Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Guest dogbeak

fuck me, accidentally opened this thread to the first page - a lot of optimism going about this chap at the outset!

f*** me, accidentally opened this thread to the first page - a lot of optimism going about this chap at the outset!

He was the perfect signing at the time.

Aye, it is unfortunate that his level is the Championship. Hoped he would come good in the PL eventually.

Guest dogbeak

f*** me, accidentally opened this thread to the first page - a lot of optimism going about this chap at the outset!

aye, i'm not pooh-poohing the optimists - anyone can be a smartarse with the benefit of hindsight and all that (personally i didn't have much of an opinion of him as a player either way).

more a depressing reflection of the states of affairs as is!

aye, i'm not pooh-poohing the optimists - anyone can be a smartarse with the benefit of hindsight and all that (personally i didn't have much of an opinion of him as a player either way).

No hindsight, he was fantastic in the CCC and made promotion a breeze.

We should keep this chap for another season, would be far more effective coming off the bench than Nolan.

No hindsight, he was fantastic in the CCC and made promotion a breeze.

Indeed, a very shrewd signing at the time as were all the players (even Best eventually) we signed that window.

Would rather keep than get a pointless £1m for whatever.

Pardew's comments in January suggest he's off, he said something like "we need to get better than Wayne, and we will", I think?

And be left with Ryan Taylor and Dany Guthrie to come in? No thanks.

Routledge with his pace has something to offer off the bench. Those two offer fuck all.

I'd think so too like but loaning him out last season and playing Lovenkrands there would suggest the managment think otherwise.

I love how all these £1m and £4m fees are pointless. Hoe much does a fee have to be to have a point?

It's pointless if you consider that's what we'll spend on a replacement. Who are we going to get anywhere near Routledge's experience and standard (whatever you consider that to be) for £1m?

It won't particularly impact our summer spending, I'd rather keep the player. He might come good. Not that it matters, because I'm sure Pardew was far from complimentary about him after witnessing that wank Stevenage showing from him.