NUFC Gutless/Spineless/Quitter XI

Crumpy Gunt

Given has no place in there- he stayed with us for years while we were absolute dogshit. I don't blame him at all for leaving.

Who would you pick instead of the two-time transfer requesting, ship jumping prick?

Why is he 'ship jumping'? It's not like he's a Newcastle fan, he saw a better offer and left, as most players do. He probably had some decent offers during his time but decided to stay put. He was solid for us and never gave anything less than 100%; I don't understad why some football fans think that players with no connection to a club have some sort of loyalty to stay the?re. Would you commit yourself to your current employer for life?

So he's a quitter. :thup:

Again, who would you pick instead?

Not at all, again, are you going to stay in the same job all of your life? Even if one came up allowing you greater satisfaction and more money? Given has no loyalty to Newcastle at all, it's a totally differnet situation to someone like Rooney.

I wouldn't pick anyone instead, because I think the 'quitter' part of the title is ridiculous, and I think we've actually had excellent keepers throughout the time I've supported the club.

He was under CONTRACT and basically was saying he wouldn't play for us again, more or less on strike and forcing us to sell him.

I loved him as a player but this outrageous behaviour means I'll not be welcoming him. He should have seen out the season and we would have sold him anyway.

Imagine if the club decided to tear up the contracts of some of the highly paid wasters, the players would be in uproar. Funny how it's OK when the shoe is on the other foot.

What a load of bollocks,

At the time the whole team was up for sale. NUFC said he was for sale for 14 mil  City offered 5, Given said he wanted to talk to them, City offered 5.8 we accepted, there was no strike and he didnt say he wouldnt play for us again.. we didnt have to accept 5.8.

"Shay feels compelled to consider his position in the light of the interest being expressed in him by Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham."

How can someone under contract "consider" their position? What does that mean?

The only time a player should be able to do any considering is when the contract is up.

Given has no place in there- he stayed with us for years while we were absolute dogshit. I don't blame him at all for leaving.

Who would you pick instead of the two-time transfer requesting, ship jumping prick?

Why is he 'ship jumping'? It's not like he's a Newcastle fan, he saw a better offer and left, as most players do. He probably had some decent offers during his time but decided to stay put. He was solid for us and never gave anything less than 100%; I don't understad why some football fans think that players with no connection to a club have some sort of loyalty to stay the?re. Would you commit yourself to your current employer for life?

So he's a quitter. :thup:

Again, who would you pick instead?

Not at all, again, are you going to stay in the same job all of your life? Even if one came up allowing you greater satisfaction and more money? Given has no loyalty to Newcastle at all, it's a totally differnet situation to someone like Rooney.

I wouldn't pick anyone instead, because I think the 'quitter' part of the title is ridiculous, and I think we've actually had excellent keepers throughout the time I've supported the club.

He was under CONTRACT and basically was saying he wouldn't play for us again, more or less on strike and forcing us to sell him.

I loved him as a player but this outrageous behaviour means I'll not be welcoming him. He should have seen out the season and we would have sold him anyway.

Imagine if the club decided to tear up the contracts of some of the highly paid wasters, the players would be in uproar. Funny how it's OK when the shoe is on the other foot.

What a load of bollocks,

At the time the whole team was up for sale. NUFC said he was for sale for 14 mil  City offered 5, Given said he wanted to talk to them, City offered 5.8 we accepted, there was no strike and he didnt say he wouldnt play for us again.. we didnt have to accept 5.8.

"Shay feels compelled to consider his position in the light of the interest being expressed in him by Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham."

How can someone under contract "consider" their position? What does that mean?

The only time a player should be able to do any considering is when the contract is up.

Consider his position could mean anything, It doesnt say he asked for a transfer or that he waouldnt play for the club again.

and going by whats classed as a quiter surely we should have Hughie Gallacher up front after all he wanted the move to Chelsea or maybe Solano or

maybe even any player who has left the club, I mean that Milburn fella what a quiter going off to be a player/coach in Belfast

how about an opposite to the quitters XI, a hangers on XI for those bastards who just wouldn't leave

Harper - stayed on the bench for a decade when he could've been first choice elsewhere

Hamilton - had to send him out on loan 5 fucking times before we finally pedalled him

Marcelino - hung around after bad fingernail break kept him out for the game for years

Dabiaz - harsh, but he basically did nothing in his last 12 months here, was going to be sold earlier but crashed his car on purpose so he could stay ;)

Brady - another one who had to spend seasons on loan cos no one was daft enough to pay money for him

Gavilan - we basically paid him to swan around south america for 3 years before shifting him

McClen - 14 games in 7 years

Butt - what are you still doing here?

Viana - had to send him on loan for 2 years before he'd bugger off for good

Shearer - stayed on a year after he was supposed to retire in order to get the goals target

Ameobi - will he ever leave?

In what way is Shearer Gutless/Spineless or a quitter!? What a bizzare choice.  :rolleyes:

I dont get Harper either, he strikes me as the type of guy who just wants a quiet life. He's not interested in moving away, or moving his family, he's not interested in higher wages or furthering his career. He's happy at the club he loves. Dosent mean he should be lauded as Spineless and gutless though.

In what way is Shearer Gutless/Spineless or a quitter!? What a bizzare choice.  :rolleyes:

I dont get Harper either, he strikes me as the type of guy who just wants a quiet life. He's not interested in moving away, or moving his family, he's not interested in higher wages or furthering his career. He's happy at the club he loves. Dosent mean he should be lauded as Spineless and gutless though.

serious?  ???

how about an opposite to the quitters XI, a hangers on XI for those bastards who just wouldn't leave

Harper - stayed on the bench for a decade when he could've been first choice elsewhere

Hamilton - had to send him out on loan 5 f***ing times before we finally pedalled him

Marcelino - hung around after bad fingernail break kept him out for the game for years

Dabiaz - harsh, but he basically did nothing in his last 12 months here, was going to be sold earlier but crashed his car on purpose so he could stay ;)

Brady - another one who had to spend seasons on loan cos no one was daft enough to pay money for him

Gavilan - we basically paid him to swan around south america for 3 years before shifting him

McClen - 14 games in 7 years

Butt - what are you still doing here?

Viana - had to send him on loan for 2 years before he'd bugger off for good

Shearer - stayed on a year after he was supposed to retire in order to get the goals target

Ameobi - will he ever leave?

Shameful to include him on a list like this. Has to be a WUM tactic.

Guest jonlane86

Gutless/Spineless/Quitter XI

Hislop

Domi

Distin

Geremi

N'Zogbia

Jenas

Hamaan

Dyer

Bellamy

Luque

Martins

Not quite sure what the thread is asking for, but this is my XI of players who really didn't look like they wanted to be there -

Hooper

Domi

Halliday

Boumsong

Pistone

Hodges

Bassedas

Maric

Luque

Xisco

Andersson

Glyn Hodges man of the match. To those not familiar with the name, we bought him from Wimbledon in the 1980's, and right from the start he seemed to be a man with a problem. We sold him back down south after about 6 weeks.

serious?  ???

Indeed I am.  ???

As shite as Boumsong was, you have to be a special breed of idiot or just completely angry with your life to call the lad spineless/a quitter.

Man, it is just that sort of contribution that earned you the worst poster award.

serious?  ???

Indeed I am.  ???

might want to read the first line of my post again!

P.S - This reason for Shearer is the exact opposite of being gutless, spineless or a quitter.

Keep trying though.  :rolleyes:

:lol: