that makes all the more unlikely to happen. Of course we could continue the way we are, but I doubt it.

And I never said Hughton was under pressure, I was pointing towards the team/club being under pressure because of home form.

You really are f***ing clueless like.

Ahh, we don't you join the f***ing boo boys you clown.

You really see something wrong with people expecting more than 2 points from Stoke/Wigan/Blackburn/Fulham/Blackpool? You think that's too demanding?

I feel a bit sorry for him regarding the Ben Arfa situation, he's clearly exactly what we needed, and of course lack now. Just terrible luck he's fucked for 4 months. Hope Chris can pull something similar out of the bag (obv not of the same pedigree) in Jan, cos we desperately need at least one striker and winger.

You really are f***ing clueless like.

Ahh, we don't you join the f***ing boo boys you clown.

You really see something wrong with people expecting more than 2 points from Stoke/Wigan/Blackburn/Fulham/Blackpool? You think that's too demanding?

An improvement on that would be beating every team 5-0, tbh.

2 points from 15 against teams at home you should on your day be looking to beat.

"That's football." :lol:

You do come out with some crackers, neesy.

We've also picked up 9 out of 15 points, out of our matches against last season's top 8 so far, with 4 of those 5 games being away as well. You can look at stats any way really, but the main statistic is that we have 18 points in 13 games, if we get 18 in our next 13 then we're going to stay up very comfortably.