Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest Stephen927

Hope Kadar does well tomorrow night, don't think Williamson should go straight into the defence even if he signs in time.

Just heard from a source that Craig Hope is just about to go through the spell checker before posting the official news on the website.

Could be another few hours lads. Hold on.

I heard he's had to go off and look for another pun as Llambias wouldn't sanction Big Willy.

... why, if he ws any good, Williamson was yet to make his Pompey bow.

Good point, no satisfactory answer to this yet. I'm bombarding Caulkin as we speak.

Caulkiiiiiiiiiiiin!!

Isn't it because had he played they'd have had to pay money to Watford?

Good point, no satisfactory answer to this yet. I'm bombarding Caulkin as we speak.

Caulkiiiiiiiiiiiin!!

I doubt Watford had a 1st appearance clause for a 26 year old player. Maybe Grant does not rate the player Hart signed.

Hope Kadar does well tomorrow night, don't think Williamson should go straight into the defence even if he signs in time.

Slightly off topic but was pretty surprised to head Kadar cost us £900,000. Really pleased that we got him and rate him massively, just thought it was less than that at the time for some reason.

Guest geordienorway

Caulkiiiiiiiiiiiin!!

I doubt Watford had a 1st appearance clause for a 26 year old player. Maybe Grant does not rate the player Hart signed.

:lol:

Caulkiiiiiiiiiiiin!!

Probably either a certain amount per game up to a fixed sum or a certain amount after each number of games.  Either way playing him once means they couldn't sell him.  Which means they have a player they can't play and can't sell.

I know most of this is a piss take by the way just thought that particular post was worth responding to.

Caulkin reckons he won't be eligible for tomorrow night now.Deal should be confirmed in the morning if not before.

Shame. We could have done with a big physical defender in there tbh.

I think it's more important he plays in the Leicester game tbh.

Big chance for Dave to flex his ITK muscles here - get onto his auntie and find out whether Hughton has told him he's playing.

But surely if we played him we would invoke something and have to pay Portsmouth more money for him?

I like the lad, and am happy we are getting bodies in, but I don't see why we should waste more money by playing him. Just doesn't seem a sensible course of action in the current climate.

Big chance for Dave to flex his ITK muscles here - get onto his auntie and find out whether Hughton has told him he's playing.

But surely if we played him we would have to pay Portsmouth more money for him?

Doesn't seem sensible course of action imho.

was talking about Tavernier fwiw.

But surely if we played him we would invoke something and have to pay Portsmouth more money for him?

I like the lad, and am happy we are getting bodies in, but I don't see why we should waste more money by playing him. Just doesn't seem a sensible course of action in the current climate.

was talking about Tavernier fwiw.

Ah, sorry, fair enough.  :blush:

I have no problems with Taverniers clauses.

Not looking good for this deal, he was up here with his family if things had gone well I would have thought he would have signed yesterday. May have wanted a bigger wage, you would think he would be happy with wages he knew would be in the bank on time.

Guest Roger Kint

Not sure whether those fears are founded Skirge. I bet this one goes through this morning.

What difference does it make? I think the cut off was 5pm last night to be registered, no rush if he isnt going to be available for tonight. Some people must wish us failure ;D

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

I got told he signed last night, but was never going to play tonight,  he is not match fit, having only played 1 reserve game since the summer.