John Terry loses England captaincy, Ferdinand gets it

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well done the press, nicely interfering in Englands WC campaign before it even gets underway. Hopefully they can piss off Fabio before then and a May injury to Rooney and were on for the usual tripe in the summer, at least they can pick the carcass clean for several months after wondering what went wrong.

Fuking vultures.

Think it's the right decision. Leaving him as captain would have been soft. Capello's MO has been discipline from the outset and it's worked a treat. Everyone knows he is no nonsense. It's got the best out of the team.

This move further emphasizes that. Absolutely no one is untouchable or above Capello's demands. I think it will serve to keep all the players even more on their toes and will therefore have a positive effect if anything.

It's an embarrassment and disgrace for John Terry, and if he is still in the squad then I imagine he will seek to redeem himself by playing his absolute best. Should have a positive effect on him too.

Good, strong move by Capello. Excellent leadership.

This isn't about taking a morale high ground though, the issue's more about how it would affect his role as a leader regarding trust from other players.

Wonder if Terry might decide not to play under Capello again...

Next captain has to be Rio. I was surprised Terry was made captain ahead of him in the first place.

I like the idea of Rooney too, but that will come in time.

Is Rio a guaranteed starter these days though?

This isn't about taking a morale high ground though, the issue's more about how it would affect his role as a leader regarding trust from other players.

Wonder if Terry might decide not to play under Capello again...

Don't think the decision is completely based on morality either. I think if anything it takes the pressure of Terry.

Next captain has to be Rio. I was surprised Terry was made captain ahead of him in the first place.

I like the idea of Rooney too, but that will come in time.

Is Rio a guaranteed starter these days though?

If he's fit he has to be surely. Still a great defender, despite the odd blip lately, and just so experienced and accustomed to big games and high pressure situations. Also a very vocal leader on the pitch, and you need as many of those as you can get in big tournaments.

Well done the press, nicely interfering in Englands WC campaign before it even gets underway. Hopefully they can piss off Fabio before then and a May injury to Rooney and were on for the usual tripe in the summer, at least they can pick the carcass clean for several months after wondering what went wrong.

Fuking vultures.

Think it's the right decision. Leaving him as captain would have been soft. Capello's MO has been discipline from the outset and it's worked a treat. Everyone knows he is no nonsense. It's got the best out of the team.

This move further emphasizes that. Absolutely no one is untouchable or above Capello's demands. I think it will serve to keep all the players even more on their toes and will therefore have a positive effect if anything.

It's an embarrassment and disgrace for John Terry, and if he is still in the squad then I imagine he will seek to redeem himself by playing his absolute best. Should have a positive effect on him too.

Right or wrong (the decision) the media have had their witch hunt and effected the WC preparation, which in itself is disgraceful.

This wasn't about moral righteousness or the morale in the England camp, it was about selling papers and making money from a situation which isn't even newsworthy. Fuking hell, footballers sleep around shocker, dear me. It's not news, but they realise how much effect they can have on JT and England and decide to take it upon themselves to force the decision to strip him.

If this hadn't have got out he would still be captain, no one gives a fuk about Bridge, and the divide? Any descent would have been swiftly dealt with and the players reminded of their duty to play for England and not for their team mates.

The media have forced this, new captain in WC year, not the best prep. Well done media, enjoy the failing of the England NT once again the downfall started by yourselves.

i wouldn't give it to rooney as i wouldnt want to burden him with any extra pressure. just let him get on with his own game.

Gerrard comes across as a proper dickhead and didn't do himself any favours with the bar brawl, even if he was let off in the end. he is a good captain for liverpool, though.

Rio seems more of a decent bloke than terry or gerrard, but can be a bit daft, ie his red card appeal recently, and is also out of form so far this season. On the plus side centre-half is a good position for a captain.

Lampard seems to have all the ingredients - in form, cool head, respected, mature, though he, like Rooney, comes across as a bit too quiet.

Fuking vultures.

Right or wrong (the decision) the media have had their witch hunt and effected the WC preparation, which in itself is disgraceful.

This wasn't about moral righteousness or the morale in the England camp, it was about selling papers and making money from a situation which isn't even newsworthy. Fuking hell, footballers sleep around shocker, dear me. It's not news, but they realise how much effect they can have on JT and England and decide to take it upon themselves to force the decision to strip him.

If this hadn't have got out he would still be captain, no one gives a fuk about Bridge, and the divide? Any descent would have been swiftly dealt with and the players reminded of their duty to play for England and not for their team mates.

The media have forced this, new captain in WC year, not the best prep. Well done media, enjoy the failing of the England NT once again the downfall started by yourselves.

Totally agree with this. It's typical of the media to blow something out of proportion like this and could potentially do some damage to out WC chances. Hopefully though it'll have a reverse effect and spur the team on.

Fuking vultures.

Totally agree with this. It's typical of the media to blow something out of proportion like this and could potentially do some damage to out WC chances. Hopefully though it'll have a reverse effect and spur the team on.

I can't wait to see which paper in the summer after we go out attack Fabio for being 'spineless' and or a 'coward' for bowing to 'public' pressure to sack our captain months before the WC.

It will happen btw.

So we strip the captain for the following options:

The one who failed the drugs test.

The one who boxed a DJ for not playing Phil Collins

The one who shagged old prostitutes

The one who cheated on his wife (same crime as the out going captain) with a pig wanker

And am sure something is up with Lampard, though i paid little attention to his private life as he's a boring fuker.