Newcastle United 6 - 1 Barnsley - 06/03/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

What a performance, what a scoreline, great atmosphere, amazing goal from Jonas. All in all a fantastic day.

Agreed with all excvept atmosphere, thought it was utterly piss poor which is a shame considering we raped them.

and where were you sat?  ???

Level 7. Not just saying it to get a bite or owt because the general Level 7 vs the rest of the ground bollocks irritates me. I thought the atmosphere in level 7 was decent but didn't hear the rest of the ground until a loud burst near the end.

I can hardly hear Level 7 from in my seat either.

Accoustics in the ground are shite tbf.

Aye that must be what it is.

:lol:

What a performance, what a scoreline, great atmosphere, amazing goal from Jonas. All in all a fantastic day.

Agreed with all excvept atmosphere, thought it was utterly piss poor which is a shame considering we raped them.

and where were you sat?  ???

Level 7. Not just saying it to get a bite or owt because the general Level 7 vs the rest of the ground bollocks irritates me. I thought the atmosphere in level 7 was decent but didn't hear the rest of the ground until a loud burst near the end.

I can hardly hear Level 7 from in my seat either.

Accoustics in the ground are shite tbf.

Aye that must be what it is.

Didn't really hear a word from them all afternoon.

Guest firetotheworks

From twitter:

dannysimpson22

6-1 hahahahahaha premiership here we come

:lol: One thing for the fans tempting fate but not the players.

Especially considering he was the dafty at fault for the 1.

Pathetic.  If he is sticking around, it's going to do nothing to improve the chances of him putting his hand in his pocket in the summer.

I guess at least we know where one of the new scoreboards will end up.  :lol:

Pathetic.  If he is sticking around, it's going to do nothing to improve the chances of him putting his hand in his pocket in the summer.

I guess at least we know where one of the new scoreboards will end up.   :lol:

:lol:

You've got a point though, they'll eventually decide enough is enough & do something about it.

Guest malandro

Was there any need for the Ashley chants at 6-0?

Shows they’re not fickle though doesn’t it? That they’re not going to start kissing his ring just because we win a few games in a league we wouldn’t even be in of it wasn't for the  Ashley inspired disaster that was 08/09.

Was there any need for Dekker to accuse them of not being proper supporters? I have my reservations about overall benefits of the signing section but they get behind the team game in game out.

Shows theyre not fickle though doesnt it? That theyre not going to start kissing his ring just because we win a few games in a league we wouldnt even be in of it wasn't for the  Ashley inspired disaster that was 08/09.

Was there any need for Dekker to accuse them of not being proper supporters? I have my reservations about overall benefits of the signing section but they get behind the team game in game out.

6-0 up and singing about the owner rather than the team?

Guest malandro

I guess at least we know where one of the new scoreboards will end up.   :lol:

In the lower Milburn where there’s loads of empty seats?

I guess at least we know where one of the new scoreboards will end up.   :lol:

In the lower Milburn where theres loads of empty seats?

In the cheap seats.

Guest malandro

Shows they’re not fickle though doesn’t it? That they’re not going to start kissing his ring just because we win a few games in a league we wouldn’t even be in of it wasn't for the  Ashley inspired disaster that was 08/09.

If there’s one criticism that can’t be levelled at the LC it’s that they don’t back the team.

We don't need any new TV's or score boards, I don't want to see ugly TV's stuck around the stadium taking up seats. We all know what the score is, and by the little clocks in the corner, and the dozen clocks we all have on our phones, iPods etc we all know what time it is and how longs left, if score updates are so bad then put them on the screen that shows advertisements like they do at half time, if you want to see replays wait untill MOTD or whatever is on later is on, or go into the cocourse, fuck off with fucking our stadium up, it's bad enough that we have Shit Direct up on the Gallowgate and the name is being changed.

Guest toonlass

Why not man? They are above us all up in Level 7.

Cheers mate. Not everyone is singing about Ashley in Level 7 you know. Lovely bit of generalisation there (which isn't usually your style).

Shows theyre not fickle though doesnt it? That theyre not going to start kissing his ring just because we win a few games in a league we wouldnt even be in of it wasn't for the  Ashley inspired disaster that was 08/09.

If theres one criticism that cant be levelled at the LC its that they dont back the team.

Didn't say that, did I?

In the lower Milburn where theres loads of empty seats?

You're probably right, they'll be thinking do we put the scoreboard in the empty seats or do we put the scoreboard in that corner where they call me a fat cockney bastard.  It will be a tough choice if they look at it that way.  :nope:

Why not man? They are above us all up in Level 7.

Cheers mate. Not everyone is singing about Ashley in Level 7 you know. Lovely bit of generalisation there (which isn't usually your style).

It's not I know but more often than not I do tend to get a feel that a lot of the people on here who stand up there do feel they are above the rest of us who don't belong up there. I sing my heart out every game in the Gallowgate but at times it feels like the rest of the ground isn't worthy because of it.

so not chanting about him is kissing his ring ?

as for getting behind the team quite alot of it is taking the piss out of the oppositions fans and starting anti ashley stuff. i personally like the gallowgate/east stand corners response when the kids start with the anti ashley stuff.......they start chanting "newcastle newcastle newcastle"

Guest malandro

In the lower Milburn where there’s loads of empty seats?

You're probably right, they'll be thinking do we put the scoreboard in the empty seats or do we put the scoreboard in that corner where they call me a fat cockney b******.  It will be a tough choice if they look at it that way.  :nope:

They could put the TV in the Leazes Corner and move the singing section into the lower Millburn.

Guest malandro

If there’s one criticism that can’t be levelled at the LC it’s that they don’t back the team.

Didn't say that, did I?

So what point were you trying to make, that they can only sing about the owner when it’s 0-0?