Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

I would think Scharner could be the man for the defensive role in the centre of midfield.

I would also like Andy Driver from Hearts

Maynard from Bristol City

Wheater from Boro

Hibbert from Everton (nothing fancy but an experienced PL right back)

If Burnley go down, Danny Fox as back up to Jose

So, Scharner, Fox, Wheater, Hibbert, Driver and Maynard would probably cost us about 15 million quid.

Sell Taylor to Everton for 8 million, net deficit spent of 7  million and the squad has been improved in all areas.

Ohh, and we save another 50K a week when Butt retires. If anyone will give us a million for Best, grab their hands off.

I would think Scharner could be the man for the defensive role in the centre of midfield.

Wheater from Boro

So, Scharner, Fox, Wheater, Hibbert, Driver and Maynard would probably cost us about 15 million quid.

Sell Taylor to Everton for 8 million, net deficit spent of 7  million and the squad has been improved in all areas.

Ohh, and we save another 50K a week when Butt retires. If anyone will give us a million for Best, grab their hands off.

Good shouts. Buying Wheater would also come with the added bonus of pissing off the smoggies.

Wheater from Boro

Danny Fox is a good shout, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't settle for back-up.  Steven Fletcher is a decent striker, but I'm not sure if it's better than anything we've currently got.

All the Evertonians down here, say that Hibbert's a liability - that's why Neville is preferred.  'Rabbit caught in the headlights' and 'hot potato' are phrases associated with Hibbert.

Forest right back looked decent on Monday and if Forest don't go up, he might be tempted in hading a transfer request if we bid for him.

Wheater from Boro

Danny Fox is a good shout, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't settle for back-up.  Steven Fletcher is a decent striker, but I'm not sure if it's better than anything we've currently got.

All the Evertonians down here, say that Hibbert's a liability - that's why Neville is preferred.  'Rabbit caught in the headlights' and 'hot potato' are phrases associated with Hibbert.

Forest right back looked decent on Monday and if Forest don't go up, he might be tempted in hading a transfer request if we bid for him.

Financially wise, Boro wouildnt get anywhere near that much for Wheater and if they want to gain promotion next season, they are going to have to sell to buy.

Hibbert is not the best option but is highly experienced and no nonsense type player. Neville is in their because he is the captain and not much better than Hibbert to be honest.

I am sure Danny Fox would prefer to be vying for a place in the first team of a PL club than in the CCC with a struggling team.

Yes, agreed about Perch, but my reasoning behind Hibbert rather than Perch is his experience in the PL might well be invaluable as opposed to another inexperienced right back.

Anyone got a link to all the players out of contract so we can have a look at who we could be linked with and then not get?

Out of your list macca, only Scharner & Driver i'd like to see here. Fox won't come as back up, Wheater is shit and no better than what we have and would cost a bit, Hibbert is shit period, Maynard is no better than Lovenkrands.

Seb Larrson is available on a bosman from Birmingham,  i'd definately be looking to snap him up.

Likewise, i've always liked him as a player. Could be the answer to our creative CM dilemma as well as useful back up for the left wing

Apart from the obvious requirements, I would have a cheeky try for Paul Scholes - IF Man U would release him on either a Free or a small fee.

This guy is very fit for a 35 yr old, has masses of experience, and would be great for bringing into the side during games when we needed a late boost ; Scholes has a great scoring record from midfield and is a model pro. He would be invaluable as an example to young players - Clough and Taylor brought in Dave Mackay to give some stability and guidance to their Derby side and it worked a treat...Scholes may do a similar job at NUFC and hasn't had the number of injuries Mackay suffered before he left Spurs.

All decent sides have a good blend of youth and experience and you don't get better than Scholes in the experience department.

Apart from the obvious requirements, I would have a cheeky try for Paul Scholes - IF Man U would release him on either a Free or a small fee.

This guy is very fit for a 35 yr old, has masses of experience, and would be great for bringing into the side during games when we needed a late boost ; Scholes has a great scoring record from midfield and is a model pro. He would be invaluable as an example to young players - Clough and Taylor brought in Dave Mackay to give some stability and guidance to their Derby side and it worked a treat...Scholes may do a similar job at NUFC and hasn't had the number of injuries Mackay suffered before he left Spurs.

All decent sides have a good blend of youth and experience and you don't get better than Scholes in the experience department.

Zero chance of this happening for so many reasons.

What? He's been texting Carrolls lass?

What? He's been texting Carrolls lass?

ermm, im not sure. i wouldnt have thought so.

Guest MrSundlofer

Wheater from Boro

There is a world outside the English leagues. I mean... We should start looking for cheaper and better players in Argentina, Brazil, Norway, Sweden, France...

It may be wishful thinking but what about someone like Sakho, PSG centre back. Haven't seen much of him but he is French U-21 captain and has captained PSG. He's also pretty damn fantastic on FM  :pow:

There are plenty of talented players in the French league that will be much cheaper than similar players in the English leagues.

It may be wishful thinking but what about someone like Sakho, PSG centre back. Haven't seen much of him but he is French U-21 captain and has captained PSG. He's also pretty damn fantastic on FM  :pow:

There are plenty of talented players in the French league that will be much cheaper than similar players in the English leagues.

I hate to be cynical but when you sign foreign players you have to turn your attention to their attitude and mental strength.

More Enrique's, less Bassong's. Even if Bassong is a quality player.

French players and us just don`t mix!. Just about every single one we`ve signed has always ended up whining to the newspapers and leaving.

There is a world outside the English leagues. I mean... We should start looking for cheaper and better players in Argentina, Brazil, Norway, Sweden, France...

This.

Work permits become an issue for anyone that isn't an established international.

Completely different style of game too so adaptability would be an issue.