Streaming Football Matches

Tooj

Premier League will no longer be "free" for Norwegians after the TV channel TV2 secured the rights for the next three years. They aim to mostly generate their income from the PL through their streaming service, TV2 Sumo, rather than the matches that they will send on PPW TV.

TV rights will be the sticking point, its such big money clubs will not be interested in doing it themselves when someone else can have all the hassle and the club will be payed for nothing..

If it happens it will be a sky thing, buy a season ticket for your club for online viewing only, if they offered an away game one I would be interested.

NCAA March Madness is all streamed live on the NCAA website. Every game.  For Free

Why oh why can't we have some real online coverage.

Aye, that too!

I don't exactly expect that as far as Premier League football goes... would be nice like :D

Different rules then, but for UK customers only the away team should be able to stream them.

How do you enforce that?

I think Bet365 manage it, our match yesterday was available to overseas users.

Should do it how the NFL do some of there games. Set an amount of tickets that need to be sold then when they reach that point allow the teams offical site to stream the game.

• 2 months later...

Norwegian channel TV2 who's bought the rights to the PL from the next season onwards here in Norway is going to stream every PL match on their online streaming service, TV2 Sumo. It's well nice.

Norwegian channel TV2 who's bought the rights to the PL from the next season onwards here in Norway is going to stream every PL match on their online streaming service, TV2 Sumo. It's well nice.

Might be time for me to apply for a position at our Norwegian offices then. Would be lovely if Viasat could do the same here in Sweden.

are they streaming all the games live?

Yeah, thought that was clear enough.

No not really, theres plenty of streams where the games arent "live"

But that wouldn't be worth bumping this thread for, man.

FFS i was just asking if they were showing the games live, thats all, a simple yes would have done.

Can you tell me where you heard this from, if thats OK, cant find any info from the usual places. Thanks.

Nothing more usual than TV2s own website. http://msn.tv2sporten.no/fotball/england/se-tv-2s-premier-leaguepresentasjon-3211504.html

FFS i was just asking if they were showing the games live, thats all, a simple yes would have done.

Can you tell me where you heard this from, if thats OK, cant find any info from the usual places. Thanks.

Nothing more usual than TV2s own website. http://msn.tv2sporten.no/fotball/england/se-tv-2s-premier-leaguepresentasjon-3211504.html

That doesnt say that ALL the games will be shown LIVE. Which is what I wanted to know originally.

They would have to potentially show 10 games at once, I'd be very suprised if that was the case.

It's heavily implied. But ah well, we'll know for sure after their press release tomorrow at 10.

More info released today.

All matched will be broadcasted live on TV 2. If 10 matches, they will have 10 different channals with each match.

All streamed live on the web, TV 2 Sumo.

Its now down to each distributors to choose how they will set this up.

If its so good as they say on the press conference today, i think Norway will get best coverage of PL the next 3 seasons.

Hope the price end up good, guess not :weep:

so, say for example someone in the UK had access to  this TV2 would they be able to watch PL games next season ?

so, say for example someone in the UK had access to  this TV2 would they be able to watch PL games next season ?

Pretty sure its controlled by IP addresses. Like BBC/sky have in UK.

In your face jonbobson.

If you say so mate?

Still be surprised if EVERY game gets streamed LIVE on the net, but we will see.

Personally I will be able to watch via satellite, and if TV2 show all the games that way then great, however there are plenty others such as sky italy, nova greec etc etc.

Just shows that the interest in our league is growing and growing.

:lol: How much confirmation do you need from TV2 to believe what they are saying and announcing as their PL offer? "They're showing every game live?! Even after telling us this at the press conference they hosted to tell us about it?! Oh my, I'm so very surprised. Never saw that coming."

:lol:

In your face jonbobson.

If you say so mate?

Still be surprised if EVERY game gets streamed LIVE on the net, but we will see.

Personally I will be able to watch via satellite, and if TV2 show all the games that way then great, however there are plenty others such

as sky italy, nova greec etc etc.

Just shows that the interest in our league is growing and growing.

:lol: How much confirmation do you need from TV2 to believe what they are saying and announcing as their PL offer? "They're showing every game live?! Even after telling us this at the press conference they hosted to tell us about it?! Oh my, I'm so very surprised. Never saw that coming."

:lol:

f*** me, sorry like, but you must have a problem with what I'm saying somehow.

read this slowly a couple of times, it may sink in.

Still be surprised if EVERY game gets streamed LIVE on the

net, but we will see

I KNOW and I'm aware they plan to show them all via satellite, there is a difference.

I was just curious, wish I hadnt of f***ing bothered tbh.

Read this slowly and maybe it will sink in. EVERY FUCKING GAME WILL BE STREAMED LIVE ON THE NET.

It's the reason we are in this thread discussing it in the first place. It was heavily implied before the press conference, and confirmed during/after.

It's however NOT confirmed that satelitte customers will get it as only cable companies have agreed a deal with TV2 at the moment. Viasat and Canal Digital have NOT agreed deals with TV2 yet. Neither have GET. This means that if they do not reach an agreement, though obviously they eventually will, 2.3 Million Norwegians will not be able to watch the PL on TV and will have to watch it on Sumo, where every PL match will be shown live. It was literally the focal point of their press conference and their major selling point for their Sumo offer.

And yeah, I have a problem when I was hoping to debate the fact that Norway has an offer for next season to stream all matches live in regards to what the topic is about, how streaming might be the way forward for the PL, and someone comes along and spouts all kind of nonsense not managing to realize the aforementioned fact even after it's been announced officially.