Doncaster v Newcastle - 19:45 Tuesday 23/03/10 pre-match thread

Guest toonlass

I wonder if he is still a fucking psychopath.

I see a repeat of my experience with him on FM

'Oh I need a midfielder, sack it, I'll give Joey another chance, he's been working hard. Needs a run-out for the reserves first. Go get 'em lad!'

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/TaylorJ_01/joey.jpg

Last time Joey Barton played at Donny

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05/20/article-1020708-02EC0D7D0000044D-338_468x286.jpg

I'm pretty sure their is a few clubs where you will have a similar picture of the last time Barton played against them.

This was a pre-season game in July 2004 I am sure he has changed his ways now. KK after that game:

Angry Manchester City boss Kevin Keegan launched into Joey Barton after the midfielder narrowly escaped dismissal in the friendly at Doncaster.

Barton sparked a 10-man brawl by hacking at Rovers' Paul Green, forcing Keegan to replace him at half-time.

Keegan said: "I told him the truth - you either play football or you come off. There is no choice.

"If we had been away from home in the Premiership and he did that, he would have been sent off."

Barton clashed with Rovers' skipper John Doolan in the opening minutes of the 1-1 draw at Belle Vue.

The spiky City midfielder then launched into Green as he attempted to shield the ball between his legs.

Barton was yellow-carded, along with Rovers goalscorer Leo Fortune-West for a retaliatory tackle which left the City midfielder limping.

As Rovers marked Barton out for special treatment, Keegan refused to show any sympathy for his young midfielder.

Keegan said: "He thinks he can look after himself but when you get in this division and start doing things like that, people sort you out - and that's what they did.

"I don't want to stop him being tenacious but I do want him focused on what football is all about.

"I have a problem with any player who just wants to go out and be physical all the time. There is no future in that.

"He has a nasty knock but hopefully he will learn from it because if he wants to fight, there are a lot of pretty tough players out there."

In the 10 minutes following Barton's ill-advised tackle, Danny Mills, Steve McManaman and Richard Dunne all looked like getting dragged into petty feuds but fortunately the game settled down once the half hour mark passed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/3923995.stm

GK - Harper

RB - Simpson

LB - Enrique

CB - Coloccini

CB - Kadar

RM - Routledge

LM - Jonas

CM - Nolan

CM - Guthrie

CF - Best

CF - Carroll (Ranger)

That midfield should be too much for Doncaster in my opinion.

Potentially 2 weeks from the Premier League and the only fit strikers in our squad are Nile Ranger and Leon Best, you couldn't make it up.

Looks like Nolan moving up the pitch and Barton coming into the team.

Potentially 2 weeks from the Premier League and the only fit strikers in our squad are Nile Ranger and Leon Best, you couldn't make it up.

we were due some headlines werent we! tings have been to quiet round our place for a while now.

Very nervous about tonights game, if we could get the three points it would be huge, if not i can see a wobble with everything that has gone on.

i'd be surprised if he started barton after so long out.

Guest icemanblue

Carroll had surgery yesterday. I doubt he'll be in the squad for tonighht.

I'm told he is but Enrique isn't which is why they're pressing Williamson back quickly so kadar can play left back.

What's up with Jose? Deemed to sexy to play in consecutive matches?

Having initially remained on Tyneside following the events of Sunday, we understand that Andy Carroll has now linked up with the rest of the Newcastle squad and is available to play at Doncaster Rovers tonight.

Where's that from?

Having initially remained on Tyneside following the events of Sunday, we understand that Andy Carroll has now linked up with the rest of the Newcastle squad and is available to play at Doncaster Rovers tonight.

Where's that from?

.com

Well, I'll be quite pleased if he plays as he is the only striker we've got that will score. Couldn't give a shit about discipling him just want us to win and get promotion.

Agree. Fine him massively, no point in punishing the whole team and the fans. Depending of course on the effect on team morale if he plays or not as well.

I'm told he is but Enrique isn't which is why they're pressing Williamson back quickly so kadar can play left back.

Looked knackered on saturday mind, source doesn't say whats wrong probably just being eased back in after his injury really.

Guest icemanblue

Looked knackered on saturday mind, source doesn't say whats wrong probably just being eased back in after his injury really.

Aye, fair point. I'll stick with the 'too sexy' line.