Sunderland...

Heron

Can u imagine the football that will be on show tomorrw, Scum hoofing it up to Bent, and Stoke hoofing it up front looking for long throw ins. Quality.

the season we got knocked out in the play offs sheff utd and leeds came up, when they played each other a comentator was heard to say "it's the first game i've seen where both linesmen were flagging for offside at the same time"....could be repeated tomorrow.

If they try and play the same tactics as Stoke they will lose. Stoke are one of the best sides in the league for that long ball nonsense. Heres hoping they hoof it up to Bent then.

i've seen them do little else this season. loads of passing round the midfiled, then wide, 40yds out, long diagonal to the edge of the box for bent.

Guest Stephen927

Stoke aren't as extreme in their long ball approach as they were for the past 2 seasons. They can still do it effectively, but the wingplay from Etherington and Pennant has added a new dimension. They can pass it on the deck when they need to.

Stoke's main form of attack last week was the counter attack. They were hardly Arsenal but they did try to keep it on the deck more than they have done in the past season or two, which was good to see. Of course, they still have the long ball option ready to roll out anytime.

Had a Mackem at work this morning serious saying that it is US who have the inferiority complex!. :lol:

:rolleyes:

Unreal.

Right this is it.  am putting it to bed until jan.  i really cant stand their mentalness.

Y'know, to be fair, the only mackem I actually know (aside from an old gadgie in the pub whose claim to not follow football any more because it was all too focused on money coincided with their record breaking relegation season, and who seemed to have his interest piqued again when we went down) is the absolute antithesis of Ready To Go.  Dunno if its because he's the only mackem in a huge group of mags, because he's pretty much never set foot in Sunderland or because he's more interested in comics that football, but he never gloated when we went down, after their last victory the extent of his celebration a facebook status saying something like "Phew, we always win 2-1.  Well, not always", he wasn't giving it large beforehand about how we were going to get twatted and after initially being pleased with Bruce for holding his hands up and apologising he now thinks he's being a proper twat about the PA guy.

Still gave him a bit of shit like, set the poker timer to play the commentary from Kev's goal last night and we gave him a rendition of "Fuck off to Pennywell" when his taxi came but it's hard to give him shit when he just takes it on the chin. 

Maybe I could set him up as some kind of councillor, you know like how recovered gang members or alcoholics hold sessions for people?  "You too can learn how to be a mackem and not an utter cunt with my 12 step programme.  If I can do it, you can too."

Getting a bit sick of their reactions now, like. This Stoke match today will be massive for them. But you just know Kenwyne will score...

Even if they beat us in January (which I think they will) it won't be anything like 5-1. And to be fair, if we hadn't sold out out home games, I'd let kids fill it up too....get the next generation involved with the club.