Making A Stand Against SKY TV.

kane2005

Is it possible . . I very much doubt it as there is too much money involved for clubs to turn it down.

However , we can let our feelings be known.

They have done us over so many times this season , and I think changing the Plymouth game to a Monday Night is now a step too far !!

SKY TV - WHAT ABOUT THE FANS?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Will be hung from Level 7 on Saturday.

Did you kick up this much of a fuss when our game against Pompey was moved to a Monday at the end of last season?

Yes . Why?

Just because I can imagine the Pompey fans felt exactly the same as we did then. Much like when our last two games at Pompey were at about 17:00 and 13:00 as well.

Why don't we flood the "Your on Skysports programme" on Saturday?

Just say we want to speak about Newcastle or something other then this, then when you get on live just start talking about it, that will shut them up.

Why don't we flood the "Your on Skysports programme" on Saturday?

Just say we want to speak about Newcastle or something other then this, then when you get on live just start talking about it, that will shut them up.

...or you would just get cut off straight away.

Is it possible . . I very much doubt it as there is too much money involved for clubs to turn it down.

They have done us over so many times this season , and I think changing the Plymouth game to a Monday Night is now a step too far !!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good luck with it, but you're wasting your time unfortunately.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and will be seen by....

:facepalm:

a chant or two would be better as they can easily not show a banner up there.

for those saying about the finances sky brings into football ask how many subscribers wouldn't bother with it if it wasn't for the football. also if sky pulled out it would have to be at the end of any deal so the clubs would have time to cut their cloth accordingly.

all power to you but i doubt it'll change anything.

A better way to take a stand would be to take a lifesize model of Richard Keys into the stadium (don't ask me how) before burning it and throwing it onto the pitch.

why use a model ? go for the real thing.

A better way to take a stand would be to take a lifesize model of Richard Keys into the stadium (don't ask me how) before burning it and throwing it onto the pitch.

Either will suffice

With all that hair on him, he'll be burning for weeks.

I think what you do also have to take into consideration though is that thousands of fans could (if the points gap stays as it is) end up seeing Newcastle win promotion to the Premiership on TV, when otherwise they wouldn't of been able to of. Maybe it's at a cost of a handfull of fans but is it good if that is the case and plenty of people can actually see it happen?

Hopefully a low cost airline will do what they did for the FA Cup tie, and put on some planes so more fans can travel easier to the south coast to and from the game.

I think what you do also have to take into consideration though is that thousands of fans could (if the points gap stays as it is) end up seeing Newcastle win promotion to the Premiership on TV, when otherwise they wouldn't of been able to of. Maybe it's at a cost of a handfull of fans but is it good if that is the case and plenty of people can actually see it happen?

Hopefully a low cost airline will do what they did for the FA Cup tie, and put on some planes so more fans can travel easier to the south coast to and from the game.

But they could have moved it to a weeknd slot, even on a Friday night to allow travel back up on a Saturday - but to hold it on a Monday shows no consideration to our supporters.

It's worse that we complained and they still didn't listen.

But they could have moved it to a weeknd slot, even on a Friday night to allow travel back up on a Saturday - but to hold it on a Monday shows no consideration to our supporters.

It's worse that we complained and they still didn't listen.

True.

Also it could not only seal our postion in the Premiership, but also seal Plymouth's fate for going down aswell.

Sorry, but fans who are willing to fork out for tickets, travel and take time off work should always take precident over those who are going to sit and watch it on Sky.

Half my mates have already booked flights for Plymouth and they go Friday and come back Monday afternoon.  They had the theory that if it did move then it would still be at some point over the weekend.  How wrong they were.

The rest of us have waited just in case....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nothing would ever change if everyone had this attitude.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nothing would ever change if everyone had this attitude.

It's not going to change tbh.  It would be nice if it could, but it won't.