Fight/bust up at the training ground?

binnsy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you know that Hughton hasn't fined Carroll two weeks wages?

He shouldn't be allowed to play, the club have condoned his actions by playing him.  Carroll has history, he’s assaulted his girl friend and allegedly stuck a glass in somebody’s face.  He should be behind bars for what he’s done if this is over texts and bragging, never mind a fine of two weeks wages.  He’s been photographed with bandages on both hands so it was a sustained attack and not one hit.

If that moron assaults anybody in the near future then the club has played a part in it as they are allowing him to do that by covering for him.  If Carroll assaults anybody then everybody who has supported Carroll over this has played a part in his future actions because he shouldn’t be in a position to do it again.

By the looks of his hands in that photo, it wasn't a quick one, two  and over with. It's obviously Carrol has had some lessons from Joey Barton. Next it'll be cigar in the eye.

How long had Taylor been out his cast a few days, so more than likely still limping. Has the cowardly hall marks of Bartonesq hit.

Guest Mantis

It isn't even difficult to deal with this.  Clearly an assault has taken place. In the real world if that happened in an office then at least The Chav would have been suspended pending an investigation. But hey this is NUFC, where indiscipline reigns supreme.  This idiot has realised he can score goals in the Championship and is billy big nuts all of a sudden.  I couldn't give a shit if they get rid of taylor, but if he goes, hopefully Carrol goes as well.  If anybody thinks he wil be any use to us in the Prem they are kidding themselves. 

Apart from the club clearly not suspending AC I would have hoped as a minimum the Police would be investigating this.  Justice comes around one way or another.

Guest toonlass

Tbh I thought that the police have the power to arrest someone even if the victim says they don't want action taken. Wonder why that hasn't happened?

Tbh I thought that the police have the power to arrest someone even if the victim says they don't want action taken. Wonder why that hasn't happened?

because if there were no other witnesses they know that if taylor says nowt then they have no case

Guest Mantis

because if there were no other witnesses they know that if taylor says nowt then they have no case

It seems Arsene Wenger Syndrome has hit the training ground.  Just makes the silent witnesses as bad as the brawlers tbh.  Just strengthens my belief that I couldn't give a shit about any of the players, they just happen to have control over the destiny of our club.

It seems Arsene Wenger Syndrome has hit the training ground.  Just makes the silent witnesses as bad as the brawlers tbh.  Just strengthens my belief that I couldn't give a s*** about any of the players, they just happen to have control over the destiny of our club.

we dont know if there were any witnesses. the main one ,taylor deciding to say nowt.

It seems Arsene Wenger Syndrome has hit the training ground.  Just makes the silent witnesses as bad as the brawlers tbh.  Just strengthens my belief that I couldn't give a s*** about any of the players, they just happen to have control over the destiny of our club.

we dont know if there were any witnesses. the main one ,taylor deciding to say nowt.

Shh....just keep slagging off the state of the club and the country as a whole.  Little things like evidence aren't needed.

Shh....just keep slagging off the state of the club and the country as a whole.  Little things like evidence aren't needed.

what you waffling on about ?

what you waffling on about ?

Never mind.  :lol:

:lol:

So the club should sort out matters of internal discipline in public just so that you can see whether they're doing it your way?

The jokes on you if you think GBH is a matter of internal discipline.

The post I was responding to was about the club's actions, not those of the legal system.

Is the idea that taylor's a c*** just from the e-mail going around that he was a dick to Carroll in the jaw incident. He's never come across especially dickish to me.

There is no way of knowing why it came about.

its the crowd needing the good guy and the bad guy going on assumptions. BTW Carrol would be the bad guy by the by those who think he is the good guy if his current form was s***. If taylor had've been playing he'd be the good guy to a lot of those who currently are calling him the bad guy. vice versa etc.

Also this assumption that Taylor got slapped about because of a broken jaw is BS. And probably annoys Taylor and Carroll who I reckon wishes there were no bones broken, and it was just an in house punch up that settled any tension that had been going on.

Again for all we know Taylor could have been kicking the crap out of Carrol and Carrol caught him. But the broken jaw gave an imagined narrative.

Imaginations are running riot, yet we know f***ing nowt.

I agree with you we know nowt but hey its a football forum and its great too speculate  :thup:

People are being naive to the extreme believing that this 'disciplining' choice would have been down to Hughton. He may have had input, but ultimately it would have been Ashley calling the shots as it's his dough riding on the return to the greedy club.

So Hughton doesn't care about getting us promoted?

Not sure how you managed to come up with that.

Read the bit in bold again and you'll see that I was saying that they've probably discussed the matter, but Ashley would have probably had the final say.

It might not be that way, but going on past events, there's a high chance that's what happened.

Don't know if this has been posted. If true and Taylor wants to leave and Hughton has decided that he wants Carroll to stay than I think he's done the right decision.

We can buy a new defender for not much money. We already have Coloccini, Williamson and Kadar. But buying two new strikers (I think we would need a new striker anyway) could be very hard for us right after promotion.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/27/steven-taylor-andy-carroll-newcastle

Steven Taylor is understood to feel badly betrayed by Newcastle United and now believes he has no future at the club. The former England Under-21 centre-half had his jaw broken in an alleged altercation with a team-mate, striker Andy Carroll last Sunday. Taylor, who spent two nights in hospital and required surgery, has been dismayed by the support Carroll is receiving both from within St James' Park and from Newcastle's supporters.

It seems Chris Hughton, Newcastle's manager – who resolutely refuses to comment on the incident – accepts the two Geordies can no longer work together and has decided the centre-forward is the player he wants to keep.

Carroll, currently on bail following an alleged nightclub assault and facing a crown court appearance on an actual bodily harm charge at the end of next month, was controversially selected to play at Doncaster last Tuesday night.

After Carroll scored the winner, Hughton – who rarely singles out players – praised his contribution. By Thursday night Carroll was photographed out on the town in Manchester at a rap concert, sporting bandages on both hands.

Back home in Newcastle Taylor was feeding through a straw and turning down requests to photograph his newly wired jaw. Those close to the player, arguably Newcastle's best defender, do not buy the view that he provoked Carroll in what is thought to have been an argument over a woman.

Carroll is thought to be part of a powerful dressing-room clique that Taylor has never really fitted into. Kevin Nolan is a key figure inside St James' Park and, significantly, the midfielder now shares an agent with Carroll. Taylor, meanwhile, was perhaps always too close to Hughton's predecessor Alan Shearer for the former Tottenham coach's liking. Taylor has only 14 months left on his contract and Newcastle are unhappy about the prospect of him leaving on a Bosman transfer in the summer of 2011. Selling him now would give them the chance to avoid doing so.

With a return to the Premier League now almost within touching distance, Hughton – whose side are at home to Nottingham Forest tomorrow night in a key Championship promotion clash – does not want either to disturb the dressing room's political power balance or risk jeopardising results by dropping a striker currently on a hot scoring streak.

Even so Carroll's continued involvement appears a thoroughly depressing victory for pragmatism over principles and Hughton has surely been diminished by the entire sorry affair.

Newcastle's manager won a UN commendation for anti-apartheid campaigning but as Carroll waved insouciantly to fans at Doncaster it seemed Hughton had suddenly lost sight of the bigger picture.

After doing brilliantly to keep Newcastle top of the table this season, he now looks weak and it is not impossible that this affair could yet spark a chain of events that may lead to him being replaced by a manager such as Mark Hughes or Steve McClaren next season.

Certainly in some uncannily prophetic comments a few weeks ago, Shearer spelt out a message his successor as Newcastle's manager should have been making plain. "Andy has a lot of talent but he needs to improve in almost every area," said Shearer. "There are also one or two things going on off the pitch he has to sort out. When you're in his position you can't keep making mistakes."

It is only thanks to Taylor's desire not to damage his home-town team's promotion bid that he declined to take part in the police investigation into the incident.

Meanwhile Hughton's handling of the affair raises questions as to whether Newcastle really have the right manager for the long term.

The death of objective journalism :facepalm:

He shouldn't be allowed to play, the club have condoned his actions by playing him.  Carroll has history, hes assaulted his girl friend and allegedly stuck a glass in somebodys face.  He should be behind bars for what hes done if this is over texts and bragging, never mind a fine of two weeks wages.  Hes been photographed with bandages on both hands so it was a sustained attack and not one hit.

If that moron assaults anybody in the near future then the club has played a part in it as they are allowing him to do that by covering for him.  If Carroll assaults anybody then everybody who has supported Carroll over this has played a part in his future actions because he shouldnt be in a position to do it again.

The way they've acted with Barton, it really doesn't suprise me. That little scrotum should have been out the door months ago.

He shouldn't be allowed to play, the club have condoned his actions by playing him.  Carroll has history, he’s assaulted his girl friend and allegedly stuck a glass in somebody’s face.  He should be behind bars for what he’s done if this is over texts and bragging, never mind a fine of two weeks wages.  He’s been photographed with bandages on both hands so it was a sustained attack and not one hit.

If that moron assaults anybody in the near future then the club has played a part in it as they are allowing him to do that by covering for him.  If Carroll assaults anybody then everybody who has supported Carroll over this has played a part in his future actions because he shouldn’t be in a position to do it again.

The way they've acted with Barton, it really doesn't suprise me. That little scrotum should have been out the door months ago.

I know Hughton wasn't everyone's first choice but that's a bit harsh.

:pow:

Guest malandro

Don't know if this has been posted. If true and Taylor wants to leave and Hughton has decided that he wants Carroll to stay than I think he's done the right decision.

We can buy a new defender for not much money. We already have Coloccini, Williamson and Kadar. But buying two new strikers (I think we would need a new striker anyway) could be very hard for us right after promotion.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/27/steven-taylor-andy-carroll-newcastle

Steven Taylor is understood to feel badly betrayed by Newcastle United and now believes he has no future at the club. The former England Under-21 centre-half had his jaw broken in an alleged altercation with a team-mate, striker Andy Carroll last Sunday. Taylor, who spent two nights in hospital and required surgery, has been dismayed by the support Carroll is receiving both from within St James' Park and from Newcastle's supporters.

It seems Chris Hughton, Newcastle's manager – who resolutely refuses to comment on the incident – accepts the two Geordies can no longer work together and has decided the centre-forward is the player he wants to keep.

Carroll, currently on bail following an alleged nightclub assault and facing a crown court appearance on an actual bodily harm charge at the end of next month, was controversially selected to play at Doncaster last Tuesday night.

After Carroll scored the winner, Hughton – who rarely singles out players – praised his contribution. By Thursday night Carroll was photographed out on the town in Manchester at a rap concert, sporting bandages on both hands.

Back home in Newcastle Taylor was feeding through a straw and turning down requests to photograph his newly wired jaw. Those close to the player, arguably Newcastle's best defender, do not buy the view that he provoked Carroll in what is thought to have been an argument over a woman.

Carroll is thought to be part of a powerful dressing-room clique that Taylor has never really fitted into. Kevin Nolan is a key figure inside St James' Park and, significantly, the midfielder now shares an agent with Carroll. Taylor, meanwhile, was perhaps always too close to Hughton's predecessor Alan Shearer for the former Tottenham coach's liking. Taylor has only 14 months left on his contract and Newcastle are unhappy about the prospect of him leaving on a Bosman transfer in the summer of 2011. Selling him now would give them the chance to avoid doing so.

With a return to the Premier League now almost within touching distance, Hughton – whose side are at home to Nottingham Forest tomorrow night in a key Championship promotion clash – does not want either to disturb the dressing room's political power balance or risk jeopardising results by dropping a striker currently on a hot scoring streak.

Even so Carroll's continued involvement appears a thoroughly depressing victory for pragmatism over principles and Hughton has surely been diminished by the entire sorry affair.

Newcastle's manager won a UN commendation for anti-apartheid campaigning but as Carroll waved insouciantly to fans at Doncaster it seemed Hughton had suddenly lost sight of the bigger picture.

After doing brilliantly to keep Newcastle top of the table this season, he now looks weak and it is not impossible that this affair could yet spark a chain of events that may lead to him being replaced by a manager such as Mark Hughes or Steve McClaren next season.

Certainly in some uncannily prophetic comments a few weeks ago, Shearer spelt out a message his successor as Newcastle's manager should have been making plain. "Andy has a lot of talent but he needs to improve in almost every area," said Shearer. "There are also one or two things going on off the pitch he has to sort out. When you're in his position you can't keep making mistakes."

It is only thanks to Taylor's desire not to damage his home-town team's promotion bid that he declined to take part in the police investigation into the incident.

Meanwhile Hughton's handling of the affair raises questions as to whether Newcastle really have the right manager for the long term.

There’s no such thing, they all have an agenda of one description or another. Look at TH, their attitude to all things NUFC clearly changed after the Sunday Sun got banned. The best journos spin the facts to suit whatever drum they want to bang, the worst make stuff up.

LT doesn’t like NUFC but that doesn’t automatically mean her latest tirade isn’t based on some elements of truth. If you strip away the agenda what’s left is a highly plausible picture of a club where a small group of players have far too much influence, one where silence masks a growing impression of indiscipline and a manager who appears to be condoning serious violence. 

As I said yesterday I’d love to know what Hughton would done if Carroll had broken Nolan’s jaw.

As I said yesterday I’d love to know what Hughton would done if Carroll had broken Nolan’s jaw.

Exactly the same. Manage the team to get the club results as is his job, and let the internal investigation and any external investigations assess the facts and dictate the futures of the players involved.

And rightly so.

Exactly the same. Manage the team to get the club results as is his job, and let the internal investigation and any external investigations assess the facts and dictate the futures of the players involved.

And rightly so.

:thup:

my mind will change on this if Taylor is forced to leave because of it. I was quite happy to ignore it if it had been sorted out in house, but Taylor having to leave will be nothing short of disgracefull.

I'm not for banning/selling players for incidents like this if they can be sorted out in house and it be the end of the matter, football itself has no morals and it would simply mean another team benefiited from our stance a la bellamy, we have been in decline since we sold him and he has gone on to bigger and better things, and to be a better player. I see no benefit in that for nufc, at all. this doesn't mean it's correct, it's just the way the game is.

Taylor being forced to leave though (if true) puts a very different spin on things.

There’s no such thing, they all have an agenda of one description or another. Look at TH, their attitude to all things NUFC clearly changed after the Sunday Sun got banned. The best journos spin the facts to suit whatever drum they want to bang, the worst make stuff up.

LT doesn’t like NUFC but that doesn’t automatically mean her latest tirade isn’t based on some elements of truth. If you strip away the agenda what’s left is a highly plausible picture of a club where a small group of players have far too much influence, one where silence masks a growing impression of indiscipline and a manager who appears to be condoning serious violence.  

It was more the ridiculous comparison of a fight between team mates and apartheid that had me. Complete fucking tosh and borderline offensive too.