"Zidane not good enough to be a First Division player"

Optimistic Nut

So that's now Zidane, Shearer, Saha, Carrick and Ramsey that we've let slip through our fingers.

Bloody hell...  :kinnear:

You honestly believe some horrible little cunt agent that we turned down a player who was currently a full French international (having just played in Euro 96) for £1m and said he wasn't good enough to play in League One? ??? :nope:

Not sure about that story, we also have one about Zidane being linked to us at the exact same time but us preferring Dugarry  :facepalm:

It looks like every club has their Zidane rejection folk tale.

Aye but you end up getting them anyway you rich bastards! :lol:

/jealousy

So that's now Zidane, Shearer, Saha, Carrick and Ramsey that we've let slip through our fingers.

You honestly both believe some horrible little c*** agent that we turned down a player who was currently a full French international (having just played in Euro 96) for £1m and said he wasn't good enough to play in League One? ??? :nope:

Not being pedantic or anything but he means First Division (Championship now).

You honestly both believe some horrible little c*** agent that we turned down a player who was currently a full French international (having just played in Euro 96) for £1m and said he wasn't good enough to play in League One? ??? :nope:

Not being pedantic or anything but he means First Division (Championship now).

Yeah I know, I should have said First Division (didn't want to call it the Championship since as you say it wasn't called that back then).

Didn't Keegan also turn down Hyppia before he went to Liverpool? Newcastle also turned down Schmeical when he was still playing in Denmark.

McFaul was after Schmeichel for a while. Don't think we were in a position to turn him down at all. Strange that he didnt go back for him when we bought Beasant although Schmeichel hadn't been at Brondy long then.

Guest firetotheworks

You honestly believe some horrible little c*** agent that we turned down a player who was currently a full French international (having just played in Euro 96) for £1m and said he wasn't good enough to play in League One? ??? :nope:

I believe it as much as the others. As in I dont fully know, you're kidding yourself to claim you know either way, just because someone's a cunt.

I see what you're saying btw, but it's a bit of a random one to make up isn't it?

Like has been said, he dislikes the club because of what happened with Acuna.  He mentioned Blackburn but I don't see him going into detail about that.  My guess would be there's some truth in him being offered to clubs including us with the details being bullshit in order to get his name in the papers.

You honestly believe some horrible little c*** agent that we turned down a player who was currently a full French international (having just played in Euro 96) for £1m and said he wasn't good enough to play in League One? ??? :nope:

I believe it as much as the others. As in I dont fully know, you're kidding yourself to claim you know either way, just because someone's a cunt.

Did I say I know anything? ???  Sorry I was looking at something logically again, not the best thing to do in this forum.  The more prudent course of action would have been to accept the word of a utter tosspot no matter how ridiculous the story.

Guest firetotheworks

I believe it as much as the others. As in I dont fully know, you're kidding yourself to claim you know either way, just because someone's a c***.

Did I say I know anything? ???  Sorry I was looking at something logically again, not the best thing to do in this forum.

:rolleyes: Then why ask if I believe it?

Actually, don't answer. I honestly don't care.

How well a player does also depends on the style of football you play, how you bring them on, where they fit in the team, etc.

If Zidane hadn't signed for Juve would he have been the same player?

Impossible to say.

As it happens, we're shite at developing talent anyway.

How many years was Milner here without ever learning to cross a football?

it's probably bollocks. i remember hearing that whoever was in charge of blackburn at the time wanted to sign him but the chairman vetoed it, saying 'what do you want zidane for, we've got tim sherwood'. it's the first i've heard of newcastle being linked and you'd have to think if that was true then ginola would have known all about zizou and you'd have thought keegan would have asked what he thought of him.

and as for silkman, words fail me to convey how much of a scumbag he is. nobody has the right to belittle a cancer sufferer like that. i hope he's ashamed of himself (but he probably won't be)

:angry:

Guest Stephen927

Surely every club has a huge list of players they've rejected that turned out to be brilliant... it's inevitable unless you sign everyone offered to you.

True. I think most top flight clubs have similar missed opportunities.

Guest firetotheworks

Surely every club has a huge list of players they've rejected that turned out to be brilliant... it's inevitable unless you sign everyone offered to you.

True. I think most top flight clubs have similar missed opportunities.

Everton turning down Rush is the one that Springs to mind. Man United and Everton with Beardsley too.