This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Guest palnese

Can he be worse than Lovenkrands has been this season. I very much doubt it

Best was as bad for us in the Championship as Lovenkrands has been in the Premier League, so it's possible.

Best got an assist.

Unreal

Lovenkrands is an effective player when he isn't being marked, his team is dominating and they're creating an awful lot of chances for him in the 6-yard box.

None of those luxuries are afforded at this level. Best will fight for the ball, bully defenders, pass it occasionally and also has a bit of time to improve. He deserves his chance.

Lovenkrands is an effective player when he isn't being marked, his team is dominating and they're creating an awful lot of chances for him in the 6-yard box.

None of those luxuries are afforded at this level. Best will fight for the ball, bully defenders, pass it occasionally and also has a bit of time to improve. He deserves his chance.

Don't recall him bullying anyone last year.

Don't recall him bullying anyone last year.

I've seen him do a few times, he's a strong lad and quick off the mark.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We either need a good runner or a good chance taker (or ideally someone who is both) off Carroll & I can't see Best being either.

Yes, but Best has Ronaldo's blessing. What more does he need?

I remember Best being in on goal twice and he had the perfect ball played to him in that position and he didn't even make contact with the ball.  The player behind him put the ball in the net on both occasions, just like any of us would have done in Best’s position. 

We either need a good runner or a good chance taker (or ideally someone who is both) off Carroll & I can't see Best being either.

Neither can I, or anyone else. Doesn't mean he isn't a better option that the rubbish getting a game now.

Neither can I, or anyone else. Doesn't mean he isn't a better option that the rubbish getting a game now.

I've seen nothing at all from him to suggest that he is. :thup:

I remember Best being in on goal twice and he had the perfect ball played to him in that position and he didn't even make contact with the ball.  The player behind him put the ball in the net on both occasions, just like any of us would have done in Bests position. 

If you're talking about Raylor's goals against Coventry and Preston, you need to rewatch or purchase a new pair of specs.

Not that i'm saying he's a good finisher, because i've seen no real evidence of that.

I'd like to see Best given a go, even off the bench. He was a whipping boy last year but I saw enough in him to suggest he'll be no worse than the out of form version of Shola that's performing at the moment.

Guest Heneage

If that shot against Plymouth was an inch lower he'd have scored a fantastic first goal. Why write a player off who's still on the wage bill?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If that shot against Plymouth was an inch lower he'd have scored a fantastic first goal. Why write a player off who's still on the wage bill?

Personally just not pinning my hopes on the guy, only to be enraged two weeks later if he misses game winning sitters.