nufc losing £500,000 a week

summerof69

Guest neesy111

tbf, if ashley had been so wanting to cut costs, he wouldn't of sanctioned the signings in january and could of sold, the like's of taylor, colocini, nolan with clubs sniffing around them

Guest Roger Kint

Because football clubs have other costs than just wages? ???

Agreed, but given I've identified c.£80m of revenue are you suggesting other costs amount to £30m?

For us to be losing half a million a week other costs would have to amount to nearer £50m? Does that sound plausible?

We cannot make an economic appraisal of our finances based on what is probably an "exercise in public relations".

Maybe you should start reading quayside's posts before suggestion i am basing this on PR

More arselicking of the fat bastard from Thompson House. He's the stupid cunt who didn't click last January that getting relegated might cost us a quid or two.

Good point. Pompey are equally stupid for not buying loads in January.  :thup:

Maybe you should start reading quayside's posts before suggestion i am basing this on PR

I'm not suggesting you are doing anything? All I'm saying is none of us can accurately determine the clubs accounts based on what I believe to be a PR exercise.

Quayside's figures seem sensible; however there does not appear any provision for monies received in players sales. If we add the players sales to Quayside's figures then the club is breaking even (even if we are plucking figures, albeit sensibly, out of the air).

I'm very interested to see the accounts to see exactly where the money is all going.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm not suggesting you are doing anything? All I'm saying is none of us can accurately determine the clubs accounts based on what I believe to be a PR exercise.

Quayside's figures seem sensible; however there does not appear any provision for monies received in players sales. If we add the players sales to Quayside's figures then the club is breaking even (even if we are plucking figures, albeit sensibly, out of the air).

I'm very interested to see the accounts to see exactly where the money is all going.

You of course miss the obvious flaw in your post. WE HAVENT RECIEVED THE TRANSFER MONEY YET. We are talking cashflow here

The trouble is the club are so inconsistent in what they say and have admitted in court that they deliberately lie as a PR exercise and along with being shrouded in secrecy, no-one knows what to believe anymore.

All of this money he keeps putting into the club are just loans so he presumably he will want it all back at some point.  One of the concerns raised by the football authorities recently is the dependence of clubs on owner loans.

However, I can't help but think this is just another one of those timely reminders from the club about how grateful we should be to poor Mike (especially with all the current discussion and concerns raised by the Portsmouth situation).  If it wasn't for him ........ blah blah blah.

Well he got himself into this mess.  No-one made him buy the club and he was responsible for the poor decision making that got us relegated so I for one have little sympathy for him.

I had assumed that any profits made on transfers were netted off against the "other costs". Don't forget that cash received on a player sale does not all equal profit, there are costs attached to some of the players - Martins for example still had time left on his contract so there was an unamortised amount of his original transfer fee to offset against the fee we received for him, Duff was the same.

And, of course, as I said earlier and others have repeated, this is all about cash not profit or loss.

Slow news day, so they've taken a stab at guessing some figures for some annual accounts which are probably fairly easy to estimate anyway, divided them by 52 and gone with

"OMG it's costing him £500k per week!"

as a headline.

There's really no new story here whatsoever, it's just a typical Journal article.

I don't know, I think my feelings are on Mike Ashley are 'Last Season Bad, This Season Good' ... I mean, he's not done too much wrong SINCE we got relegated (which definitely he needs to take a large part of the responsbility for )

Whether its been luck, or judgement, I don't know .. but we sit at the top, on course (fingers crossed) for an immediate return, we thankfully lost some of the big salary players in the summer, but kept a reasonable core, I was happy with the Jan transfer window ...

I think Mikey wants some love back ... that might never happen, but if we do go straight back up, I'll raise a glass to him and Chris ...

I don't know, I think my feelings are on Mike Ashley are 'Last Season Bad, This Season Good' ... I mean, he's not done too much wrong SINCE we got relegated (which definitely he needs to take a large part of the responsbility for )

Whether its been luck, or judgement, I don't know .. but we sit at the top, on course (fingers crossed) for an immediate return, we thankfully lost some of the big salary players in the summer, but kept a reasonable core, I was happy with the Jan transfer window ...

I think Mikey wants some love back ... that might never happen, but if we do go straight back up, I'll raise a glass to him and Chris ...

It was all totally avoidable.

And I'm sure KK would have understood "kevin the clubs is fecking screwed, we cant pay the wages of owen and viduka anymore, we need to took for other players"

I'm chuffed we are top of the league and its nice to be winning games regular but it was totally aviodable.

Portsmouth are the new Leeds, the club that will be pointed at to defend Ashley despite the fact that our situation is totally different.

So what is so "totally" different about us that we couldn't get into trouble by having an unsustainable wage bill relative to turnover?

I had assumed that any profits made on transfers were netted off against the "other costs". Don't forget that cash received on a player sale does not all equal profit, there are costs attached to some of the players - Martins for example still had time left on his contract so there was an unamortised amount of his original transfer fee to offset against the fee we received for him, Duff was the same.

And, of course, as I said earlier and others have repeated, this is all about cash not profit or loss.

Fair enough, at least you are capable of a constructive response. Mind I would be disappointed if 'other costs' were only reduced by 40% (and I appreciate that is a finger in the air jobby) based on initial monies raised from player sales and the lack of extraordinary costs based on not having to pay off a whole management staff like Allardyce's lot in the last published accounts.

Also, how does Ashley's outsourcing of staff affect 'other costs', is this likely to save money in the short term but end up costing the club more in the long term as they cannot reap all the income going forward?

Poor old Mike, one of his companies is losing £500k a week, we are in a recession, didnt hear many complaints when he was making his billions, when he called his shareholders cry babies after he shafted them with his dodgy dealings,  when he bought NUFC with his spare pocket money raped the fans of premiership football and then saddled the blame on the previous owners.

Do me a favour Mike and Fuck off you fat cunt, you cant put a price on the feeling we all got on relegation day, £500k a week sounds a bargain to me.

Find this very difficult to believe. We've cut the wage bill in half, received parachute payments and plenty of TV revenue this season. Add that to matchday takings, merchandising and hospitality packages then that is a lot of money coming in. Especially considering we play 23 home games instead of 19 this season.

Guest Roger Kint

Find this very difficult to believe. We've cut the wage bill in half, received parachute payments and plenty of TV revenue this season. Add that to matchday takings, merchandising and hospitality packages then that is a lot of money coming in. Especially considering we play 23 home games instead of 19 this season.

Seriously read the thread man.

Most tickets were season tickets. Those prices were less than last years regardless of how many games. As we are on average about 10k down in attendances the extra matchday sales arent really an issue either.

Hospitality packages? Would those be the areas of empty seats knocking about the Milburn and the vacant boxes?

TV packages, you are aware how tiny those are in this league arent you?

Seriously read the thread man.

Most tickets were season tickets. Those prices were less than last years regardless of how many games. As we are on average about 10k down in attendances the extra matchday sales arent really an issue either.

Hospitality packages? Would those be the areas of empty seats knocking about the Milburn and the vacant boxes?

TV packages, you are aware how tiny those are in this league arent you?

We've rarely had an attendance lower than £35k this season and granted most are season ticket holders, but its not just the ticket is it, the club shop is always rammed on matchdays with massive queues, people also buy programmes, about half the stadium empties at half time for food, drink etc so I can imagine we still make a shed load on matchday.

Hospitality encompasses stuff like the platinum club (which was pretty much full when I was in it against Boro, granted it was a local derby) as well as other events they  put on at the stadium. Not a huge earner I'd think, but an earner nonetheless.

No idea, how much do we get for being on TV in this league?

Of course we're in debt, most football clubs are, but £500,000 a week, no way.

Guest Roger Kint

SO you didnt read the thread? Fair enough, you are aware that £500k a week is £26m over a season arent you? Do you know what our losses were on the last accounts? If you read it you would know its a matter of cashflow anyway.

Why are you talking of 35k crowds? The capacity is 52k and only 3 games have had over 44k(well 4 but that was 28 people over) that means the majority of our games are well down on last season.

The club has sold off the catering havent they? You can spend £10m in the ground on pies, the club wont get it.

The TV deal is tiny, We will be talking a few million for the 15 or so games we have had live compared to massive amounts last season.

Guest Rob 1988

Deloitte Football Money League 2005/2006

Newcastle Utd 14th in the league

http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedKingdom/Local%20Assets/Documents/UK_SBG_FML08.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League

Deloitte Football Money League 2009

Newcastle Utd 17th

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/24940/default.aspx

We are slowly getting worse i wonder where we will be in 2010 ???