This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Guest Heneage

Much like Xisco needs time and games. We cant judge him so early into his Premiership career because he's been good and bad in equal measure.

Much like Xisco needs time and games. We cant judge him so early into his Premiership career because he's been good and bad in equal measure.

No chance of Xisco getting a shot now for whatever reason, he is at least 5th possibly 6 choice.

Edit: 6th possibly 7th choice.

Apart from the clever backheel to Barton, was almost anonymous. I'll give him 2-3 more games and if he continues playing like this, then I will conclude that the West Ham game was a fluke. Shola's hold up play was two three times better today

I really don't think Best is a 'hold up play' striker, hence why Sholas was better.

There was a particular incident in the West Ham game that highlighted this, where Simpson went to play the ball into Best's feet and he instead tried a run past the defender. He's more Lovenkrands than he is Shola.

Guest Heneage

No chance of Xisco getting a shot now for whatever reason, he is at least 5th possibly 6 choice.

Edit: 6th possibly 7th choice.

True, but it's what he needs imo, fact he's not even involved is pathetic.

I think he did alright today btw.

Nothing particularly exciting and was lost from time to time, but he threw himself around and was unlucky not to bury his chance (Just wish he'd taken an extra touch and used the space Bramble left him)

Guest Stephen927

He bought himself a stay of execution until the summer when he scored that hat trick against one of the worst defences St James' Park has seen in recent times.

If he scores more than 5 from now until the end of the season then I think he'll have earned his place here as a decent back-up striker. He's a trier so I'll always have a bit of patience with him, but if the lad doesn't know, at the age of 24, when to carry the ball a bit further and when to shoot early, it's a bit of a worry. He's played almost 200 league games in total so he isn't a rough diamond anymore.

Nothing particularly exciting and was lost from time to time, but he threw himself around and was unlucky not to bury his chance (Just wish he'd taken an extra touch and used the space Bramble left him)

Thought he had a poor first half but was much better and had a decent second half.

It was a steady away 6/10 from Best. He worked hard and was unlucky with his shot that he just put the wrong side of the post.

Put in a decent shift yesterday to be fair to him, still don't see anything to suggest he's got anything significant to offer us at this level though.

Problem with him is that he doesn't have anything in his game that really worries teams, no standout quality that has to be accounted for. Better than some of the other options we have at the moment though, for sure.

Aye, he'd done the hard work. A more confident striker would have advanced further towards goal in a situation like that and maximised the chances of scoring. I noticed a few times that his head was down after losing the ball or failing to get on the end of passes down the channels. That might be just his style I guess, but he didn't look like a guy who'd scored a hat-trick in the previous league game. Still think he's on his way out this month if we get a decent offer.

I was happy enough with his shift though. :thup: