Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Would have been useful tonight.

:sadnod: Whereas an excuse for Carroll's sale could be the £35m, this one still makes no sense.

It will in the summer.  :fishing: ?

How ironic that he'll probably get kept on at QPR when they come up, just as we pass him going the opposite direction...

need to lay off them downers GM.

This is me on uppers mate. :sadnod:

RECALL.

Why? Our midfield is ok now because Tiote is back, and Ireland returns next week.  We need attackers, not midfielders. Routledge has proven again and again with different clubs that Wankership is his level. He does not have the football intelligence, nor the physique or the technique to master PL. One of the most frustrating things with him is that he waits until the defender is close to him before he starts dribbling. The problem is of course that then the defender has body contact, resulting in Routledge being pushed away.  And what's the point in having a winger that is not able to cross? This season, he's made only ONE cross successfully, against Shitty where Carroll should have scored. Playing 4-4-2 it's essential that we have people on the wings able to deliver crosses, which Barton is able to. That move was by the way probably the smartest thing Chris has ever done.

RECALL.

Why? Our midfield is ok now because Tiote is back, and Ireland returns next week.  We need attackers, not midfielders. Routledge has proven again and again with different clubs that Wankership is his level. He does not have the football intelligence, nor the physique or the technique to master PL. One of the most frustrating things with him is that he waits until the defender is close to him before he starts dribbling. The problem is of course that then the defender has body contact, resulting in Routledge being pushed away.  And what's the point in having a winger that is not able to cross? This season, he's made only ONE cross successfully, against Shitty where Carroll should have scored. Playing 4-4-2 it's essential that we have people on the wings able to deliver crosses, which Barton is able to. That move was by the way probably the smartest thing Chris has ever done.

Todays bench is for why. Ireland and Gosling both injured. I agree he isnt good enough against top premier league sides, but against lesser teams in a relegation scrap he could be very useful, his pace is enough to cause wolves, west brom, wigan, west ham and others problems, we need him for this season imo.

Guest sicko2ndbest

"The new manager came in and made it clear I was not part of his plans. I was fine being at Newcastle and I was involved in the team, although not as much as I would have liked, but I was enjoying it," the 26-year-old told skysports.com.

Opinion

"But when it was made clear to me that I wouldn't be involved much, than I made a decision to come somewhere where I could play football.

"That's all I want to do is play and enjoy the game. Coming here has given a chance to do that."

The former England Under-21 international won the Championship title last year with Newcastle and earned promotion earlier in his career with Crystal Palace.

"I know what it takes to win this league," he added. "It's a nice honour to have two promotions in two seasons, but for me it's about settling down and I thought that I had done that at Newcastle.

"I'm still a Newcastle player. I fully enjoyed my time at Newcastle and intend on going back there but every manager has own opinion on players and the game."