Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Screws: Jamie O'Hara and Philippe Senderos are early targets for Newcastle.

Star: Newcastle want striker Dieumerci Mbokani for their return to the top flight.

Express: Newcastle are looking to strengthen their Premier League-bound squad by signing Tottenham midfielder Jamie O'Hara.

Other bits

Liverpool full-backs Emilano Insua, Fabio Aurelio and Philipp Degan are all set to leave the club this summer

Owen Coyle has returned to Burnley in a bid to sign Steven Fletcher.

Everton boss David Moyes remains willing to gamble on Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford.

Fulham are set to replace Chris Smalling with Craig Dawson from Rochdale.

West Ham are ready to sign Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford on a free transfer.

Watford want to take Giles Barnes on a permanent deal.

West Brom will make a move for Chris Eagles if Burnley are relegated.

Derby are set to make a £1million move for Scunthorpe striker Gary Hooper.

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce wants Ipswich striker Connor Wickham.

Middlesbrough are watching Huddersfield winger Anthony Pilkington.

Guest palnese

I'd love us to get Insua off Liverpool. He does look poor at times but the potential is clearly there.

Enrique is clearly better, and I don't see why Insua would come here to sit on the bench. I think he's shit tbh. Way too slow for the highest level.

I would LOVE it if we could get O'hara, but cant see it. He must be on a canny wedge and i bet other clubs like Sunderland/Villa/Birmingham Would be able to offer much higher wages than us. If Ashley could be convinced tho, he would be a massive signing

I haven't read any of this thread except for the last page so no doubt he has already been mentioned but Morten Gamst Pederson is available on a free as his contract has expired and Blackburn can't afford his £25,000 a week wage demands. I think he'd be a good addition to the squad as a free transfer when our budget is only going to be £15-20 million.

I haven't read any of this thread except for the last page so no doubt he has already been mentioned but Morten Gamst Pederson is available on a free as his contract has expired and Blackburn can't afford his £25,000 a week wage demands. I think he'd be a good addition to the squad as a free transfer when our budget is only going to be £15-20 million.

Would be like signing Duff. Our wingers are OK.

We need another though, 2 isn't enough, even if they're both durable.

Guest frazernufc

We should attempt to sign Tuncay, hes not a starting regular for Stoke and would definitely make our first 11

We need another though, 2 isn't enough, even if they're both durable.

gamst has been good playing through the middle also. gives us option if we were to get him.

There is no fucking chance Liverpool will sell Insua. Possibly Aurelio and Degen but never Insua, Rafa sees him as his first choice LB for the distant future.

I'd go for Keane. Yeah his wages will be a stumbling block but surely he realises he's been pissed about left, right and centre by Liverpool and now Spurs and needs to go somewhere where he'll be pretty much first choice. He's 30 this year so he's coming into his prime and I think he would do an excellent job for us not just on the pitch but off it too.

Would also be more than happy to see Senderos here and think the loan signing for Vela would also be a hell of a shout.

Can't see O'Hara coming for the simple reason his missus won't move this far north.

Can't see O'Hara coming for the simple reason his missus won't move this far north.

She is from Liverpool she knows the delights of the North.

But she's an A lister now don't ya know (or so she thinks) so being too far away from the bright lights in that London just won't do!

There is no fucking chance Liverpool will sell Insua. Possibly Aurelio and Degen but never Insua, Rafa sees him as his first choice LB for the distant future.

I'd go for Keane. Yeah his wages will be a stumbling block but surely he realises he's been pissed about left, right and centre by Liverpool and now Spurs and needs to go somewhere where he'll be pretty much first choice. He's 30 this year so he's coming into his prime and I think he would do an excellent job for us not just on the pitch but off it too.

Would also be more than happy to see Senderos here and think the loan signing for Vela would also be a hell of a shout.

Never really understood that argument with O'Hara, Portsmouth isn't exactly a suburb of London and she has "let him" go there for a year. 

Guest firetotheworks

Hate MGP since that handball, he's been pretty much a useless article for a few seasons now.

We should attempt to sign Tuncay, hes not a starting regular for Stoke and would definitely make our first 11

thought that also. Can do a job as an attacking midfielder as well as up front so can cover a few positions if/when needed.

Maybe try and get Van Aanholt back too as left back cover....better than being 3rd/4th choice left back at Chelsea.

Never really understood that argument with O'Hara, Portsmouth isn't exactly a suburb of London and she has "let him" go there for a year. 

Distance from London to Portsmouth 57 miles, travelling at 70 mph = 0.8 hours

Distance from London to Newcastle 302 miles, travelling at 70 mph = 4.3 hours

Guest firetotheworks

There is no f***ing chance Liverpool will sell Insua. Possibly Aurelio and Degen but never Insua, Rafa sees him as his first choice LB for the distant future.

Distance from London to Portsmouth 57 miles, travelling at 70 mph = 0.8 hours

Distance from London to Newcastle 302 miles, travelling at 70 mph = 4.3 hours

By plane, 0.5 hours. By train, 2.5 hours.