Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

And be left with Ryan Taylor and Dany Guthrie to come in? No thanks.

Routledge with his pace has something to offer off the bench. Those two offer f*** all.

They sometimes perform 'Ok, with some nice touches'. :lol:

I love how all these £1m and £4m fees are pointless. Hoe much does a fee have to be to have a point?

A £1million fee is pointless when it gets Ryan Taylor games.

Routledge with his pace has something to offer off the bench. Those two offer fuck all.

I'd think so too like but loaning him out last season and playing Lovenkrands there would suggest the managment think otherwise.

I expect him to be sold like. Clearly Pardew doesn't rate him at all and he'll be moved on. Leicester is my own hunch but we'll see.

Routledge with his pace has something to offer off the bench. Those two offer f*** all.

They sometimes perform 'Ok, with some nice touches'. :lol:

Aye, if you're David Blunkett.

I love how all these £1m and £4m fees are pointless. Hoe much does a fee have to be to have a point?

There's still 30 odd million left in the kitty. If we can't find someone better than Routledge the head scout wants shooting with shit.

There's still 30 odd million left in the kitty. If we can't find someone better than Routledge the head scout wants shooting with shit.

:sadnod:

TBH I'd keep Guthrie to be 5th or 6th choice.

If we're that desperate during the course of the season I'd rather see Vuckic get a game tbh.

True, but at least Guthrie is fit, available for selection most of the time unlike Vuckic.

I just felt that the Wayne one was a deal that was right for him, and more importantly, right for us.

You have to sort of move on players to grow, we have to get better than Wayne and that’s what we’re going to aim to do.

I just felt that the Wayne one was a deal that was right for him, and more importantly, right for us.

You have to sort of move on players to grow, we have to get better than Wayne and that’s what we’re going to aim to do.

I expect N'Zogbia quality of players at the very least, then.

The Guthrie hate gets on my knackers these days like. He did enough in the games he played post-WBA to show he deserves his place here as a squad player. I thought we'd suffer badly during Tiote's absence (especially at Sunderland), but Guthrie came in and kept us ticking over. He wasn't really playing his game either, but did well enough regardless. As I've said before, I think he fits the exact blueprint of what a squad player at our level should be - very cheap wages, still relatively young, steady performer when called upon. I'd hope Gosling would follow this schema as well, although I do expect a bit more from him given his reputation from Everton, despite the injury.

As for Routledge, it all depends on what our other movements are really. You'd hope we'd be well-stocked enough after the summer so that he wouldn't be needed. I'd rather see him leave than Lua Lua if the fees are going to be relatively similar.

I agree Rich, a lot of Premier League fans probably couldn't even name their 5th or 6th choice central midfielder - he would more likely come from the reserves or youth team.

I don't have a problem with Guthrie, Routledge or Lua Lua being in our squad. The latter I'd definitely like to persevere with for a bit longer.

The Guthrie hate gets on my knackers these days like. He did enough in the games he played post-WBA to show he deserves his place here as a squad player. I thought we'd suffer badly during Tiote's absence (especially at Sunderland), but Guthrie came in and kept us ticking over. He wasn't really playing his game either, but did well enough regardless. As I've said before, I think he fits the exact blueprint of what a squad player at our level should be - very cheap wages, still relatively young, steady performer when called upon. I'd hope Gosling would follow this schema as well, although I do expect a bit more from him given his reputation from Everton, despite the injury.

As for Routledge, it all depends on what our other movements are really. You'd hope we'd be well-stocked enough after the summer so that he wouldn't be needed. I'd rather see him leave than Lua Lua if the fees are going to be relatively similar.

Can't disagree with any of that. Ideal back up fodder for where we are at the minute.

Despite the fact I slagged him when he was in the team I do agree he's a decent squad player. My problem has been he's a player who hides when he's used regularly, but coming in as a squad player he's still pretty handy. Far better technically than Nolan although not as strong a character.

The main issue I have with Guthrie is that he's gone backwards as a player.

I wasn't much on the pulse back towards the beginning of the season/middle of the season, but weren't there some stories doing the rounds about his conduct/behaviour off the field? Just generally not doing a very good job of looking after himself up here?

He does cover a lot of ground, mind, despite not looking the fittest, but he does give the impression that he could be trimmer/fitter. Might just have been me but I thought he looked sharper/more slender towards the end of last season, which had me hoping that Pardew/the staff had got him to get a handle on things and begin to sort himself out.

Eh? He can take a set-piece, thread a pass and has scored some pretty decent goals for us. Fucking hell I'm sounding like his agent here.

I accept he's average at best in terms of PL standards, but I think "bland" is pretty harsh. He's a good footballer.