Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

I think we should go for Owen Hargreaves, he hasn't been getting into the Man Utd squad for a while. Used to be a good player England, don't think Capello likes him though as he hasn't been in (m)any of his squads.

reckon we could get him on the cheap? Could play right back

He's not been in any squads, as he has got a serious knee problem.

Only starting to train again iirc

Would be Smith 2.0 for us. Smith was out for such a long time as well than Big Sam went for him. Not that good move.

No way! He'd be a goalscoring right back, he's as good as Beckham at set pieces, would be good back up to Ryan Taylor when it comes to free-kicks and corners.

I know how good Hargreaves is or at least was. But I still think it's a big gamble/risk buying him. He was out for about 2 years. You don't know if he still can hit a ball.  :lol:

Guest icemanblue

I think we should go for Owen Hargreaves, he hasn't been getting into the Man Utd squad for a while. Used to be a good player England, don't think Capello likes him though as he hasn't been in (m)any of his squads.

reckon we could get him on the cheap? Could play right back

He's not been in any squads, as he has got a serious knee problem.

Only starting to train again iirc

Would be Smith 2.0 for us. Smith was out for such a long time as well than Big Sam went for him. Not that good move.

No way! He'd be a goalscoring right back, he's as good as Beckham at set pieces, would be good back up to Ryan Taylor when it comes to free-kicks and corners.

I know how good Hargreaves is or at least was. But I still think it's a big gamble/risk buying him. He was out for about 2 years. You don't know if he still can hit a ball.  :lol:

Dear God, man. :lol:

Peter Whittingham from Cardiff if they don't go up? Scores a sh*t load of goals for a winger.

He always looked a bit out of his depth with us, I was staggered to see how many goals he has scored this season, quite incredible.

Happy for him, though, always had a good attitude.

Peter Whittingham from Cardiff if they don't go up? Scores a sh*t load of goals for a winger.

He always looked a bit out of his depth with us, I was staggered to see how many goals he has scored this season, quite incredible.

7 of those goals are penalties.

7 of those goals are penalties.

plus he's a bit of a nolan in that statistically he looks good but when i've watched him he's not been anything special.

I've just noticed Jadson is still at Shakhtar. He was class everytime I saw him on their way the their UEFA cup win last season, really expected him to move to a bigger league. Hr'd only 5ft6 so might find the PL a bit tough like, especially in the centre of midfield. 

Elano also always impressed me at City before he felt out with the manager and moved to Galatasary. Could possibly be the answers to our creative problems?

Parker isn't really box-to-box, although he'd like to think it.

Box-to-box has always struck me as, barring a select few, a player who isn't particularly good defending or attacking really. Recklessly banded about term making players sound better than they are.

Box-to-box has always struck me as, barring a select few, a player who isn't particularly good defending or attacking really. Recklessly banded about term making players sound better than they are.

Position doesn't really exist in the modern game anyway.

I consider Ballack to be a box to box. to me a box to box is a player with a huge engine and can do everything that needs to be done in the center.

RB Beye?

CM OHara

CF Doyle

For once I think we disposed of an old player at the right time, rather than buying an old player at the wrong time. Wouldn't take Beye back.

Agreed - yesterday's man now ; younger RB needed.

Like the idea of Doyle, though, but Wolves would have to go down.

must confess I have`t seen much of Doyle this season....has he really been that impressive? His goal scoring record isn`t that prolific but very decent I suppose. Wolves paid 6.5m for him and I`m sure Wolves would want more than that if he`s been doing as good as you say he his. And can you see MA fork about 6.5m+ on a player? I have my doubts..

Would Hitzlsperger be realistic from Lazio? Out of contract in the summer, linked with Spurs today.

He only just signed for Lazio 2 months ago....a bit strange to him being available on a free. Good player though.

You are a sage, Baba.

Commentators says a lot of English clubs are at Start - Molde to look at Christian Bolaños. Didn't mention the names of the clubs bar Fulham, but he's one of the few players in the Norwegian league I'd not mind us taking a punt at.

Commentators says a lot of English clubs are at Start - Molde to look at Christian Bolaños. Didn't mention the names of the clubs bar Fulham, but he's one of the few players in the Norwegian league I'd not mind us taking a punt at.

And as I said that, he scores. :lol:

Haven't seen too much of Pompey this year, but are Vanden Borre or Piquionne worth a look? Both seem pretty lively against Spurs right now.

Vanden Borre is on loan from Genoa so I'm not even sure if he's available, but he can play RB or RM.

Piquionne is on loan from Lyon, but what I'm reading says he's not really wanted there.

Guest koenji

I remember  Bolanos was on trial at Charlton and Liverpool but they couldn`t get a work permit for him. Not seen him play before but heard a bit about him.