Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

We have two scouts at Norway - Montenegro on Saturday apparently, Norman Wooster and another. Not really a transfer rumour or anything, just canny to know where we're scouting so we can make stuff up regarding who we might be watching.  :snod:

Shock double transfer for Vucinic and Jovetic would be nice. :thup:

We have two scouts at Norway - Montenegro on Saturday apparently, Norman Wooster and another. Not really a transfer rumour or anything, just canny to know where we're scouting so we can make stuff up regarding who we might be watching.  :snod:

Shock double transfer for Vucinic and Jovetic would be nice. :thup:

I'd cream my pants if we got those, but not in a month of sundays. :lol:

skjelbred tbh

Thinking about it, I can only think about these players who'd we might want to look at from Norway these days.

Skjelbred - But he's been shit this season since he's been pushed out as a winger, so bar our previous apparent interest in him I can't see it based on this season.

Huseklepp - Sure, no doubt he'd be interesting. But as well as Skjelbred he's had a shit season so far.

Demidov - Has said he'll leave Rosenborg in the summer and his contract is expiring. Probably the most likely option if we're actually interested in anyone given our supposed financial situation.

Abdellaoue -Sure, no doubt he'd be interesting.

The rest are shite, and the proven good players are already at clubs we probably can't afford to buy from. (Carew, Riise, Tettey and so on.)

with Eggen back, Skjelbred will be brilliant. Demidov is a cunt, hate him. OKey footballer tough.

Looks like it could've been Moa Abdellaoue we were gonna look at according to TV2 who says a lot of European scouts would be dissapointed that Moa had got a niggling injury and most likely won't feature against Montenegro. Makes sense as his contract runs out in 2010 and HSV almost got him for £500k in January but backed down for unknown reasons.

Guest Roger Kint

Last few games I saw Guti this season he looked terrible, way off the pace and thinking he he was way better than he was.

Nicky Butt MkII.

From another site

27 May 2010 23:14:35

My son plays for Newcastle Under 16s and when i went to pick him up from his friendly match at benton training ground and saw Chris Houghton Guti and a few other men leaving the grounds

:mackems:

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: People saying we shouldn't sign Guti, if somehow we were given the opportunity. This thread is MENTAL.

Huge wages

Over the hill

Why would you be happy to go back to our past mistakes?

Guest Roger Kint

You forgot

At least 15 times better than anyone in our squad

Talent wise i would have to agree. Pace/movement/stamina etc where we badly need it he isnt. He will be a passenger, a very expensive one at that.

This is fucking stupid. We've no chance of signing him so it's irrelevant, but yes we'd still need other players in the squad other than him, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't sign him given the opportunity, given the massive gulf between what he is capable of and what alan smith is capable of.

This is fucking stupid. We've no chance of signing him so it's irrelevant, but yes we'd still need other players in the squad other than him, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't sign him given the opportunity, given the massive gulf between what he is capable of and what alan smith is capable of.

I think being a Newcastle United fan you should realise being capable of doing something and actually doing something are two very different things. Guti would be a terrible signing.

Guest geordienorway

Looks like it could've been Moa Abdellaoue we were gonna look at according to TV2 who says a lot of European scouts would be dissapointed that Moa had got a niggling injury and most likely won't feature against Montenegro. Makes sense as his contract runs out in 2010 and HSV almost got him for £500k in January but backed down for unknown reasons.

The most overrated player in Tippeligaen imo.

:lol: People saying we shouldn't sign Guti, if somehow we were given the opportunity. This thread is MENTAL.

Huge wages

Over the hill

Why would you be happy to go back to our past mistakes?

The problem we had was we had a squad full of them. Look at Carr since he's went to another club, Bowyer as well, and Duff, etc. I think to stay up, we need someone like that particularly in the centre. For one season, someone in the Guti mould would be ideal imo.

Guest Roger Kint

This is f***ing stupid. We've no chance of signing him so it's irrelevant, but yes we'd still need other players in the squad other than him, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't sign him given the opportunity, given the massive gulf between what he is capable of and what alan smith is capable of.

I think being a Newcastle United fan you should realise being capable of doing something and actually doing something are two very different things. Guti would be a terrible signing.

Exactly. What is fucking stupid is comparing him to Alan Smith, as if they do the same role ;D

This is f***ing stupid. We've no chance of signing him so it's irrelevant, but yes we'd still need other players in the squad other than him, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't sign him given the opportunity, given the massive gulf between what he is capable of and what alan smith is capable of.

Exactly. What is fucking stupid is comparing him to Alan Smith, as if they do the same role ;D

:lol: Are you actually retarded? About 6 posts further up you compared him to Nicky Butt, and now you're calling me out for an Alan Smith comparison!? :lol: Jesus H.

I'd like to see you smiley face your way out of this one.

Guest Roger Kint

Exactly. What is f***ing stupid is comparing him to Alan Smith, as if they do the same role ;D

:lol: Are you actually retarded? About 6 posts further up you compared him to Nicky Butt, and now you're calling me out for an Alan Smith comparison!? :lol: Jesus H.

I'd like to see you smiley face your way out of this one.

:mackems: At you failing to read the quotes.

Oh look i have managed to smiley my way out of it, and without lowering myself to your level calling anyone retarded. Shame you shouldnt really be throwing stones there :rolleyes: