John Terry loses England captaincy, Ferdinand gets it

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lennon, Walcott and SWP are interchangeable. They all seem to be able to have about one decent game in 3. So we just have to hope to get lucky and pick the right one for each game.

Walcott's a player who stretches teams and makes a lot of space for others, he has to go.

He is basically Guttierez (and yes Guttierez is in the Argentina squad but Maradona is mental)

Has Jonas ever scored a hattrick against a nation that went to the previous major championship instead?

That was a one off game that everyone jizzed over. Lennon and Wright-Phillips bring almost the same amount of pace as Walcott and have greater quality in the final third.

thats cos they play him as a winger in a 4-4-2. drop the wingers and play an attacking 3 behind rooney. gerrard,walcott and possibly joe cole if he gets back to what he was. we haven't anyone to play left in a -4-4-2 anyway.

Lennon?  Wright-Phillips?  Quality?

I think that's somewhat rare and infrequent.  Now Beckham on the other hand...

I can finish that one for you.

................... has never performed at a major tournament.

He's performed as well as every other English player.  Only really faltered in 2004.

Scored in a few world cups too..

I'd take Lennon of today ahead of the Beckham of 2006, which gives you some idea of how I feel about that comparison now.

1 goal, 3 assists and still played poorly eh. 

Can't help but wonder if the rest of the squad did that much in 06?

I'd take Lennon of today ahead of the Beckham of 2006, which gives you some idea of how I feel about that comparison now.

1 goal, 3 assists and still played poorly eh. 

Can't help but wonder if the rest of the squad did that much in 06?

yes he did play poorly. he also got the ball more than anyone else due to who he is and the ammount of possession he wasted was shocking.

Guest toonlass

Maybe part of the problem is that they don't have to answer to anyone. It's not the first time Terry has been caught with another woman is it? His missus obviously likes the life she has, and so in a way does she tollerate it so that she is still part of that life? Cheryl Cole did the same thing when Ashley was caught out, Victoria Beckham when David was accused of sleeing with Rebecca Loos. So what does Terry have to lose? His wife? Does he really care, if he is prepared to sleep with his best mates' ex, or some lass who throws herself at him? His kids? Nah, he will still get to play doting daddy, if his missus comes back, and part time daddy if she doesn't. His money? No chance. His captaincy, obviously not at Chelsea. His actions have no consequences, unlike in the real world, where (as I know) you make one mistake and you are given shit about it for ages. The fact that some people on here are saying "so what?" shows that his actions mean very little to a lot of people.

Maybe part of the problem is that they don't have to answer to anyone. It's not the first time Terry has been caught with another woman is it? His missus obviously likes the life she has, and so in a way does she tollerate it so that she is still part of that life? Cheryl Cole did the same thing when Ashley was caught out, Victoria Beckham when David was accused of sleeing with Rebecca Loos. So what does Terry have to lose? His wife? Does he really care, if he is prepared to sleep with his best mates' ex, or some lass who throws herself at him? His kids? Nah, he will still get to play doting daddy, if his missus comes back, and part time daddy if she doesn't. His money? No chance. His captaincy, obviously not at Chelsea. His actions have no consequences, unlike in the real world, where (as I know) you make one mistake and you are given s*** about it for ages. The fact that some people on here are saying "so what?" shows that his actions mean very little to a lot of people.

:clap:

Lampard is a nice guy and after Rooney our best player, but a little too passive as a person I think.

lampard is like ian wright and beardsley.....just cant be for the national team what he is for his club.

Lampard is a nice guy and after Rooney our best player, but a little too passive as a person I think.

lampard is like ian wright and beardsley.....just cant be for the national team what he is for his club.

He has been recently. 5 goals in his last 6 games for England or something like that.

Was brilliant in Euro 2004, and was easily out best player in qualification for WC 06.

Lampard was only genuinely poor under McClaren.

A resounding yes.

This is why England always fucks up major trophies.  The press.  Too much pressure placed on someone over something stupid like this that comes out before a World Cup/Euro campaign. 

Yes it was wrong, and yes it should be resolved.  But not in the fucking Sun, or by Fabio Capello or the FA.

Just play football.  He was Captain for a reason, who he sleeps with shouldn't impact that.