Sunderland...

Heron

Of course Newcastle has its shitholes, everywhere does. However, the fact Sunderland players choose to reside in Newcastle rather than the city that they are employed in speaks volumes.

Just saying like.

Which Sunderland players reside in Newcastle?

At this point it's probably worth pointing out that Gateshead and Northumberland are not part of Newcastle.

most newcastle players live in newcastle and its suburbs, how many sunderland players, for the record, actually live in sunderland? plenty of footballers who have played for both newcastle and sunderland have ended up living in Newcastle city centre. Has a single player from either team EVER lived in sunderland city centre?

how come you don't find Newcastle players clamouring to live in Albania on wear? Odd, isnt it?

Kieran Richardson and a few SAFC players live(d) in the Echo 24 flats near the Wearmouth Bridge. My mate used to live there and often saw him in the lift. Quinny has a place in there also. Several SAFC players live in the Ashbrooke area of the city, which is very nice and there are a few others in other parts of the city as well.

There aren't many in the city centre, but that is perhaps something to do with the fact that there isn't much choice in terms of posh apartments. The majority of those living on the Quayside on Tyneside live in Gateshead (Baltic Quays).

I'm not suggesting for a second that some SAFC players don't live or go out in Newcastle (though Darras is in Northumberland in point of fact), but this notion that no SAFC players live, drink or eat on Wearside is just that: a myth.

Randy, you talk alot of sense for a mackem.

You're an upgrade on the last mong but that sentence is bollocks.

Let's be honest here, those players live near Newcastle because that's where everything half decent is.

There's no two ways about it so let's not play games.

If there were lots of plush luxury apartments in Sunderland city centre I think some players would happily live in them. It doesn't mean they would have to go 'out' in Sunderland. They opened the Echo 24 ones and players/staff moved in subsequently e.g. Richardson and Quinny.  A player living in Sunderland doesn't preclude them from going into Newcastle if they so wish.

I'm not going come on here and argue against claims that Newcastle has a nicer city centre than Sunderland; it should do given the greater level of money invested in the place. However, as I said earlier, this notion that no Sunderland players live in Sunderland, or would ever eat in restaurants there or go out in the town is tripe. I'm not saying all our players do but plenty do.

Those Echo24 flats are total shit, like The Bar in town. When you pull up from the bridge to the traffic lights a lot of windows literally just have sheets up as curtains. The place is literally a set shitbox plasterboard flats for people who earn £1300ish a month. Considering THAT is the best quality modern living in Sunderland says a hell of a lot about why most players live in Durham or Newcastle.

Saying that, Sunderland does indeed have a nandos, so that's your black lads sorted.

:troll:

As if they'd actually step foot in Sunderland town centre. They'd end up being chased down the streets by slack jawed mackem yokels with BNP memberships. Which is 90% of them.

Guest Randy Savage

i also think they will get sub 40k in. yet they have threads about our crowd,laughing every time we are sub 50k.

Only short sighted Sunderland fans would laugh at your crowds. We're both going to be quite a bit down from capacity in games this season, due to the current economic climate and an increaing malaise towards the modern game.

Guest Haris Vuckic

i also think they will get sub 40k in. yet they have threads about our crowd,laughing every time we are sub 50k.

Only short sighted Sunderland fans would laugh at your crowds. We're both going to be quite a bit down from capacity in games this season, due to the current economic climate and an increaing malaise towards the modern game.

I think the biggest factor is the feeling towards the modern game, you've spent a lot of money & got nowhere, we've spent nothing, so both sets of fans can look at it & scratch their heads, especially when you get people like Mark Lawrenson claiming teams like us will need to spend about £100m to get to the top 6!

Guest Randy Savage

Of course Newcastle has its shitholes, everywhere does. However, the fact Sunderland players choose to reside in Newcastle rather than the city that they are employed in speaks volumes.

Just saying like.

At this point it's probably worth pointing out that Gateshead and Northumberland are not part of Newcastle.

most newcastle players live in newcastle and its suburbs, how many sunderland players, for the record, actually live in sunderland? plenty of footballers who have played for both newcastle and sunderland have ended up living in Newcastle city centre. Has a single player from either team EVER lived in sunderland city centre?

how come you don't find Newcastle players clamouring to live in Albania on wear? Odd, isnt it?

Kieran Richardson and a few SAFC players live(d) in the Echo 24 flats near the Wearmouth Bridge. My mate used to live there and often saw him in the lift. Quinny has a place in there also. Several SAFC players live in the Ashbrooke area of the city, which is very nice and there are a few others in other parts of the city as well.

There aren't many in the city centre, but that is perhaps something to do with the fact that there isn't much choice in terms of posh apartments. The majority of those living on the Quayside on Tyneside live in Gateshead (Baltic Quays).

I'm not suggesting for a second that some SAFC players don't live or go out in Newcastle (though Darras is in Northumberland in point of fact), but this notion that no SAFC players live, drink or eat on Wearside is just that: a myth.

Let's be honest here, those players live near Newcastle because that's where everything half decent is.

If there were lots of plush luxury apartments in Sunderland city centre I think some players would happily live in them. It doesn't mean they would have to go 'out' in Sunderland. They opened the Echo 24 ones and players/staff moved in subsequently e.g. Richardson and Quinny.  A player living in Sunderland doesn't preclude them from going into Newcastle if they so wish.

I'm not going come on here and argue against claims that Newcastle has a nicer city centre than Sunderland; it should do given the greater level of money invested in the place. However, as I said earlier, this notion that no Sunderland players live in Sunderland, or would ever eat in restaurants there or go out in the town is tripe. I'm not saying all our players do but plenty do.

Those Echo24 flats are total s***, like The Bar in town. When you pull up from the bridge to the traffic lights a lot of windows literally just have sheets up as curtains. The place is literally a set shitbox plasterboard flats for people who earn £1300ish a month. Considering THAT is the best quality modern living in Sunderland says a hell of a lot about why most players live in Durham or Newcastle.

Saying that, Sunderland does indeed have a nandos, so that's your black lads sorted.

Just saying like.

Those Echo24 flats are total s***, like The Bar in town. When you pull up from the bridge to the traffic lights a lot of windows literally just have sheets up as curtains. The place is literally a set shitbox plasterboard flats for people who earn £1300ish a month. Considering THAT is the best quality modern living in Sunderland says a hell of a lot about why most players live in Durham or Newcastle.

I can't comment on their quality, though I know as a planner that developers will cut corners wherever they can. However, I know players have certainly lived in them in the past.

Having said that, most SAFC players living in Sunderland live in the Ashbrooke area. I know for a fact Danny Welbeck rented a gaff there last season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashbrooke

I think some players also live in 'The Square' gated estate in Fulwell at the top end of the town.

http://www.vebra.com/property/4926/17815768

Guest Randy Savage

I think the biggest factor is the feeling towards the modern game, you've spent a lot of money & got nowhere, we've spent nothing, so both sets of fans can look at it & scratch their heads, especially when you get people like Mark Lawrenson claiming teams like us will need to spend about £100m to get to the top 6!

True enough

In terms of the £ situation, I have a season ticket but if I didn't, there's no way I could have afforded a £35 ticket for today.

imagine how many players mike and dekka could get with 100m, at least 20

imagine how many players mike and dekka could get with 100m, at least 20

Going off the Carroll situation, we'd get Kuqi and Robbie Savage on frees and then claum that the £100M was spent on wages, agents fees and a borehole.

Gateshead is part of Greater Newcastle, just like places like Whitley Bay and even Sunderland, debatably.

seems like its true

whats he thinking if it is true that is not a good career move

Money.

He'll still play for Ghana and I guess he's happy with that.