Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Heneage

Loic Remy wants to leave after being harrassed by Nice's fans. Such a good player, but the competition will be stiff. Matuidi, Hoarau and Dia would also strengthen our squad.

I honestly believe Hoarau is just a rich man's Andy Carroll.Matuidi would be fantastic, but he's just not realistic, we'd be better seeing if we can Gelson Fernandes from St Etienne but I'm basing that purely on his form for City as I've not seen him recently.

We clearly need some sort of physicality and athleticism in the middle, so really a Matuidi, Sissoko type would be ideal.

Guest Roger Kint

We clearly need some sort of physicality and athleticism in the middle, so really a Matuidi, Sissoko type would be ideal.

Somebody in our price range in that mould would be perfect

Guest Heneage

Stephen N'zonzi...

Stephen N'zonzi...

Would he move?

BSA pays £500k for him, £6m for Smith :angry:

Guest Heneage

Stephen N'zonzi...

Would he move?

From Blackburn to Newcastle? I think so, chance to play in front of a lot more fans more money better city. Might be wise to get another French lad in to help him settle.

Stephen N'zonzi...

Would he move?

From Blackburn to Newcastle? I think so, chance to play in front of a lot more fans more money better city. Might be wise to get another French lad in to help him settle.

Think he'd wait for a bigger club tbh,one that has chance of europe. From his POV you have to look at it that we are the inferior club and be more likely to struggle next season so therefore no point moving.

TBH I don't think I've seen B'burn play live this season so I shall have to keep my eye out next time they're on.

Villa could be a good move for example.

http://www.quenonino.com.uy/quenonino/tabid/69/idNoticia/18182/Juan-Alb%C3%ADn/Default.aspx

Albin's confirmed we've expressed an interest in him and that he's considering his future.

I'm not that confident of him making it in the Premier League.  I may be wrong though. He reminds me a lot of Luís "El Mago" Jímenez, Chilean winger/SS who floundered at Wham this season.

we were linked with him january last season, not sure how reliable the rumours were though.

will be interesting to see if the albin deal comes off. now that we're basically up, im getting excited about our side for next season.

Apart from the obvious requirements, I would have a cheeky try for Paul Scholes - IF Man U would release him on either a Free or a small fee.

This guy is very fit for a 35 yr old, has masses of experience, and would be great for bringing into the side during games when we needed a late boost ; Scholes has a great scoring record from midfield and is a model pro. He would be invaluable as an example to young players - Clough and Taylor brought in Dave Mackay to give some stability and guidance to their Derby side and it worked a treat...Scholes may do a similar job at NUFC and hasn't had the number of injuries Mackay suffered before he left Spurs.

All decent sides have a good blend of youth and experience and you don't get better than Scholes in the experience department.

Zero chance of this happening for so many reasons.

...And the reasons are ..? None, apart from Scholes not wanting to move here, seem insurmountable to me...

And yes, I'd say that Newcastle's brand is nowadays better overseas than in England. Most people around here don't know about your recent miseries off the pitch for example.

Yep, that's what I mean. I know nowt about what's happening at say, Real Betis, but I'd say they're bigger than the likes of Sporting Gijon.

Apart from the obvious requirements, I would have a cheeky try for Paul Scholes - IF Man U would release him on either a Free or a small fee.

This guy is very fit for a 35 yr old, has masses of experience, and would be great for bringing into the side during games when we needed a late boost ; Scholes has a great scoring record from midfield and is a model pro. He would be invaluable as an example to young players - Clough and Taylor brought in Dave Mackay to give some stability and guidance to their Derby side and it worked a treat...Scholes may do a similar job at NUFC and hasn't had the number of injuries Mackay suffered before he left Spurs.

All decent sides have a good blend of youth and experience and you don't get better than Scholes in the experience department.

Zero chance of this happening for so many reasons.

...And the reasons are ..? None, apart from Scholes not wanting to move here, seem insurmountable to me...

are you kidding? do you honestly think Ashley would finance wages for Scholes at 35? What 50, 60, 70k a week??? No chance. why would he want to come here? up and move his family where they have lived for the past 20 years for 1 season?