Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest MrSundlofer

Mike Williamson has had a good season and usually plays safe. He did it for 90 minutes today except for the mistake today that led to a penalty. I trust him, but could also be a good "first-defender-choice-on-the-bench" (our third best defender) if we buy a new proven central defender for next season.

He did a mistake today, everyone do mistakes, he is still a good player and it's funny to see how people "don't rate him" after this game.

I'd be delighted to have him as our third choice defender next season. Taylor being fourth. But he's made mistakes all season. Got away with it last week and was punished for his down-right clumsiness today.

Guest Heneage

Starting to frustrate me slightly. A solid enough defender but he's one you'd look to upgrade in the long term.

I'd be delighted to have him as our third choice defender next season. Taylor being fourth. But he's made mistakes all season. Got away with it last week and was punished for his down-right clumsiness today.

I'd be happy with him as third choice. He's just not supposed to be a starter. He gets away with a lot fortunately or unfortunately depdning on the way you look at things.

He's had a very decent season and has surprised a lot of us - including myself - along the way.

He struggles against good players because of his inability on the ball and complete lack of strength and athleticism. Won't be too unhappy to see him in the starting Xl next season.  I do think that a better RB alongside him would help him out greatly.

As mentioned he has got away with a lot this season, he can be very clumsy and it far too "hands on" inside the box. Love the guy though and for his first year in the premiership he will only get better with experience, getting away with it wont teach him any lessons hopefully this is a wake up call for him.

Happy to have him 3rd choice. A top CB and natural leader is a must at the back. We do well but lack organisation and leadership back there.

He has very slow reflexes coupled with mediocre pace. He is not a smart player though Colo marshalling the defence makes this less obvious, it is just the silly decisions like today that hurt us.

Happy to have him as a first team CB but would prefer a new one. He is a lower half CB and if we are looking to progress and challenge for Europe he needs to be replaced.

Mike Williamson has had a good season and usually plays safe. He did it for 90 minutes today except for the mistake today that led to a penalty. I trust him, but could also be a good "first-defender-choice-on-the-bench" (our third best defender) if we buy a new proven central defender for next season.

He did a mistake today, everyone do mistakes, he is still a good player and it's funny to see how people "don't rate him" after this game.

Never rated him and said months ago not up too it at this level .

Guest toonlass

FWIW Williamson has had a better season in the PL than that cunt Taylor has managed in 7 attempts.

Agree

He's had a very decent season and has surprised a lot of us - including myself - along the way.

He struggles against good players because of his inability on the ball and complete lack of strength and athleticism. Won't be too unhappy to see him in the starting Xl next season.  I do think that a better RB alongside him would help him out greatly.

Agree.

Given that we have money to spend allegedly it is a good chance to replace him in the first team and have him 3rd choice but I can't see it and won't be too gutted if he still in the first team next season.

Guest neesy111

If we can get a better CB than Williamson then go for it, but not at the expense of another striker etc.

Williamson as 3rd CB then we can fuck Saylor off at long last.

Don't think it would be easy to replace him without spending Coloccini levels of money.

Reckon we'd able to get something better than him for circa £4-5m. Preferably a big, bastard of a centre half. An absolute monster of a man. Who though I don't know but there must be better knocking about.

Obviously strikers are the priority though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

FWIW Williamson has had a better season in the PL than that cunt Taylor has managed in 7 attempts.

Aye.

A bad game today against a World Class Forward, and everyone is seemingly forgetting the rest of the season he's had (at his 1st attempt) in the Premiership.

Don't think it would be easy to replace him without spending Coloccini levels of money.

Reckon we'd able to get something better than him for circa £4-5m. Preferably a big, b****** of a centre half. An absolute monster of a man. Who though I don't know but there must be better knocking about.

I wonder what the Gooch is doing lately ;)

Aye.

A bad game today against a World Class Forward, and everyone is seemingly forgetting the rest of the season he's had (at his 1st attempt) in the Premiership.

It's what happens after a defeat, 7 or 8 player threads are bumped with them all being deemed not good enough to start.

Then one of them is dropped, we have a bad game a few weeks ago and the not good enough player is suddenly good enough again :lol:

Reckon we'd able to get something better than him for circa £4-5m. Preferably a big, b****** of a centre half. An absolute monster of a man. Who though I don't know but there must be better knocking about.

I wonder what the Gooch is doing lately ;)

Top of the Dutch league but you know what I mean. A Samba, Roger Johnson, all they care about is defending kind of player.