Agent claims Given reneged on City commission

Thespence

waaah waaah he left at a bad time waaah waaah

He stayed too long considering his quality and the absolute dross he had to play behind. We were going downhill with absolutely no ambition shown from the boardroom. He's hitting 30 (or has) and it was now or never.

Man up you bunch of crybabys, he didn't owe us a damn thing.

Guest firetotheworks

He stayed too long considering his quality and the absolute dross he had to play behind. We were going downhill with absolutely no ambition shown from the boardroom. He's hitting 30 (or has) and it was now or never.

1. Tosh! He'd have left 4 months later and still have been a hot prospect for Man City or any other team looking to take that next step up.

2. If that be the case then we don't owe him anything either, which is exactly the point being made.

1. Tosh! He'd have left 4 months later and still have been a hot prospect for Man City or any other team looking to take that next step up.

2. If that be the case then we don't owe him anything either, which is exactly the point being made.

1. It's hard to say that. A relegated teams keeper is never going to look great. Man City were probably the most exciting prospect at that time and any lower table footballer would snap their hands off to play in their first team every week.

2. Do you mean we don't owe him success? I never understood that point. We should be aiming for success and I'm sure he was told many, many times that the club was making 'huge strides to becoming regular european challengers' and then signing nicky butt, geremi and all the crap that plagued our team.

Guest firetotheworks

1. It's hard to say that. A relegated teams keeper is never going to look great. Man City were probably the most exciting prospect at that time and any lower table footballer would snap their hands off to play in their first team every week.

2. Do you mean we don't owe him success? I never understood that point. We should be aiming for success and I'm sure he was told many, many times that the club was making 'huge strides to becoming regular european challengers' and then signing nicky butt, geremi and all the crap that plagued our team.

1. Quite the contrary imo, everyone in the PL knew Given's quality and would have known he'd either want out, or would be sold at a reduced price. Look at what happened at West Ham and Leeds for example

2. I mean that we don't owe him adulation, full respect, or for some even the time of day.

1. Quite the contrary imo, everyone in the PL knew Given's quality and would have known he'd either want out, or would be sold at a reduced price. Look at what happened at West Ham and Leeds for example

2. I mean that we don't owe him adulation, full respect, or for some even the time of day.

1. Fair point. Although it depends on whether he thought he should go to arguably the best club in the league that didn't already have a quality keeper before they got someone else. If he waited he could have ended up at a Wigan or a Bolton.

2. Again fair enough. I'm a great fan of his and how he was consistently brilliant between the sticks for us through a lot of good times. Whatever anyone here says I'm sure it was a hard decision for him to make after all his service but it was the right decision imo. At that point I watched him play for us with sadness as he tried to keep us in the games while the rest of the team were absolutely shocking. I can uderstand peoples frustration towards him but it needs to be viewed from both sides.

Capiche??????????????????

Yeah, I f***ing Capiche alright.

Hope you capiche too.

What is capiche, by the way..................Fabio's missus?

:lol:

It's Italian for 'understand?' or 'do you know what I mean?'

Hell, mate, I know what mit means. Cant you detect the irony in my reply?

....no. But no bother, I'm not the best at picking up things on here.

Not a problem. I am just happy I learned how to quote now. Hope Dave is prous of me. All I need now is how to do an avatar.........LLOL

:celb:

O0

the contract is worth more than £17m, with a weekly wage of £75,000 over four-and-a-half years

The obscene amount of money players earn today is the problem in all of this.  We can all say slag Given off and talk about loyalty etc, but when you are talking about sums of money to this amount I think there will always be one outcome.

Given is a f***ing snake. He speaks with a fork tongue.

The bloke was engineering a move to City for months and STILL didn't hand a ransfer request in til the end of January. f*** him.

I am always amused when the media pinpoint the Liverpool game as being when Given decided to leave as he knew long before that he was off to City in January.

Guest neesy111

given had more bad times than good?

2 fa cup finals, 1 semi final, 1 uefa semi final

2 champions league campaigns

2 title challenges

not bad, i'm sure their are alot of players who would snap their hand off for that

2 title challenges

not bad, i'm sure their are alot of players who would snap their hand off for that

The league campaigns when we reached the 2 FA Cup finals (in which we were sadly embarassed both times) were wretched. The one under Dalglish was nigh on a relegation battle. The less said of Gullits time the better.

Only the Bobby years were good enough to look back on with some satisfaction. After that he had the managerial merry go round of Souness, Roeder etc etc etc. We may have a couple of UEFA cup runs but on the whole, the general feel around the club wasnt great.

End of it all, won zero.

Guest neesy111

2 title challenges

The league campaigns when we reached the 2 FA Cup finals (in which we were sadly embarassed both times) were wretched. The one under Dalglish was nigh on a relegation battle. The less said of Gullits time the better.

Only the Bobby years were good enough to look back on with some satisfaction. After that he had the managerial merry go round of Souness, Roeder etc etc etc. We may have a couple of UEFA cup runs but on the whole, the general feel around the club wasnt great.

End of it all, won zero.

90% of footballers have won fuck all

so Newcastle fans should remain loyal to Given and remember his 10 years service but it's ok for Given to forget it all and fuck off as soon as a better offer is made, simply because it's the way football is nowadays?

Where is it known that this is the one and only better offer that he has had in the last 10 years ?

Guest firetotheworks

so Newcastle fans should remain loyal to Given and remember his 10 years service but it's ok for Given to forget it all and f*** off as soon as a better offer is made, simply because it's the way football is nowadays?

Where is it known that this is the one and only better offer that he has had in the last 10 years ?

It's skirting the issue. Nothing will change the fact that he DID leave at our lowest point, and when we most needed him. For that fact, it will never change peoples opinions on it.

It's skirting the issue. Nothing will change the fact that he DID leave at our lowest point, and when we most needed him. For that fact, it will never change peoples opinions on it.

What position were we in the league when he left us? - Genuine question.

Guest firetotheworks

What position were we in the league when he left us? - Genuine question.

15th

so Newcastle fans should remain loyal to Given and remember his 10 years service but it's ok for Given to forget it all and fuck off as soon as a better offer is made, simply because it's the way football is nowadays?

:facepalm: