Sunderland...

Heron

I've got no problem with city to be honest, not sure where the have comes from. Certainly wouldn't support the Mackems against them.

How dare they use their money in order to progress!

I'm bitterly jealous of their riches, of course, but I don't have a problem with what they're doing really. How the fuck else are you supposed to get places in today's game? Money talks.

Guest localhero87

I've got no problem with city to be honest, not sure where the have comes from. Certainly wouldn't support the Mackems against them.

MONEY MONEY MONEY...and the jealousy that the haters' own clubs dont have it. Thats where the hate comes from.

Personally I like them, and hope they win the league as it would shake up a league which has otherwise been horrifically dull in terms of title-races for almost a decade now.

Going out and buying player after player then disposing of the player after one season is fucking rediculous.

It's up to them how they spend their money, and if they want to do that, that's fine by me, because it probably indicates that they're failing.

Going out and buying player after player then disposing of the player after one season is f***ing rediculous.

It's up to them how they spend their money, and if they want to do that, that's fine by me, because it probably indicates that they're failing.

Yeah, they are failing as a football club buying the wrong players, then just chucking a bottomless pit of money at problems they have created themselves.

It fucking rediculous.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Going out and buying player after player then disposing of the player after one season is f***ing rediculous.

Yeah, they are failing as a football club buying the wrong players, then just chucking a bottomless pit of money at problems they have created themselves.

It fucking rediculous.

Aye, bit mental like. Not sure how long that can continue - when are those new 'Spend what you earn' rules come into affect?

It f***ing rediculous.

Aye, bit mental like. Not sure how long that can continue - when are those new 'Spend what you earn' rules come into affect?

It makes a fucking mockery of the league.  Why dont man city just buy all the players in the world and loan them out to other teams.

MONEY MONEY MONEY...and the jealousy that the haters' own clubs dont have it. Thats where the hate comes from.

What a load of bollocks :lol:

I'm bitterly jealous of their riches, of course, but I don't have a problem with what they're doing really. How the fuck else are you supposed to get places in today's game? Money talks.

Their has to be a limit and accountability when it comes to funds, otherwise its not a competition, its just a bloke buying trophies.  They might as well just give the money to the FA and FIFA and buy the Premiership and Champions League directly.  Loads of clubs spend money they don't have, but the big difference is they either have to succeed on the money they've borrowed or risk a steep penalty (eg Portsmouth).  Man City can spend absolutely whatever they want without their ever being any risk to them, with no chance of failure how the fuck you can really succeed at all?

Their has to be a limit and accountability when it comes to funds, otherwise its not a competition, its just a bloke buying trophies.  They might as well just give the money to the FA and FIFA and buy the Premiership and Champions League directly.  Loads of clubs spend money they don't have, but the big difference is they either have to succeed on the money they've borrowed or risk a steep penalty (eg Portsmouth).  Man City can spend absolutely whatever they want without their ever being any risk to them, with no chance of failure how the fuck you can really succeed at all?

The most successful clubs in English football have always spent the most money securing their success. The difference with Chelsea and City is only that they have enough money to fast track that spending rather than build. City won't last forever, the guy will get bored, same as Abramovich. They'll eventually have to conform from within.

Let the dog have it's day I say. Every title that's taken away from Manyoo and Liverpool can only be for the good of English football IMO.

Not always like, but usually, never the less they all had to either take risks with loans or get their money from current Footballing success.  Which is the real difference between the likes of Man City/Chelsea and genuinely successful clubs.

I really hope they'll get bored soon, but I can't see it happening before they've bought some trophies.

I really hope they'll get bored soon, but I can't see it happening before they've bought some trophies.

Me either. But the alternative is to see the established few continue to win season in season out. Wind back the clock to the SJH days pre-floatation and the money we spent to be able to challenge.  What do you think other clubs fans were saying then? 

Only difference now is the amount of money it takes to actually catch up.  Ourselves and Blackburn did the same thing just in a different era.