The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got it spot on last night, but lets just hope he doesn't lose the plot again when we're away from SJP.

He's only gone and everything I was whining about.  bluerazz.gif  Well done CH. Early days, but the signings look to be decent as well.

His signings could be key. So far his signings have suggested that he wants to play a more attacking formation, routledge and van legend are good examples. He could have gone with slower players who want to hoof it but he went with pace.

His signings could be key. So far his signings have suggested that he wants to play a more attacking formation, routledge and van legend are good examples. He could have gone with slower players who want to hoof it but he went with pace.

He couldn't have gone with slower players who want to hoof it, they were injured.  The only option he had to change our starting line up that would have been negative was Ryan Taylor for Routledge or Simpson and that choice would have been stupid, even for him.

We'll see his true managerial ability once Butt and Smith are free from injury, it will also be interesting to see what he does with Lovenkrands after last night, he should start instead of Best.

He couldn't have gone with slower players who want to hoof it, they were injured.  The only option he had to change our starting line up that would have been negative was Ryan Taylor for Routledge or Simpson and that choice would have been stupid, even for him.

We'll see his true managerial ability once Butt and Smith are free from injury, it will also be interesting to see what he does with Lovenkrands after last night, he should start instead of Best.

I was talking about signing player with pace and attacking threat.

However my biggest worry is the Smith/Nolan thing. He needs to start Guthrie, i will forgive him one of the other two alongside him.

Shit forgot about that.

However my biggest worry is the Smith/Nolan thing. He needs to start Guthrie, i will forgive him one of the other two alongside him.

His signings look good, we've bought a lot worse for more money in the past.

His signings look good, we've bought a lot worse for more money in the past.

Agreed.

Roeder seemed to make his best changes when he was forced into them too. Hopefully Hughton will see how well this worked and persevere with it, for home matches at least. I think he's a naturally cautious manager mind so I can't see him going with it for away games if he has the option.

Roeder seemed to make his best changes when he was forced into them too. Hopefully Hughton will see how well this worked and persevere with it, for home matches at least. I think he's a naturally cautious manager mind so I can't see him going with it for away games if he has the option.

Roeder didn't learn from his mistakes, I hope Hughton can and we'll find out soon enough.

Roeder didn't learn from his mistakes, I hope Hughton can and we'll find out soon enough.

Yep. By all accounts pretty much spot on last night, hopefully he'll keep it up.

Giving Kadar a run out was a great decision as it reminds the lad that Hughton hasn't totally forgotten him, even though we've signed three extra defenders this window.

Aye, but at the same time, to those that complain he isn't playing, it'd be stupid to needlessly throw him in at the start when we have more experienced CBs available.

Stop talking about mistake an Roeder. I don´t think for one minute that Hughton is like Roeder yet. I mean. Look at the squad we had in the summer and now. Huhgton couldent play so many formations. he dident have the option to play two good wingers. ok. he could have been more attacked mined and I shouldent say he could have been better last week, BUT look at his signings. They are all good and how do everyone know what Hughton is thinking? Maybe he thinks Butt/Smith/Nolan is crap to but for some reason he has been forced to play them.

We will see what happens now and the rest of the season. But don´t count Hughton out. I dont agree with Hughton with everything. But he impresses me more and more. Look at the signings, pure class, and see what a lovley little group of players we have know.

Still the squad are long way from being perfeckt. but it has been improved so much this month so its almost silly.

hughton will play with butt, smith and nolan again. he most. he have a lot of game coming up and we most rotate. if we have every player injury free and everyone is fit we now have a lot of option and I´m qutie sure Routh and Jonas will play on the wings if they are fit.

stup call Hughton for stupied. Everyone keep telling that he don´t know what he does and that everyone could done it better. but whay are you not coaching temas then? everyone have different option. but it dosent have to be better than someone else. maybe different.

we are top of the table. sure we hasent played well. but we still are top. slowley we start to get in good players and look at last night - we played well.

with hughton we won´t play like arsenal. but we can still take points. i think hughtons typ of play will suit well in the pl if we get there. don´t count hughton out. give him a propper chans in the pl. the last one wasen´t fair. just look at shearer :rolleyes:

i think a lot of people would take him back but still want hughton out.

In theory you're probably right about starting Mcloveinhispants ahead of Best. But as he says in his post match, its all about the impact the players make whatever game minutes they are given. His decision last night was the right one. Perhaps he will start to get it right more often than not now that he has a solid pool of players.

Personally, from what I've seen Hughton gets more right than he does wrong. His commitment to 4-5-1 away may produce frustrating football but you rarely look defensively leaky. Surely it's all about nicking 1-0 wins from even-ish games for the time being? (Yes, he didn't act quickly enough or indeed act at all at Leicester). That's just from what I've seen, like.

Personally, from what I've seen Hughton gets more right than he does wrong. His commitment to 4-5-1 away may produce frustrating football but you rarely look defensively leaky. Surely it's all about nicking 1-0 wins from even-ish games for the time being? (Yes, he didn't act quickly enough or indeed act at all at Leicester). That's just from what I've seen, like.

No sense in talking sense here pal. Hughton's a cunt full stop :)

Guest Stephen927

Another thing I'm liking about having Hughton in charge is that the manager's interviews are all about the football. Staying out of the papers and headlines for wrong reasons, and the manager being the football man that he is....well it feels refreshing.

I pointed this out a week ago and was laughed at.