Transfer Deadline Day Jan '10

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12:35

Helen Dalby:

Lots of questions and speculation about the possible return of Darren Ambrose to Newcastle. We have nothing confirmed on this, and the understanding from our sports desk was that Hughton's priority today was to sign a centre forward.

Would f***ing love it. Certainly better than Best.

:dowie:

Guest Roger Kint

You lot are f***ing arrogant as f*** at times, give me your point of view then.

Ambrose is a midfielder, Best is a striker. We need a striker more. What else you need to know?

Ambrose is a midfielder, Best is a striker. We need a striker more. What else you need to know?

i'm not sure we do need a striker more than a central midfielder.

Then why didnt you say this in the first place insead of the usual " :facepalm: is the only thing I have to put because it clearly describes everything", I know hes a striker and we need a striker, and Id be happier if we got him instead of Best, because even as a midfield player I see him more of a goal threat and much more creative as well, Id rather have him ahead of Smith. Because with him in the side I see us being more dangerous than our usual midfield and a striker as Best leading the attack.

Guest Roger Kint

i'm not sure we do need a striker more than a central midfielder.

Our strikers have scored 5 goals in the last 7 league games of which we won just 1. I would say thats a bigger concern

Guest Roger Kint

Then why didnt you say this in the first place insead of the usual " :facepalm: is the only thing I have to put because it clearly describes everything", I know hes a striker and we need a striker, and Id be happier if we got him instead of Best, because even as a midfield player I see him more of a goal threat and much more creative as well, Id rather have him ahead of Smith. Because with him in the side I see us being more dangerous than our usual midfield and a striker as Best leading the attack.

The facepalm neatly showed you i disagreed.

Now you are suggesting a Ambrose/Nolan CM i should have just used one here as well to save the bother of replying tbh

The facepalm neatly showed you i disagreed.

Now you are suggesting a Ambrose/Nolan CM i should have just used one here as well to save the bother of replying tbh

Where on earth did I suggest a Ambrose/Nolan midfield

Id be content with,

Routledge - Guthrie - Ambrose - Jonas

Lovenkrands - Amoebi

rather than the usual crap, with Best in the side to compete for a place.

Guest Roger Kint

Id be content with,

Lovenkrands - Amoebi

The usual crap which with a decent striker would have us a long way clear by now?

Id be content with,

Lovenkrands - Amoebi

The usual crap which with a decent striker would have us a long way clear by now?

It got us to where we are now, im not daft and I know that, but lets face it weve been struggling lately and the weakest link in all of our matches this month has been our midfield.

Barton will be back soon, a CM isn't the main priority.

Barton was dogshit and hardly contributed before he even got injured anyway, I dont even see him as the answer to our problems. Just a fitter, non-goal scoring less defensive version of Nolan and Smith combined, he can be creative and could quite easily be this leagues best midfielder by a mile if he wanted to tho.

Barton was dogshit and hardly contributed before he even got injured anyway, I dont even see him as the answer to our problems. Just a fitter, non-goal scoring less defensive version of Nolan and Smith combined, he can be creative and could quite easily be this leagues best midfielder by a mile if he wanted to tho.

that sentence hurt my head.

So what you appear to be saying is that Barton isn't like Nolan or Smith

In any way, shape or form

that sentence hurt my head.

Tough, let me make it simpler for you, I cant see him becoming a major improvement from Nolan and Smith, but certainly will add something new to midfield, his form before he got injured suggested nothing special.

So he's not good but he is good, I see what you mean.