Sunderland...

Heron

That's why I'm glad it's a loan, so we can have a good butchers before maybe taking a punt.

I think the lad gets a bit of unfair treatment from the Arsenal supporters mind, considering their team don't play to his strengths. I honestly cannot recall the last time I saw an Arsenal play hug the touchline, before whipping a cross in from the byline.

He reminded me a bit of Ibrahimovic for Barcelona, who to me looked like he was getting in the way of all the smaller, more technically superior players around him.

Ibra is one of the most technically gifted players on the planet. The problem was Ibra's playing style contrasting with Barca's tactics rather than his lack of technique.

Didn't phrase my post very well. I think Bendtner is technically inferior than some of Arsenal's other players, whereas Ibrahimovic - who is technically superb, as you say - seemed to be getting in the way of things and slowing things down. Both were made to look not particularly good in their respective sides is the crux of my point.

Zlatan does well when he's entrusted to do everything in attack, basically. Taking backstage to Messi (and the others, really) was a struggle. Looks more at home in Serie A playing a slower game where he gets time on the ball to be the sole creative force.

He did look a misfit at Barca, but that said, I sort of wish he'd got a bit longer to make an attempt at adapting. Villa is a better natural fit but looked similarly out of place for longer periods last season, but he stayed fit (whereas Ibra got injured just as he was picking up pace), scored crucial goals and was happy to take a backseat to Messi - which has spared him criticism for the difficult spells that he had.

This mackem has promise btw, hopefully he wont go to the rails like drearyside.

Wait until he has a few drinks....

Don't really drink much marra and I live over your way so I'm used to getting shedloads of stick. Water off a ducks back.

I'm just here to add to the debate and for a bit of crack. Good crack mind, not s*** crack.

Good to hear :thup: I'm sure you're aware of the poster Wearside?

Same bloke man. Just his second go.

Guest Randy Savage

Don't really drink much marra and I live over your way so I'm used to getting shedloads of stick. Water off a ducks back.

I'm just here to add to the debate and for a bit of crack. Good crack mind, not s*** crack.

Err, it really isn't mate. I'm Randy Savage on here and the SMB. I know of a 'Wearsider' on the SMB, but I'm not sure about 'Wearside.'

Err, it really isn't mate. I'm Randy Savage on here and the SMB. I know of a 'Wearsider' on the SMB, but I'm not sure about 'Wearside.'

Well Wearside is s*** craic basically.

;)

:omg:

Guest Rainforest

Zlatan basically needs to be handed the ball and told " do whatever you like and take ur time", he shines as the spearhead in every attack. Doesnt suit the one-touch fotball in barca tbh, that being said he smashed in - what ? - 25 goals? Decent like, then again as a barca strikers your getting more balls than a dancer in a stripclub.

I must admit, despite liking some of Bendtner's attributes I could never convince myself enough about them to actually post here recommending we sign him when we had the chance. He's always seemed like a shit finisher to me and I hate that in a striker. Even now if you pushed me would I rather have him or Ba, I'd still plump for Ba tbh.

People are only disappointed that we didn't sign him because we failed to sign anybody else (and I'm in that boat).

Bendtner wouldn't have been my first choice, but he's certainly better than Leon Best and Shola Ameobi. Definitely not worth the wages that we would have had to pay him, but neither is Alan Smith, and unlike Smith, Bendtner would have actually improved the team.

Seriously. Every funny thread from RTG that gets posted on here. That fucking Ricky Sonybravia bloke is there. Class and all that shit. Either has to be the most immense WUM or a fucking retard. And, as it's RTG, I can't decide which.

Guest Randy Savage

At last a chance for Brucie to play his song.

Bruce was an idiot for mentioning that he had a song in mind.

Had we won, there would have been no song however. I know the head of PR at SAFC and she assured me that Bruce would not have been allowed to play it. She actually said recently there was no song in reality, but I'm not sure about that. It wouldn't have been played in any case.

As for the Sun FM article, it is cringeworthy.

Guest Randy Savage

25 years since Nissan opened on Wearside. Biggest company in the North East and a massive success story. Just thought I'd mention it.

My nana used to live just along the road in the land between Nissan and Sulgrave in Washington. Street doesn't exist anymore like.

25 years since Nissan opened on Wearside. Biggest company in the North East and a massive success story. Just thought I'd mention it.

My nana used to live just along the road in the land between Nissan and Sulgrave in Washington. Street doesn't exist anymore like.

Congratulations.

Guest Randy Savage

You think they'd want to sponsor your shirts then.

I think Nissan are such a big brand they don't really need to advertise themselves and pay a fortune for the privilege. I'd love to see them on the front of our shirts mind, although Tombola are a Sunderland company also, and despite not being that well known, they are a success story also.

Guest Randy Savage

Congratulations.

Thanks very much. I'm sure many lads from Newcastle and Tyneside are very thankful for the day it showed up, especially those who were unemployed due to the closures of the pits and 'yards.

Congratulations.

Thanks very much. I'm sure many lads from Newcastle and Tyneside are very thankful for the day it showed up, especially those who were unemployed due to the closures of the pits and 'yards.

Aye cos Nissan instantly took on all the out of work miners who had no experience of car maufacturing.