The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/779128/CHRIS-HUGHTON-has-done-a-fantastic-job-taking-Newcastle-up-at-the-first-time-of-asking.html

Hughton should quit before he is stabbed in the back

10/04/2010

CHRIS HUGHTON has done a fantastic job taking Newcastle up at the first time of asking.

Now he should do himself a big favour and get out of Toon with his head held high before he gets stabbed in the back.

That way Hughton will give himself a future living as a proven boss at a decent level.

Not end up being sacked in humiliation after five games at the start of next term.

If success in management is based on being a good coach and man, Newcastle should not be paying Hughton a big bonus now that they are back in the top flight but also a proper contract. Yet they have not and will not.

Let us put it this way - being back in the Premier League is worth a minimum extra £30million a year for the club but Hughton will be lucky to see much of it.

And from what I gather Hughton's job is up for grabs, no doubt on four times the wages.

If owner Mike Ashley succeeds in selling the club this summer then new owners will want a bigger name than Hughton.

If Ashley fails to convince buyers Newcastle is a good investment to take off his hands at £100m then he is as likely to do the same in the belief he can up the ante.

OK, Hughton may need help on charisma but he has done a job this season that even Toon hero Alan Shearer would never have come close to achieving.

Yet there will now be a campaign to install a name of Shearer's status or a foreign guru.

Well the Geordies do like to clutch failure out of the jaws of success.

There is talk in the north east that Hughton is now surplus to requirements because he can't control four so-called senior players

Yet if Hughton has managed to keep the egos of such overpaid, overrated "stars" in line, then he must know what he is doing.

And if Hughton, brought up in London's tough East End, wants to flex credible muscles, he may remind certain people he came from a mixed race background during the 1960s and 70s when that was not easy.

Yet he ended up playing in the same Spurs team as Glenn Hoddle and Ossie Ardiles as well as playing for the Republic of Ireland.

Chrissy Hughton has rubbed shoulders with far bigger men than, for instance, Joey Barton.

So he should be embraced by the club's current or next owners. But he won't be.

phil k.....you'd have a point with that piece of crap mate.

Guest Brummiemag

What do people expect from a right wing, trashy, sensationalist, southern based piece of shit like the News of the World? It amazes me that millions of people buy and believe the garbage that they and a lot of the other papers print. 

What a load of shit that article is, he's been loyal to Ashley and I expect the same in return.  My guess is that the News of the World are going to be the next ones banned from St James' and they deserve it for that steaming pile of shit.

What a load of shit that article is, he's been loyal to Ashley and I expect the same in return.  My guess is that the News of the World are going to be the next ones banned from St James' and they deserve it for that steaming pile of shit.

I honestly think he was pissed.

He would have to be either pissed or mentally unstable.  I wouldn't know where to start pulling that to pieces as it's so full of crap.

There is no way Hughton should not be in charge for next season. Even if its not going well we need stability to move this club forward and I can't be arsed for another 4 managers in a season. My expectations are relatively low for next season. I hope we stay up and work hard and manage to have the same manager at the end of the season

Says it all about society that people in their millions spend a quid on that rag.

and no doubt as you are one of the few who want a new manager instead of Hughton next season, you will be first in the queue at 9.00am every sunday morning for your copy, hypocrite!

Guest elbee909

Yet there will now be a campaign to install a name of Shearer's status or a foreign guru.

:lol:

Hitzfeld available? ;)

He would have to be either pissed or mentally unstable.  I wouldn't know where to start pulling that to pieces as it's so full of crap.

My favorite part is "And if Hughton, brought up in London's tough East End, wants to flex credible muscles, he may remind certain people he came from a mixed race background during the 1960s and 70s when that was not easy"  :lol:

What do people expect from a right wing, trashy, sensationalist, southern based piece of shit like the News of the World? It amazes me that millions of people buy and believe the garbage that they and a lot of the other papers print. 

This. And this is the reason why most of society these days are utter cunts reading drivel like this wank!

My favorite part is "And if Hughton, brought up in London's tough East End, wants to flex credible muscles, he may remind certain people he came from a mixed race background during the 1960s and 70s when that was not easy"  :lol:

I'm telling you, the bloke was cunted when he wrote that. He is clearly mortal but had a good noseful too, just so he could be together enough to type.

Says it all about society that people in their millions spend a quid on that rag.

and no doubt as you are one of the few who want a new manager instead of Hughton next season, you will be first in the queue at 9.00am every sunday morning for your copy, hypocrite!

That isn't hypocrisy, mate.

Here's an example to help you out:

My god, you are a numpty after all.

So, basically, you are happy to have a player who is past his best

Words fail me other than this is up there with your usual tripe.

Yes, right now and even if he played till he was 50, Nobby would still have more ability than Guthrie.

That isn't hypocrisy, mate.

Here's an example to help you out:

My god, you are a numpty after all.

So, basically, you are happy to have a player who is past his best

Words fail me other than this is up there with your usual tripe.

Yes, right now and even if he played till he was 50, Nobby would still have more ability than Guthrie.

Onnly problem with my opinion on Solano against Guthrie, which you have conveniently omitted is that Guthrie has been absolute trash as a right midfielder and could never play right back as well as proved to be a failure already at premiership level. Solano has done it all. There is, nor can there be any comparison.

This "assessment" by you has nothing to do with the hypocrisy you have shown in your contradictions of the Hughton situation.

Furthermore, I seem to recall your contradictory comments regarding Beckford as well, which were well documented on this forum and a huge reason for a great deal levity aimed at you at the time.

Mate, give up now, your credibility was lost months ago.

Guest Phil K
phil k.....you'd have a point with that piece of crap mate.

He's one of the many, Mad, mate.

I've been saying this for long enough.

Maybe I have dwelt on it.

But note - in the past few years of the press deliberatly attacking Newcastle and their fans, theres been less attacks on Man U + multi-area fans, notice ?

They've virtually died out.

NOT coincidental.

I noticed this last year. The rags spent all their waking hours it seemed brainwashing the fans of other teams against us

AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED

If you ask rival fans WHY they "hate" us, they virtually quote these manipulative missives word for word.

If you want your team NOT to get stick, you look for stool pigeons to deflect abuse.

And thats what the rags have done with us.

Oh no, credability on an internet forum.

Some of you need to take yourselves a little less seriously, you'll all collapse with heart failure.

A good example of what people like Mike Dennis rely on.

Many on this forum had the same view.

Most are waking up to the fact that it iS as bad as some of us said.

I haven't bought a newspaper in years, and tbh I can't understand why anyone does. If they all went out of business, I'd not lose a minute's sleep and indeed it would serve most of them right.

Can't see the need for paper based media like that in this day and age.

Guest Phil K

Actually, Dennis is furious that there HASN'T been demands for Hughton to be replaced. He's been proved as wrong as could be, and hasn't acted with any decorum whatsoever.

Quite the opposite actually.

So if he SAYS there has been demands for Hughton's replacement, with no proof, 90% of rival fans are so dumb and/or willing to believe the non-fact, then it is so without any truth in the matter whatsoever.

Its what they always do anyway.

With every new interview Hughton gives, the less I think he's the right guy.

Passed few days he's been quoted saying shit like he wants Leon Best in the premiership and that he's considering extending pancake's contract. Still, I hope he's just playing it up for the sake their confidence and he'll do the right thing come the window.