Football podcasts

Gash

2 hours ago, Disco said:

From what I can gather it's been pied by The Athletic but it'll return elsewhere eventually.

Christ, it’s like the only Athletic content I really enjoyed…

They were talking about Football vocabulary on JLA this week.

They got it absolutely spot on imo. If you say things like 'know ball' (or imo also if you refer to a transfer as a 'pickup', or say things like 'nostalgia merchant') then rightly or wrongly I automatically have no interest in anything you have to say about football :lol:

6 hours ago, Nucasol said:

“Class”. You did a canny impression of Charlotte there.

The universal “we are fucking class. Man City and Liverpool will fear us. We are mint. Isak will score 40 goals. Who is going. To. Stop. Us?!.” 

Followed by the match reaction pod when we inevitably lose. Full of bedwetting and knee jerk shite :lol: 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

They were talking about Football vocabulary on JLA this week.

They got it absolutely spot on imo. If you say things like 'know ball' (or imo also if you refer to a transfer as a 'pickup', or say things like 'nostalgia merchant') then rightly or wrongly I automatically have no interest in anything you have to say about football :lol:

A lot of new vocabulary middle aged men hate because other middle aged men didn’t popularise it. 

Listening back to the pod on the Tyne live recording during yesterdays draw, alarmingly for journalists they hadn’t done homework at all and didn’t realise we were restricted to three groups after the second pot. Was pretty obvious to anyone who had spent five mins on a simulator. I wonder when they’ll catch on.

8 minutes ago, ramirez said:

Listening back to the pod on the Tyne live recording during yesterdays draw, alarmingly for journalists they hadn’t done homework at all and didn’t realise we were restricted to three groups after the second pot. Was pretty obvious to anyone who had spent five mins on a simulator. I wonder when they’ll catch on.

Chris Waugh could have explained it and George Caulkin would've told him to bore off, cue hysterics. 

Was very much expecting The Rest is Football to be an extension of MOTD, TalkSport and Micah laughing, but I'm pleased to say that I think it's the football podcast I enjoy the most. I thoroughly enjoyed that Q&A and when Lineker doesn't have to worry about presenting and gets into anecdote mode he's excellent 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Was very much expecting The Rest is Football to be an extension of MOTD, TalkSport and Micah laughing, but I'm pleased to say that I think it's the football podcast I enjoy the most. I thoroughly enjoyed that Q&A and when Lineker doesn't have to worry about presenting and gets into anecdote mode he's excellent 

I've enjoyed it so far too, going to watch the Romano one later.

8 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I always felt that Lineker was completely wasted as a presenter - he's much better to listen to than the vast majority of football pundits.  He achieved a lot more in the game than most of them, too.

I know some on here are less keen on Undr the Cosh but would recommend the Mark Halsey episode just out. The ones they've done with referees so far have been excellent and this one is possibly the best one yet (Jeff Winter and Kevin Lynch the other ones worth a go).

He proper hates Mike Riley which I'm sure plenty on here can relate to :lol: