Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Newcastle sweat as race for Dan Gosling hots up

NEWCASTLE have held a second round of talks with midfield target Dan Gosling – but face being trampled in a rush for the England Under-21 star.

Having travelled to Tyneside for discussions on Wednesday, the Sunday Sun can reveal England Under-21 international Gosling spoke again to United on Friday, and a decision on his future is expected within 48 hours.

But while West Ham are the only other club seriously linked with him so far, Gosling – a free agent after leaving Everton – is now scheduled to meet with up to half a dozen other interested Premier League sides.

With Newcastle’s commitment to keeping their wage bill down, that could mean Gosling being offered a more lucrative deal elsewhere.

But the 20-year-old Devonian is insistent he will decide his destination on footballing rather than financial terms, meaning the greater guarantees of first-team football that the Magpies can offer, the better.

Meanwhile, Newcastle may also be willing to up their contract offer to defender Steven Taylor beyond his current £35,000-a-week deal.

Hopes are high that United striker Andy Carroll is soon to sign his own new contract, worth around £19,000-a-week.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/2010/07/11/newcastle-sweat-as-race-for-dan-gosling-hots-up-79310-26827341/http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/2010/07/11/newcastle-sweat-as-race-for-dan-gosling-hots-up-79310-26827341/

that would be a neat trick considering everton have 14 days from the day of the tribunal to appeal its judgement so he can't really make a decision until that time has elapsed

NEWCASTLE have held a second round of talks with midfield target Dan Gosling – but face being trampled in a rush for the England Under-21 star.

Having travelled to Tyneside for discussions on Wednesday, the Sunday Sun can reveal England Under-21 international Gosling spoke again to United on Friday, and a decision on his future is expected within 48 hours.

But while West Ham are the only other club seriously linked with him so far, Gosling – a free agent after leaving Everton – is now scheduled to meet with up to half a dozen other interested Premier League sides.

With Newcastle’s commitment to keeping their wage bill down, that could mean Gosling being offered a more lucrative deal elsewhere.

But the 20-year-old Devonian is insistent he will decide his destination on footballing rather than financial terms, meaning the greater guarantees of first-team football that the Magpies can offer, the better.

Meanwhile, Newcastle may also be willing to up their contract offer to defender Steven Taylor beyond his current £35,000-a-week deal.

Hopes are high that United striker Andy Carroll is soon to sign his own new contract, worth around £19,000-a-week.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/2010/07/11/newcastle-sweat-as-race-for-dan-gosling-hots-up-79310-26827341/http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/2010/07/11/newcastle-sweat-as-race-for-dan-gosling-hots-up-79310-26827341/

that would be a neat trick considering everton have 14 days from the day of the tribunal to appeal its judgement so he can't really make a decision until that time has elapsed

Gosling & his agent will be agreeing terms now with clubs.

Him & his agent will be argeeing terms now with clubs.

can't actually sign a deal until the whole thing with everton is fully sorted as evertons appeal may be succesful and they may be due compensation for him

Him & his agent will be argeeing terms now with clubs.

can't actually sign a deal until the whole thing with everton is fully sorted as evertons appeal may be succesful and they may be due compensation for him

He can sign a deal, it would just be unwise for any club to do so now unless they're prepared for the possibility of paying compensation.

He's from Devon, we have to sign him! I need a hero at Newcastle and he's it. :lol:

You got Tozer & Spear already.

Someone who actually has a chance of playing in the first team would be nice. :razz:

I was nearly going to say Wayne Quinn was the last Devon lad & he was shite but he is from Cornwall.

In my opinion, I think we are seriously missing players that are canny hard...

We don't really have any. I reckon Nolan would be handy with his fists, but I wan't a real bastard of a player.

Any suggestions?

We don't really have any. I reckon Nolan would be handy with his fists, but I wan't a real b****** of a player.

Any suggestions?

Joey Barton?

We don't really have any. I reckon Nolan would be handy with his fists, but I wan't a real b****** of a player.

Any suggestions?

Joey Barton?

Aye ... Would say it doesn't really get much better than him if that's what you are looking for. We have Carroll and Alan Smith as well.

Guest geordienorway

Rosenborg have yet to recieve bids for Annan. The papers over here reckon a bid around 3-4 million pounds will see him leave. I really hope Hughton at least makes an enquiry.

Rosenborg have yet to recieve bids for Annan. The papers over here reckon a bid around 3-4 million pounds will see him leave. I really hope Hughton at least makes an enquiry.

I'd love it if we went for him. £3-4 million is a bargain.

Can someone post a FM screenshot. Kezman/LLLO can you run a facebook check on this kid. Do we have a Romanian board member who can give us details? We really need to get this boards scouting network sorted.

Town and newly-promoted Newcastle United have made enquiries regarding Dinamo Bucharest striker Andrei Cristea, according to reports in the Romanian press. The 26-year-old scored 20 goals and recorded seven assists in 38 games in all competitions last season.

Dinamo have put a price of £1.7 million on Cristea, but Newcastle are reportedly set to test their resolve with a bid of £1.25 million.

he Blues are also said to have shown interest in Cristea but with Dinamo preferring to deal with Premier League clubs and their greater financial resources.

A quick frontman, Cristea was born in Bacău and started his career with hometown side FCM Bacău, joining Steaua Bucharest for $1 million in 2004.

Two years later, having failed to establish himself with Steaua as they won two league titles, the 5ft 10½in tall striker joined FC Timişoara, despite interest from French side Sochaux.

A loan spell at Politehnica Iaşi followed in the second half of the 2007/08 season, Cristea’s goals helping save the club from relegation from the top flight.

In May 2008 Cristea signed a five-year deal with his current club. After scoring two goals in eight games, Cristea moved back to Politehnica Iaşi for a second loan spell in January 2009, returning to Dinamo the next summer, having netted seven times in 15 games as they again avoided the drop.

Once back at Dinamo, Cristea established himself in their first team and was the top scorer in the Romanian league during 2009/10 with 16 goals, netting a further four in other competitions.

Cristea has been capped nine times at full level and on 14 occasions by Romania’s U21s, but so far without netting an international goal.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=16713

Haha, its the first thing I found. IM at work. Im not going to go trawling through everything to find stuff. ffs.

Do me a favour, find our fixture list and post them up please?

I'd love it if we went for him. £3-4 million is a bargain.

:thup:

This.