In the mind of Shearer...

Guest guinness_fiend

Assuming you have time to eat, what is your favourite vegetable? Goodness me. What type of questions are these? [Exasperated] I should say peas, should I?

There’s no right or wrong answer, Alan, that’s the beauty of it. OK, peas.

Not Brussel sprouts? [Annoyed] Peas.

That's my favourite bit.

I think Shearer was a great asset in increasing your profile as a club overseas though. I remember Keegan's Newcastle, of course, but the moment where the Premier League started taking off in Spain Shearer was your #9, and he seemed to score every fucking week. He really put NUFC on the map for a lot of casual football fans.

I always mean to ask you VI - are you a fully-fledged NUFC sympathiser yet?

I think Shearer was a great asset in increasing your profile as a club overseas though. I remember Keegan's Newcastle, of course, but the moment where the Premier League started taking off in Spain Shearer was your #9, and he seemed to score every f***ing week. He really put NUFC on the map for a lot of casual football fans.

A plastic.

I think Shearer was a great asset in increasing your profile as a club overseas though. I remember Keegan's Newcastle, of course, but the moment where the Premier League started taking off in Spain Shearer was your #9, and he seemed to score every f***ing week. He really put NUFC on the map for a lot of casual football fans.

A plastic.

:lol:

Good answer. :thup:

Hi Andrey! You know I love football! And mostly because of you, I want to really thank you for that. But the problem is that I’m a girl, but I really love to play. A lot of people say that it’s a men's game. What shall I do? After all, I want to do it professionally. What do you think about girls playing football?

Arshavin: When girls like football, I think it’s ok. But I think that the level of women's football is too low to take it seriously.

oooooooooo

11. From kbkbz

Hello! Maybe my question would sound silly, but still: how many kilograms does a footballer lose during the whole game?

Arshavin: From two up to four kg.

hmmmm, was deffs different from Viduka like...wouldnt surprised me if he gained weight during a game tbh

Guest firetotheworks

Hi Andrey! You know I love football! And mostly because of you, I want to really thank you for that. But the problem is that I’m a girl, but I really love to play. A lot of people say that it’s a men's game. What shall I do? After all, I want to do it professionally. What do you think about girls playing football?

Arshavin: When girls like football, I think it’s ok. But I think that the level of women's football is too low to take it seriously.

oooooooooo

:lol: So true though.

The best times we ever had as a club were before Shearer arrived. The next best were under SBR who supposedly tried to flog him because of his pervasive influence. We ended up hiring Souness and flogging Bellamy instead.

Or because of the fact that he got offered £5 million for somebody who he thought was past his best. And he was right. Let us also forget we wouldn't have been anywhere near where we finished under SBR if it wasn't for Shearer's goals. Or the goals he scored that probably kept us in the Premiership under him.

I thought he did alright to be honest, nailed those bird-related questions about football and even coaxed a big laugh out of the assembled with his bird-related joke.

Actually found that bit when they asked him if he ever knew about that colour standardisation quite funny

:lol:

He had Christine frothing at the gash as well, it was blatantly obvious.

Guest malandro

The best times we ever had as a club were before Shearer arrived. The next best were under SBR who supposedly tried to flog him because of his pervasive influence. We ended up hiring Souness and flogging Bellamy instead.

Or because of the fact that he got offered £5 million for somebody who he thought was past his best. And he was right. Let us also forget we wouldn't have been anywhere near where we finished under SBR if it wasn't for Shearer's goals. Or the goals he scored that probably kept us in the Premiership under him.

The club started to fall apart after Shearer retired.  Coincidence?  I doubt it.

The club started to fall apart after Shearer retired.  Coincidence?  I doubt it.

I would say, the club fell apart just before that actually when Sir Bobby was sacked, or atleast started to.

Guest malandro

I would say, the club fell apart just before that actually when Sir Bobby was sacked, or atleast started to.

True, but we held things together until Shearer left, even managed to qualify for Europe in his last season. 

Guest malandro

In reality, the club was on the slide for about three years before Shearer left.

Yes, but it wasn’t until he left that the rot started to really show.

I know it was fashionable to knock shearer towards the end of his career, but all clubs need a figurehead. Somebody to set standards and command respect. It’s no coincidence when he came back he stated that ‘you’re not going to take the piss out of this football club’, for after he left there was nobody at the club of sufficient stature to keep the overpaid wasters we had on the books from taking the piss.

In reality, the club was on the slide for about three years before Shearer left.

Yes, but it wasnt until he left that the rot started to really show.

I know it was fashionable to knock shearer towards the end of his career, but all clubs need a figurehead. Somebody to set standards and command respect. Its no coincidence when he came back he stated that youre not going to take the piss out of this football club, for after he left there was nobody at the club of sufficient stature to keep the overpaid wasters we had on the books from taking the piss.

Unfortunately it wasn't fashionable to knock Shearer towards the end of his career. Even when he looked like he was running through treacle, most fans still supported him and it was that hero status that kept him in the first team for two seasons too long. The failure to deal with Shearer's retirement properly cost us our best manager and started our decline.

^ That place is normally full of the My Brothers, girlfriends, dads, cousins friend who was in the RAF, his daughter met shearer and said he was a cunt.

Congratulating Julio Arca man, that would have been just after Shearer had smashed one in on the way to a 4-1 thumping in your own back yard then?  :lol: