Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Rosenborg have yet to recieve bids for Annan. The papers over here reckon a bid around 3-4 million pounds will see him leave. I really hope Hughton at least makes an enquiry.

I'd love it if we went for him. £3-4 million is a bargain.

:thup:

This.

He'd add SO much to our midfield it's unreal. His physicality and dynamism could literally be the difference between relegation and stating up.

Rosenborg have yet to recieve bids for Annan. The papers over here reckon a bid around 3-4 million pounds will see him leave. I really hope Hughton at least makes an enquiry.

This.

He'd add SO much to our midfield it's unreal. His physicality and dynamism could literally be the difference between relegation and stating up.

Absolutely. The fact that it appears Rosenberg haven't had any bids is a good thing for us and any potential bid. We should stick a £3m offer on the table as, despite the 'no capital outlay' speech I think we can comfortably afford that, especially considering sell on potential and profitability.

This.

Absolutely. The fact that it appears Rosenberg haven't had any bids is a good thing for us and any potential bid. We should stick a £3m offer on the table as, despite the 'no capital outlay' speech I think we can comfortably afford that, especially considering sell on potential and profitability.

As much as I would love Annan here, we shouldn't be thinking like this. It'll only disappoint us when we don't even make a move for him. :(

This.

As much as I would love Annan here, we shouldn't be thinking like this. It'll only disappoint us when we don't even make a move for him. :(

True. I just think it's inevitable that we won't move for him and he'll end up at some German club who pay £2.5m for him.

I'd have loved us to have had a punt on Jong Tae-Se especially at the price he moved for.

We live in hope.

After all the talk of Annan on this board I did keep a close eye on him during the world cup and was very impressed. Apart from being typically dynamic and athletic, what impressed me most was his intelligent use of the ball. Keeps it simple and does very well playing short forward passes to ignite the teams forward play. Really liked him.

After all the talk of Annan on this board I did keep a close eye on him during the world cup and was very impressed. Apart from being typically dynamic and athletic, what impressed me most was his intelligent use of the ball. Keeps it simple and does very well playing short forward passes to ignite the teams forward play. Really liked him.

Despite what I already knew and liked about him myself, upon reading that 'in a nutshell' description, it just makes me realise that our chances of signing him are slim.

No way in hell Rosenborg would sell Annan for £3m. No way in hell, that's as nonsensical as them wanting £10m. :lol: They'll be wanting £5-6m no doubt based on his good WC, and they have no financial issues which would force them to sell.

Despite what I already knew and liked about him myself, upon reading that 'in a nutshell' description, it just makes me realise that our chances of signing him are slim.

Yeah, pretty much. From what I saw of him I'd be astonished if we had any sort of chance.

Yeah, pretty much. From what I saw of him I'd be astonished if we had any sort of chance.

Nobody's bid, so by that logic we have just as much a chance as anyone else at this exact moment. :pow:

Nobody's bid, so by that logic we have just as much a chance as anyone else at this exact moment. :pow:

Kazeiro I fucking love your avatar.

Last year we had Shola eating an apple on a bike, this year with the boxing gloves. I can't wait to see what next season will bring :aww:

Kazeiro I fucking love your avatar.

Last year we had Shola eating an apple on a bike, this year with the boxing gloves. I can't wait to see what next season will bring :aww:

Needless fouls, running in treacle, jumping lower than he stands tall & injuries. The normal stuff I would assume

Assulin was a great prospect two years ago, but has had a couple bad seasons and to be honest when I have watched him he's been pants. Lots of trickery but no end product and always running into blind alleys.

Surprised he doesn't have a team though. Arsenal, Chelsea, even Madrid... were sniffing around him a year ago. Maybe he's waiting for a big club offer that probably won't arrive.

He was a great prospect two years ago, but has had a couple bad seasons and to be honest when I have watched him he's been pants. Lots of trickery but no end product and always running into blind alleys.

Surprised he doesn't have a team though. Arsenal, Chelsea, even Madrid... were sniffing around him a year ago.

Yeah I guessed he'd 'done a Dos Santos' in that sense. Just thought on a free he might be worth a gamble in terms of reviving a career. Can't be demanding high wages surely.

Wigan turned A. Valencia from a Villareal reject into an £18 million player, it's the kind of model we should be following.

He was a great prospect two years ago, but has had a couple bad seasons and to be honest when I have watched him he's been pants. Lots of trickery but no end product and always running into blind alleys.

Surprised he doesn't have a team though. Arsenal, Chelsea, even Madrid... were sniffing around him a year ago.

Yeah I guessed he'd 'done a Dos Santos' in that sense. Just thought on a free he might be worth a gamble in terms of reviving a career. Can't be demanding high wages surely.

Wigan turned A. Valencia from a Villareal reject into an £18 million player, it's the kind of model we should be following.

We will with Routledge. You just never know ;)

Guest geordienorway

No way in hell Rosenborg would sell Annan for £3m. No way in hell, that's as nonsensical as them wanting £10m. :lol: They'll be wanting £5-6m no doubt based on his good WC, and they have no financial issues which would force them to sell.

Annan's contract runs to december 2011. Rosenborg would never risk letting him go for nothing, and will look to cash in as soon as possible. If Rosenborg fail to start a bidding war, Hughton is in with a serious shout if he makes a £4m-offer. Rosenborg need to get £1,5-2m from player sales in 2010, and when no one bids significant money for Demidov they may need to let Annan go.