Sunderland...

Heron

There's been quite a lot of criticism of Bent recently on RTG. He strikes me as mentally quite soft, canny striker but no bollocks.

This is true.

Last season Bent was main man but I get the impression  the arrival of Gyan and Welbeck has knocked him back a bit,he seems the type to need to be loved all the time and doesn't like any criticism.In truth he hasn't played well this season and if he doesn't score he doesn't really offer much where as Gyan and Welbeck are both good all round players and will do more for the team.Bent needs to learn to just take criticism on the chin instead of making a fool of himself on Twitter.

I wish Smith would take a leaf out of Bent's Book.

We've generally done well against teams at home who play a similar syle to Newcastle.Bolton,Stoke and Blackburn have all been beaten by us at home and they all play similar to Newcastle with big target men.

stoke and blackburn play absolutely f*** all like newcastle to be fair like

Bit unfair on Bolton to compare them with Stoke and Blackburn.

Guest BooBoo

There's been quite a lot of criticism of Bent recently on RTG. He strikes me as mentally quite soft, canny striker but no bollocks.

This is true.

Last season Bent was main man but I get the impression  the arrival of Gyan and Welbeck has knocked him back a bit,he seems the type to need to be loved all the time and doesn't like any criticism.In truth he hasn't played well this season and if he doesn't score he doesn't really offer much where as Gyan and Welbeck are both good all round players and will do more for the team.Bent needs to learn to just take criticism on the chin instead of making a fool of himself on Twitter.

He also seems very naive as to the whole rivalry between Newcastle and Sunderland. It was poor what happened to him in the Bigg Market but what was he thinking of, there's always going to be folk who go too far and if a player of Newcastle/ Sunderland turns up in the other city then its going to go down like a shit in a lift. He seemed generally shocked when really it was very predictable. Imagine if Carroll or Nolan was just brazenly strolling round Sunderland city centre, it's ludicrous and just asking for bother.

This is true.

Last season Bent was main man but I get the impression  the arrival of Gyan and Welbeck has knocked him back a bit,he seems the type to need to be loved all the time and doesn't like any criticism.In truth he hasn't played well this season and if he doesn't score he doesn't really offer much where as Gyan and Welbeck are both good all round players and will do more for the team.Bent needs to learn to just take criticism on the chin instead of making a fool of himself on Twitter.

I think his reaction to Redknapps crticism backs this up. You wouldn't be happy if you were him but his reaction was a bit poor, if not pathetic.

Guest Wearside

We've generally done well against teams at home who play a similar syle to Newcastle.Bolton,Stoke and Blackburn have all been beaten by us at home and they all play similar to Newcastle with big target men.

When we played Bolton a few weeks ago all they did was hoof long ball after long ball,maybe that was a one-off for them but it just makes me laugh how everybody says they play "lovely football",on the evidence I seen they haven't.

Bit unfair on Bolton to compare them with Stoke and Blackburn.javascript:void(0);

When we played Bolton a few weeks ago all they did was hoof long ball after long ball,maybe that was a one-off for them but it just makes me laugh how everybody says they play "lovely football",on the evidence I seen they haven't.

Aye, erm, can't remember what happened when we played them.  :harry:

Guest BooBoo

To be fair to Bolton, they were superb the day they hammered us. We were poor but take nothing away from them, they were very impressive and would have rolled over most teams that day.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

To be fair to Bolton, they were superb the day they hammered us. We were poor but take nothing away from them, they were very impressive and would have rolled over most teams that day.

Just look at our midfield that day though

Guthrie  Smith  Nolan  Jonas

they mix it to suit the situation as most good sides do, when you have someone as good in the air as kevin davies you'd be a fool not to use it when appropriate