Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest BooBoo

Hughton's at Hull v Fulham today, wonder who he's keeping tabs on? I'm sure if he just fancied watching a game, he would have picked a better one than that?

Bullard would be a good addition to our midfield, and wont hang around surely if Hull go down.

Guest BooBoo

Robbie Keane anyone?

He would be an ideal signing, although i cant see Fat Ash paying his signing fee and wages.

Hughton's at Hull v Fulham today, wonder who he's keeping tabs on? I'm sure if he just fancied watching a game, he would have picked a better one than that?

Bullard would be a good addition to our midfield, and wont hang around surely if Hull go down.

Bullard must be the most unappealing player in the Premier League, from a transfer perspective. He's English so he'll still cost an arm and a leg, he's hardly a nipper and he's - just - beyond a sicknote. Canny player on his day, and a funny fucker n'all (thanks Soccer AM), but he's done for.

Could be anyone really. There's a fair few from Fulham i'd take in a heartbeat.

Bullard must be the most unappealing player in the Premier League, from a transfer perspective. He's English so he'll still cost an arm and a leg, he's hardly a nipper and he's - just - beyond a sicknote. Canny player on his day, and a funny fucker n'all (thanks Soccer AM), but he's done for.

Have heard a few rumblings down here that we've been sniffing around Jozy Altidore, who has had a few outstanding games recently. Villareal have an agreement with Hull to sell him for £6.5M to them at the end of the season, but if Hull go down then that obviously won't happen.

Might be something in it after all, as looking around the rest of the line-ups there aren't too many others that fit the blueprint of the types of player we are looking to bring in. Altidore is certainly one who will only get better and is already pretty decent.

I think Altidore is absolutely shit tbh.

All physicality and power with pretty much no ability. How many goals has he scored in the league this season?

1 in about 20 games I think, now I don't care how young he is that just doesn't inspire confidence, not for £5-6 million anyway.

Guest BooBoo

Have heard a few rumblings down here that we've been sniffing around Jozy Altidore, who has had a few outstanding games recently. Villareal have an agreement with Hull to sell him for £6.5M to them at the end of the season, but if Hull go down then that obviously won't happen.

Might be something in it after all, as looking around the rest of the line-ups there aren't too many others that fit the blueprint of the types of player we are looking to bring in. Altidore is certainly one who will only get better and is already pretty decent.

If we go up, we really need to bring someone in who has a proven record of scoring in the Premier League. Gambling on someone like Altidore would make me nervous. A dependable goal scorer in the PL is a must. At Sunderland, Bent has been the difference between relegation and mid table obscurity. If Ashley wants to secure our PL survival, he should bite the bullet and splash out on Keane.

I think Altidore is absolutely shit tbh.

All physicality and power with pretty much no ability. How many goals has he scored in the league this season?

1 in about 20 games I think, now I don't care how young he is that just doesn't inspire confidence, not for £5-6 million anyway.

First year in the PL, only 20 years old and playing for a very poor team are some excuses I'd venture for that.

He has shown some glimpses of pure quality though and has been getting far better recently. I see Hull live a bit with living a 15 minute walk from the KC and he's one of the very few who stand out as having a bit of spark about them.

If we go up, we really need to bring someone in who has a proven record of scoring in the Premier League. Gambling on someone like Altidore would make me nervous. A dependable goal scorer in the PL is a must. At Sunderland, Bent has been the difference between relegation and mid table obscurity. If Ashley wants to secure our PL survival, he should bite the bullet and splash out on Keane.

Agree with the philosophy as well mate, our business over the summer is going to be very, very interesting indeed.

Parker.

I wouldn't want Parker back tbh. I think we really need a strong running midfielder to replace Nolan next season. Guthrie and Barton have their qualities but neither are really dominant box to box players.

I'd like to see us go in for a few Spurs players. I know Jamie O'Hara has already been mentioned but I'd also like to see us make a move for David Bentley, Alan Hutton, and Adel Taarabt too. Don't think any of them are particularly that unrealistic either.

What about that Skjelbreid form Rosenborg?

think he is a Newcastle fan as well

:lol:

Is Taarabt a central midfielder or a winger? If he plays in the centre the signing of Sandro must have pushed him further down the pecking order?

If Wham end up going down, given how f***ed up they are you indeed could fish some interesting stuff.

I reckon Cole would go to a top half team, but what about Diamanti? I also rate Behrami, guy never stops running. Could be a good replacement for Smith, he even has the same hair  :thup:

Upson's a bit old and is starting to drop some clangers. Ilunga is also fine, but you have Enrique on that side.