Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

If we've got any ambitions of Europe etc, we'll be looking to bring in a genuine quality partner for Colo. I'd be annoyed if we weren't atleast in the market for a centre-back.

I don't think we will be in the market for a CB this summer.

Handing Williamson and Saylor five-year contracts, indicative.

We've handed them contracts because we need four CBs.  If Sol leaves (which is likely) then we'll need one more unless someone like Kadar or Tavernier (I know he's predominately a RB) steps up.

Being a Stoke born lad, wonder if he'd accept a move to Stoke City with Shawcross coming the other way?

No thanks. He's been on a steady decline for a while now in my opinion.

Guest palnese

Being a Stoke born lad, wonder if he'd accept a move to Stoke City with Shawcross coming the other way?

Decline? He's 23:lol:

Williams was excellent again, that's him and cudicni together for a full season against class opposition now, no reason why they shouldn't e even better next season.

Yep, I wouldn't be looking to buy a starting CB right now, we have bigger priorities. Although our backup in that position is slightly dodgy.

Williams was excellent again, that's him and cudicni together for a full season against class opposition now, no reason why they shouldn't e even better next season.

arguably his best game of the season

Really?

The Andy O'Brien of 2011.

And I won't complain at that. He's the solid partner to Colo. Much happier with the collective performance than individual. Done well tonight :thup: Him and Cudicini though? Don't know.

I would definately keep Colo and Willi as our starting pair for the foreseeable future.  What we do need is a good third choice CB.  Saylor is 4th choise at best.  Don't know if Kadar will make it.

Clearly Sol, tbh.

Arsenal away.

Decline? He's 23:lol:

Only just seen this.

I don't know why his age should matter to be honest. He looked a lot better a couple of years ago than he does now. I know defenders don't peak until their older than he is but he's still gone backwards. Another point to add is that if we are going to replace Williamson as one of the starting centre-backs, it needs to be somebody who's a lot better than him, not somebody who's around the same standard.

Arsenal away.

No chance, he was decent that day but the others were better.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He has a great ability of being able to make crucial tackles... even if he did give away a dangerous foul trying to stop a player going past him today.

Guest palnese

He has a great ability of being able to make crucial tackles... even if he did give away a dangerous foul trying to stop a player going past him today.

Took one for the team - Great decision.