Player of the Season - José Enrique

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coloccini.

Enrique has been better, but missed quite a bit of the season through injury. Coloccini deserves credit for maintaining his form over such a long period, I can't even remember now whether he was shaky or not at the start of the campaign because his form over the past 6+ months has been exceptional.

Jonas third, Harper fourth, Guthrie fifth, and the rest have been alright.

Think there shouldn't be a player of the season this year (I've voted too, but anyway) because I think not a single player should be pointed out but the whole team. Because it is the whole team that is leader of the table and (almost) everyone played a real part in it. Of course some (like Colo, Enrique) were better than others but I think it's the team mentality that's really great this season. 

Simpson is probably our worst player in the regular starting XI nowadays.

Agree with this, he's not, at this stage, convincing me that he's a Premier League player.

Voted Enrique. Though it was really tight between him and Colo. Honourable mentions to Lovenkrands and Guttierez who have been instrumental in our forward play, and if Routledge had been here since the summer I'd have him right up there too as he looks very threatening.

• 3 weeks later...

How does Kevin Nolan only have 4 votes, its beyond me, he has been our most important player and goalscorer before Carroll and Lovenkrands got their shit together and started scoring in January, I know he hasnt contributed much from midfield, but Nolan's best position will always be right behind the striker for me, putting yesterdays goal aside, he has played the part this season.

Guest firetotheworks

If you held a gun to my head I'd say Colo, but its so tight I'd say they're both level.

Colo just edges it from Enrique.

Jose just misses out because his passing is still a tad too inconsistent. Colo has been class, I hope he gets the armband in one of the remaining games.

You're right about Enrique's passing, but last night his distribution was phenomenal!! At points when he turned and drove forward, and slipped players in with through balls (3 or 4 occasions), it was like watching a better version of Stevie G  :pow:

At least we know he has it in him, and it's an area he needs to work on.

Jose's passing was excellent, especially the couple of through balls he put through but thought his crossing was poor,  currently his weakest part of his game, if he can improve his crossing then he's going to be some player!

Guest firetotheworks

How does Kevin Nolan only have 4 votes, its beyond me, he has been our most important player and goalscorer before Carroll and Lovenkrands got their s*** together and started scoring in January, I know he hasnt contributed much from midfield, but Nolan's best position will always be right behind the striker for me, putting yesterdays goal aside, he has played the part this season.

For me it's because his primary job is to be a midfielder, and aside from his goals (I know that sounds daft) he hasn't done his job properly. Colo and Enrique's job is to defend, both have done it superbly, and both have went beyond that and worked in an attacking sense too. If Nolan had scored those goals, and been as good as Guthrie, I think you'd see waaaay more votes for him.