For All You Get Out Of Our Club Haters...

TheGuv

All these chants sour games for me. Just enjoy the game and cheer the lads on ffs.

:thup:

Did you see the FCB celebrating after yesterdays game on The Football League show? He aint going nowhere :sadnod:

Was he ecstatic like?

smiling his big fat face off and shaking hands in an almost 'high five' style

Worra bastard! :lol:

:lol:

Guest toonlass

It's boring now like. When you see the shite that teams like Portsmouth, Crystal Palace, Cardiff etc are in we can hardly compain.

Guest icemanblue

It's boring now like. When you see the shite that teams like Portsmouth, Crystal Palace, Cardiff etc are in we can hardly compain.

:lol: WE GOT RELEGATED!!

Why are people forgetting this? Fickle Newcastle fans is certainly looking like a valid stereotype!

Why are people forgetting this? Fickle Newcastle fans is certainly looking like a valid stereotype!

Relegation vs Financial Meltdown  :cheesy:

Guest toonlass

So did Boro. Look where we are and look where they are!

Guest icemanblue

'ERROR - There is no laughing smiley available that matches your level of amusement. Please try again later.'

Relegation vs Financial Meltdown  :cheesy:

Only one of those actually happened, however much you may like to speculate.

Guest toonlass

'ERROR - There is no laughing smiley available that matches your level of amusement. Please try again later.'

So tell me funny guy, what would you rather, we were relegated and came back up, or being in the position of Portsmouth or Cardiff?

So tell me funny guy, what would you rather, we were relegated and came back up, or being in the position of Portsmouth or Cardiff?

Relegation isnt the end, bankrupt is.

And i've enjoyed this season way more than last season in the premiership.

It's boring now like. When you see the s**** that teams like Portsmouth, Crystal Palace, Cardiff etc are in we can hardly compain.

We certainly did !

And in the absence of a better plan, having a bunch of charvers singing the same old catchy ditty week after week is probably the best way to remedy that.

I have no idea where this thread has been or is headed, since I've not really read it but if it's about Ashley then:

I've been suspicous about him longer than most on here but at the same time always been prepared to give him the opportunity to prove us wrong. I'm still prepared to do that, he's fucked up countless times now, and to many probably doesn't deserve anymore second chances so I can understand others that will never forgive him.

Above everything else what we can not afford is another off season of instability, whatever division we are playing in there will be a lot of work needed to the playing staff and hopefully management. What we can not afford is distractions in the ownership situation. If he does sell, I hope it's done out of the public eye and quickly, if he decides to hang around, I'm ok with that as long as he commits to improving our fortunes and bring us back to where we were, a few years ago.

Guest icemanblue

What the fuck kind of argument is that?

I have no idea where this thread has been or is headed, since I've not really read it but if it's about Ashley then:

I've been suspicous about him longer than most on here but at the same time always been prepared to give him the opportunity to prove us wrong. I'm still prepared to do that, he's f***ed up countless times now, and to many probably doesn't deserve anymore second chances so I can understand others that will never forgive him.

Above everything else what we can not afford is another off season of instability, whatever division we are playing in there will be a lot of work needed to the playing staff and hopefully management. What we can not afford is distractions in the ownership situation. If he does sell, I hope it's done out of the public eye and quickly, if he decides to hang around, I'm ok with that as long as he commits to improving our fortunes and bring us back to where we were, a few years ago.

I think any sane Newcastle fan would echo those sentiments.

What has Ashley's profile been like of late?

Genuine question, I've not been on here so much this season

To my untrained (and uninformed) eye it looks like he's realised the best thing he can do (if only for purely selfish reasons to protect his investment) is stick just as much money as he needs to in to get you back promoted, and keep shtum in the meantime so as not to create any unwelcome attention when he comes to sell you as a PL club.

What has Ashley's profile been like of late?

Genuine question, I've not been on here so much this season

To my untrained (and uninformed) eye it looks like he's realised the best thing he can do (if only for purely selfish reasons to protect his investment) is stick just as much money as he needs to in to get you back promoted, and keep shtum in the meantime so as not to create any unwelcome attention when he comes to sell you as a PL club.

Well he's still a figure of hate for the majority of NUFC fans, however there has been a softening of the fan base stance on him, partly because of the results this season, but most significantly because of the January transfer window.

The concensus is that the Jan window was a good one for the club, they bought the right players for the right positions, they were the right age and got them at the right price.

I think there is a definate sign that the club is healing itself, whether that's through damn good luck or good planning is debatable. But the crowds have held up, even at the lower level, the wages are under control, a lot of deadwood has gobne, more will be pruned in the summer. If we go up, we've got a big rebuilding job still on our hands but we are coming at it from a good base. Conversely though if we don't go up the club will be in huge danger of spiralling irreversibly downward.

Ashley popularity has improved, he's still not however accepted as anyone remotely worthy of controlling the club, by the bulk of the supporters however if he can get us back up first and then on to challenging for Europe again, toon fans are as fickle as any other supporters and they'll be happy to go along for the ride.

The question really is, is he up for the challenge, if he's not then the club will be sold at the first opportunity next season.

Guest icemanblue

Not much of one, it would seem.

Guest toonlass

Who the fuck cares Iceman? I would rather be in our position than theirs and I don't see the point in chanting "Get out of our club". If you disagree. so what? Come back when you have been through puberty.

Guest icemanblue

Who the fuck cares Iceman? I would rather be in our position than theirs and I don't see the point in chanting "Get out of our club". If you disagree. so what? Come back when you have been through puberty.

Awesome. I'm 26, when should that happen?

Guest toonlass

Awesome. I'm 26, when should that happen?

Christ knows. Hope for your sake it's soon.

My opinion on Ashley is based on the fact that we're stuck with him and he's stuck with the club. Chanting get out of our club is pointless as who is the alternative owner? A South African consortium? Until the World economy improves dramatically we're unlikely to get a better or richer owner. I'm not against the club living within its means either.

I've been suspicous about him longer than most on here but at the same time always been prepared to give him the opportunity to prove us wrong. I'm still prepared to do that, he's f***ed up countless times now, and to many probably doesn't deserve anymore second chances so I can understand others that will never forgive him.

I think any sane Newcastle fan would echo those sentiments.

:clap:

It seems our only two options are accepting Ashley is here to stay, ignore him

and live in a bit of harmony, or keep directing hatred at him, singing 'get out of our club' and continue to unsettle things. I know which one I'd rather have.

He may be a prick, but he's a prick that we're stuck with. So let's get over it!

Guest firetotheworks

I think fans have every right to sing get out of our club. My problem is more with the repetition and the message, rather than the reason behind it.