Commentators

Astroblack

I really like the guy who did a lot of our Championship games under Benitez and still only seems to get Championship games, Daniel Mann I think he's called. Him with McCoist on co comms would be class.

Tyler is past it, used to be class but not now. Hate almost all of the commentators on BT. Don't like Drury either, gets a lot of rapport on social media but he tries far too hard to sound like an over the top Shakespearean sonnet, like get a grip.

Drury's the worst of the lot and has been for years. I genuinely hate the patronising, pretentious cunt :lol:

It's a proper dagger to my heart that a new generation seemingly think he's some sort of beautiful orator. No I'm not being dramatic 

Edited by Kid Icarus

• 2 months later...
On 28/04/2023 at 15:27, Wolfcastle said:

Barry Davies is my all time favourite poet.

A transcript on the commentary of his goals would read like that. The authenticity only adds to it.

Barry Davies absolutely the best ever for me.

Understood the importance of not speaking when you don't have anything to say.

The absolute opposite of Clive Tyldesley, who is the worst ever for that.

The art of not speaking is so rare. There was a snooker commentator who I loved (not Willie Thorne) who used to do BBC and then about ten years ago moved onto Eurosport. He was pretty old, had experienced depression in his life and he had a very soft way of speaking but quite a low voice. What was he called? Absolutely loved him, think he’s still alive 

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

Barry Davies absolutely the best ever for me.

Understood the importance of not speaking when you don't have anything to say.

The absolute opposite of Clive Tyldesley, who is the worst ever for that.

I see your Tyldesley and raise you Steven 'Fletch' Fletcher 

On 28/04/2023 at 10:21, Kid Icarus said:

Drury's the worst of the lot and has been for years. I genuinely hate the patronising, pretentious cunt :lol:

It's a proper dagger to my heart that a new generation seemingly think he's some sort of beautiful orator. No I'm not being dramatic 

I think it’s the Americans who are championing him as such. I wish they could all see that Squires comic of him to see what the rest of the world think of him. 

Edit: Whoever the main commentator for La Liga games on Sky in the mid 2010s was class. His Irish? co commentator - not so much. 

Ian Crocker is one of my favorite commentators. He’s the main commentator for the SPL iirc and does some Prem games but I think he should be the Premier League’s leading announcer. 

Edited by Astroblack

Some of Drury's stuff is over the top (a lot of it) but he makes the commentary fun for the non versed or casual fan. His passion and explanations on the NBC broadcasts were great, in big moments he kept quiet at times, and in big moments he was going nuts too. 

His admiration of the job our owners, Eddie Howe and the players were doing this past season were outstanding. He was in awe of our noise all season long and mentioned a ton how this is what our fans and club deserved after many years of Ashley. 

Arlo White was also very similar in his praise prior to doing the LIV stuff.

40 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Some of Drury's stuff is over the top (a lot of it) but he makes the commentary fun for the non versed or casual fan. His passion and explanations on the NBC broadcasts were great, in big moments he kept quiet at times, and in big moments he was going nuts too. 

His admiration of the job our owners, Eddie Howe and the players were doing this past season were outstanding. He was in awe of our noise all season long and mentioned a ton how this is what our fans and club deserved after many years of Ashley. 

Arlo White was also very similar in his praise prior to doing the LIV stuff.

This is my problem. Football was shown on Fox Soccer Channel(formerly Fox Sports World) far longer than NBC took over the rights in 2013(I got cable in 2003 and they were using direct Sky feeds). Arlo dumbed down a product that didn't need to be dumbed down. And now that idiot is doing commentary on Ted Lasso and that show makes football look like a joke.