John Terry loses England captaincy, Ferdinand gets it

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No.

I still have this schoolboy-like image that the England Captain should be someone who you would want with you in the trenches.

John Terry. No fucking chance.

(although I appreciate that that "type" of England player probably no longer exsists... Rooney maybe?)

I wanted Rio Ferdinand to get it originally but Terry seems to have been a very good choice by Capello given results and overall performances on the pitch.

No point in changing things, Gerrard's another arsehole, Rio's not nailed on to be 100% fit, Lampard would be my vice-captain but he's a little too passive (and nice tbh) at times to be considered a leader, Beckham - don't even get me started.

Stays with Terry imo. But a gesture from him to smooth things over somewhat might be something to consider.

I don't think there is need for a 'statement'.

Would purely be on footballing grounds (ie as long as he has the respect of the squad he should remain as captain).  Aside from him being a complete cunt, he's a bloody good leader most of the time.

Beckham is a god

Also our most experienced player and not a cunt (at the moment). Would be a fine choice as captain, and that way he'd be more likely to start.

I don't mind him tbh, but if we're talking about fucking one guy off for adultery and giving it to another who has also committed adultery where is the statement? Who's next, Ashley Cole? :lol:

What about Rooney?  Giving him the captaincy going into the World Cup Finals could be a stroke of genius.

Fire him right up.  Also might mature him a bit, there's still temperment issues he needs to get rid off, giving him this responsibility could change that.

Guest Stephen927

When you decide who should be captain, it should be a player who is a mainstay in the team, who is irreplaceable as well as being a good pro and having leadership qualities. There isn't a better English defender than John Terry, so bar injury he will always be in there.

The situation at the moment makes it difficult. I think Capello will delay making a decision until the last moment, hoping that relationships between the two players can be repaired.

You have to ask, if you drop Terry, who comes in for him? You drop Wayne Bridge, Warnock, Baines or Shorey can step in and be back-up to Ashley Cole.

Beckham is a god

Also our most experienced player and not a c*** (at the moment).  Would be a fine choice as captain, and that way he'd be more likely to start.

What is with you and english players 5 years past their sell by date?

He's not a leader in the slightest for one and isn't good enough to be in the squad for two.

A 35 year old LA Galaxy player who wears make-up leading out Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney. :lol:

Beckham is a god

Also our most experienced player and not a cunt (at the moment).  Would be a fine choice as captain, and that way he'd be more likely to start.

I don't mind him tbh, but if we're talking about fucking one guy off for adultery and giving it to another who has also committed adultery where is the statement? Who's next, Ashley Cole? :lol:

It wasn't a team mate's wife though.

I voted no, but I never wanted him to be captain in the first place. Think him and Lampard are the weakest players in the team and have held us back over the years.