Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest firetotheworks

I loved that lovely little nonchalant back-heel he did to Colo late on. When he came in I thought he would be the brute, and colo would be the artist. But their styles are both quite similar. Williamson's just more in the English mould of clearing your lines than Colo is.

I loved that lovely little nonchalant back-heel he did to Colo late on. When he came in I thought he would be the brute, and colo would be the artist. But their styles are both quite similar. Williamson's just more in the English mould of clearing your lines than Colo is.

Yeah, I'm surprised how similar they are as well, Williamson seems an intelligent player, slightly more 'hoof it out' than Colo, but that's a good thing IMO.

Interesting to see how he gets on against more top teams, and how having Tiote in midfield benefits the defence.

Williamson has become one of my favourite players. The fact he'd never been tested at this level worried me somewhat, but he's come in and done a stirling job in both games and is probably now on par with Enrique in terms of players at the back I trust with the ball.

There was a moment when Young beat him for pace yesterday and I thought "fuck, he's never going to get back" and yet he managed to and nullified the threat. He might not be the quickest over 10 yards, but he can sure as hell do the job.

He's a very good player. The price we got him for was a steal.

I'm guessing your IP means I can stop texting you with NUFC updates? Should have charged tbh. ;)

Yeah, cheers mate. I did have internet occasionally in bars and stuff but not for more than 20 minutes and on my iTouch. Much appreciated.

Slightly better than Colo yesterday but really that was Colo's best game in a B&W shirt, though that also goes for a few others as well.

Can't judge on Manu, and really the Villa game is distorted, Wolves will be the real test for both of them, hope they keep it up. Considering how much he cost (10% of Colo fee) and how much we pay him (15% of Colo's wages) he is a massive bargain.

Slightly better than Colo yesterday but really that was Colo's best game in a B&W shirt, though that also goes for a few others as well.

Can't judge on Manu, and really the Villa game is distorted, Wolves will be the real test for both of them, hope they keep it up. Considering how much he cost (10% of Colo fee) and how much we pay him (15% of Colo's wages) he is a massive bargain.

I agree completely - he has started the season very well but i think we should see how he does in a game when we don't have a 3 goal cushion at half time.  As good as he an Colo were yesterday they were caught out a good few times by Young's pace in the first 25 minutes or so.

Guest Stephen927

Liked the way he kept his cool to find the pass to Nolan instead of putting his foot through it and we found ourselves with a counter attacking opportunity.

Encouraging 7 months for him here. Will be sterner tests but he didn't look out of place against Man United either.

I've not been his biggest fan, but got to admit he played very well yesterday, both he and Colo recovered well from a slow start where they allowed Young to get behind them too often. It'll be an interseting decision for Hughton to make when both Sol and Taylor become available for selection.

• 4 weeks later...

He's a bit slow and will get burned by the better strikers in the league but he's calm, mops up nicely and works well with Colo so he'll do, but I'm still worried about how slow our central defence is.

Pace isn't such an issue in central defence as long as you have the brains and aren't playing a high line imo. Look at David Weir for example, 40 years old, slower than Kevin Nolan and is still helping Rangers keep clean sheets against manu. With good positional sense the pace isn't so important I would say and big Mike seems to be pretty clued up.

I think he's a bit rough around the edges but he's got the qualities to be a good player for us. I think he's got a bit of Bramble-ness to him. Undoubted quality, especially in the tackle, but i'm still holding the breath a wee bit. Particularly if he's got the ball at his feet. But i do like him, i think we've had far, far worse partnerships than him and Colo.

I think he's a bit rough around the edges but he's got the qualities to be a good player for us. I think he's got a bit of Bramble-ness to him. Undoubted quality, especially in the tackle, but i'm still holding the breath a wee bit. Particularly if he's got the ball at his feet. But i do like him, i think we've had far, far worse partnerships than him and Colo.

:dowiespin:

Too much Fresher's juice?