This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

I think Bests career at Newcastle (and perhaps as a top class striker) changed with that first goal.  From where we were sitting he seemed to have so much time to pick his spot and, more importantly think about what he was doing.  I genuinely believe that if he'd hit the keeper or put it wide then that would have been the end of Leon Best in a Newcastle shirt.  As it stands now you can see the confidence back in him and he looked a half decent player.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Don't think I've ever felt as relieved for someone to have scored their first goal for us as Leon Best today.  :lol: I think EVERYONE was urging him to score, probably because they had money on it.

Don't think I've ever felt as relieved for someone to have scored their first goal for us as Leon Best today.  :lol: I think EVERYONE was urging him to score, probably because they had money on it.

Ive heard from a few people who had best to score first and us to win 2-0 for 45-1.

Like a new signing! Well done Leon, always had a feeling you had more to offer.....still didn't think it would be THIS much though. You properly shut the doubters up tonight (me included) and deserve another chance at this club. Pardew has an interesting decision ahead of the Sunderland match.

Will just have to sell Xisco now.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ive heard from a few people who had best to score first and us to win 2-0 for 45-1.

Man, I was so tempted to put a fiver on him scoring first, as my first ever bet.  :lol:

Honestly I think this will just be a one-off thing and in ten years or so it'll end up being a trivia question. "Which Ireland international scored a hat-trick in his first and only Premier League start?" Or something like that.

Still a legend though O0

If Ameobi and Carroll are back for it, do we go for the England international paired with the striker with 10 years of scoring against mackems, or the guy that just got a hat trick in the last league game? :undecided:

If Ameobi and Carroll are back for it, do we go for the England international paired with the striker with 10 years of scoring against mackems, or the guy that just got a hat trick in the last league game? :undecided:

Shola > Anyone else in a derby.

Like a new signing! Well done Leon, always had a feeling you had more to offer.....still didn't think it would be THIS much though. You properly shut the doubters up tonight (me included) and deserve another chance at this club. Pardew has an interesting decision ahead of the Sunderland match.

Will just have to sell Xisco now.

He's he new Raul, don't you know.