Derby County 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 09/02/10 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

was out playing 5 a side when the match was on. shocked and appalled at the result, I heard he didn't bring a sub on till we were 3 down, fucking terrible if true. move on to saturday and do the double over the other welsh lot please

Just a one off unlucky game. They hit us on the break, then got the pen and have done us when we're pushing fowards. Didnt sound like that bad a performance.

Prob worth starting loven next game and carry on where we left off v Cardiff.

How do you know all that?

He doesn't because it is nonsense, we were f***ing crap tonight and weren't interested, they were up for it and were by far the better side. I've never seen so many of our players bottle tackles as I did tonight.

Savage gave half our team a good kick in the first 10 minutes and after that we were s*** scared of them ffs.

They did well to be the better side with 40% of possession for a good near 60 minutes before the pen

Guest Brazilianbob

Well Swansea felt they were hard done by when we beat them up here and they were relishing getting us down there as they felt they had the beating of us.  I think we can say goodbye to the points from Swansea as they will without a shadow of doubt outfight us and claim a win.

Our transfer window buys have effectively converted the team starting last night into an average championship side as the players with the real desire to get us back up were missing, ie both Taylors,  Colo, Enrique, Smith, Butt (yes I know but he is useful to have in when smith is out) and Ameobi.

Unfortunately most of the key players are missing through injury and most probably won't be back until after the end of february during which we have about 7 games from which to drop more points .  I fear that by the time they are back it will be too late for automatic promotion.

Guest icemanblue

Fucking hell. I'm glad I logged off after the match last night. I wonder how many of you contemplated suicide through the night?

Well Swansea felt they were hard done by when we beat them up here and they were relishing getting us down there as they felt they had the beating of us.  I think we can say goodbye to the points from Swansea as they will without a shadow of doubt outfight us and claim a win.

Our transfer window buys have effectively converted the team starting last night into an average championship side as the players with the real desire to get us back up were missing, ie both Taylors,  Colo, Enrique, Smith, Butt (yes I know but he is useful to have in when smith is out) and Ameobi.

Unfortunately most of the key players are missing through injury and most probably won't be back until after the end of february during which we have about 7 games from which to drop more points .  I fear that by the time they are back it will be too late for automatic promotion

I completely agree on this score i think people have went OTT with the signings just because any signings are better than none...we have plucked obscure mid to lower table championship players and asked them to play in a team top of the league...its like chelsea or man united buying players from burnley or hull and saying there you go go win us the league..It just doesnt work like that and we will be found out big time over the course of the next 10 games....Unless we can get our team back to the strongest one i.e smith,ameobi,enrique,taylor,coloccini and drop these newly accuired championship plodders i can see it being the lottery of the playoffs

Routledge was tackled, but stumbled and recovered... then the linesman flagged and the ref blew just as Routledge crossed in a ball that Carroll beat his man for and headed away. Complete joke as it was obvious that advantage should have been played. That was in the 2nd minute or so of the 2nd half and would have completely changed the game.

Fitz Hall, as Greg said, totally skinned one of their players. Hope he keeps it up, looked alright.

Oh and to the Southerner sat behind me and shouting to van Aarnholt to 'go back to Chelsea'... you're a cunt.

Just a one off unlucky game. They hit us on the break, then got the pen and have done us when we're pushing fowards. Didnt sound like that bad a performance.

Prob worth starting loven next game and carry on where we left off v Cardiff.

How do you know all that?

He doesn't because it is nonsense, we were f***ing crap tonight and weren't interested, they were up for it and were by far the better side. I've never seen so many of our players bottle tackles as I did tonight.

Savage gave half our team a good kick in the first 10 minutes and after that we were s*** scared of them ffs.

They did well to be the better side with 40% of possession for a good near 60 minutes before the pen

Were you at the game?

The worst thing about the match last night was how we were outbattled all over the park and especially in centre midfield where they had so much room. As much as people dont rate Butt and Smith we definitely need one of them there otherwise struggle to even attempt a tackle.

I've seen people with bipolar disorder who are more consistant than some on this board :lol:

When we win, we praise. When we lose, we criticise.

It's reall not a difficult concept to grasp you know. 

Guest Stephen927

The run had to come to an end sometime. It was only last summer there was talk of us only just surviving in this league, possibly fighting relegation, I don't think many would have predicted the unbeaten run and us sitting top for so long. I know I didn't.

We've had two results in less than a week that are almost opposite. 5-1 against promotion rivals, then 3-0 loss to a team just above the relegation zone.

Guest johnson293

The run had to come to an end sometime. It was only last summer there was talk of us only just surviving in this league, possibly fighting relegation, I don't think many would have predicted the unbeaten run and us sitting top for so long. I know I didn't.

We've had two results in less than a week that are almost opposite. 5-1 against promotion rivals, then 3-0 loss to a team just above the relegation zone.

Thats it - I certainly didn't expect us to have the season we are having, but I hope the team responds to this result in the right way on saturday, if they are hurting as much as Hughton says.

While winning the league would be nice, I'd be very happt to finish 2nd - I just hope we dont end up being dragged into the play-offs, as I fear we wouldn't handle it well.

And with Boro on the up (slightly), I'd hate to have a repeat of 1989-90, having to play local (ish) rivals in them.

Swansea wont be easy, but at least we have two very winnable home matches to follow, then the Reading game in hand.

I've seen people with bipolar disorder who are more consistant than some on this board :lol:

When we win, we praise. When we lose, we criticise.

It's reall not a difficult concept to grasp you know. 

It's a bit more extreme than that in fairness.

Lets face it the run had to end - no one expected it to last forever.

I predict a white knuckle ride between now and May. Hold on tight.

I'd like to know whats happened to this "mental strength" the manager and players keep refering to.

The form of late is NOT promotion-level.

A draw is only slightly better than defeat. And theres been 5 of them lately.

They need to show some of this "mental strength" rather than TALK about it.

Guest jeffers09

One size's skill  :coolsmiley:  will probably never be seen again unfortunatley

What the fuck was Nolan doing in the box seemed to take about an hour to take his shot

Savage at the end when he kept turning his head back  ;D