Streaming Football Matches

Tooj

May be good to have 3 or 4 each on offer weekend from each league but I don't think being able to watch every game would be great.

I'd love to be able to, but it just doesn't feel right. Want to still have to go to the game to see it rather than end up just going for 'the experience', which it would be if you could watch it anywhere you wanted. Think it should still be a necessity to have to go to see a lot of games.

Different rules then, but for UK customers only the away team should be able to stream them.

How do you enforce that?

I think Bet365 manage it, our match yesterday was available to overseas users.

I'd kill for a reliable legal streaming service. Living away from toon I get to as many games as I can, but being able to watch the rest properly would be amazing.

I share the concerns about affecting crowds, but not sure how real that danger is.

The argument that streaming football matches will reduce attendances holds no water to me. Someone references the NFL, and obviously every game still sells out years in advance there. It's not the best example, with only 8 home games a year. Baseball, I think, proves the point better. 162 games a year, literally play every day during the season. You can get every game in the country streamed online for the last few years, and yet, attendances have hit record highs each of the same seasons. People who want to go to matches for the experience will still go as long as they can afford it, no matter what. If you live in Newcastle, and had the ability to watch matches online, wouldn't you still go to every game you could?

Guest neesy111

I'd kill for a reliable legal streaming service. Living away from toon I get to as many games as I can, but being able to watch the rest properly would be amazing.

I share the concerns about affecting crowds, but not sure how real that danger is.

they'd said sky would affect tv crowds, hasn't really imo

Aye, fair points, in fact allowing more people to access decent quality football might actually promote the game and help live attendences.

I'd definitely pay for something, the NUFC radio commentary just doesn't cut it when there are certain alternative video streaming options for most games anyway.

I would want it to show every game though, not just the ones that aren't on Sky/BBC.

The big clubs would just pull even further away if this was allowed to happen. Imagine the extra revenue the likes of Man Utd & Liverpool would rake in from this compared to the rest of us? Don't see a problem with how it is at the moment, and if this was to ever happen, as someone mentioned, think it should only apply for away fixtures.

The only way it would work is if it came from Sky, that way the clubs get the same amount of money.

Like Nut says, if they're given the live rights to their own games, the 'big clubs' would rake in millions in subscriptions and advertising revenue.

The only way it would work is if it came from Sky, that way the clubs get the same amount of money.

Like Nut says, if they're given the live rights to their own games, the 'big clubs' would rake in millions in subscriptions and advertising revenue.

So what? Wouldn't they be entitled to it?

I've subscribed to a paid sports channel in NL a few years ago when I couldn't go to the matches anymore, just to be able to follow Newcastle. Unfortunately, as we are no longer in the Prem I am now paying 30 Euros a month for something I don't use, and watch Newcastle on shitty streams whenever I can. I would definately pay good money for a high quality, reliable legal streaming service.

The NHL offers this as well. It's called NHL Gamecenter Live in the US and ESPN has it for the international market. As a Swede I pay approximately 12 pounds per month and get to watch every single NHL game during both the regular season and the play offs.. It's great tbh. Great quality aswell.

Different rules then, but for UK customers only the away team should be able to stream them.

How do you enforce that?

I work at bet365 and have seen a lot of our matches this season on livestream. Sadly it's only for overseas users as already mentioned.

The only reason why I can see them, is that i've been at work while we were playing.

The NHL offers this as well. It's called NHL Gamecenter Live in the US and ESPN has it for the international market. As a Swede I pay approximately 12 pounds per month and get to watch every single NHL game during both the regular season and the play offs.. It's great tbh. Great quality aswell.

That's incredible, being able to watch football like that is the stuff of dreams.

How do you enforce that?

I work at bet365 and have seen a lot of our matches this season on livestream. Sadly it's only for overseas users as already mentioned.

The only reason why I can see them, is that i've been at work while we were playing.

Unfortunately not for me in living in China, just pisses me off that I can't get to see Newcastle play. I would definitely pay for a quality streaming service.

The NFL games are 'blackouts' if they don't sell out (or reach a certain percentage of sold tix?). Just do the same here imo. Fuck all this ridiculous changing of game times, just show games on tv at 3PM on a Saturday if the ground is 90% full.

That's incredible, being able to watch football like that is the stuff of dreams.

As I said it's really good. I think they've upped the bitrate now as well. Something like 2200-3600 kbps I think. As for the blackouts, that don't apply for the NHL. Which is very good for us overseas fans.