Sunderland...

Heron

Why on earth would Bruce virtually tell every club out there that he's going to spend around £17m on a striker?? Puts pressure on himself and the board to spend that, sticks an extra couple of million on players who might not have cost that much, and if he doesn't break the record because a top striker won't go then he'll get slated by the fans.

He is simply thick as pig s***.

Does he have a song lined up for after he breaks their transfer record ?

Wang Chung - A Fool & His Money

The fact that the most important attribute Bruce has said he is looking for in his new striker is a big price tag is utterly moronic. How can you not understand this Wearside? :lol:

it does show he understands the mentality of the Mackems tho.

Why on earth would Bruce virtually tell every club out there that he's going to spend around £17m on a striker?? Puts pressure on himself and the board to spend that, sticks an extra couple of million on players who might not have cost that much, and if he doesn't break the record because a top striker won't go then he'll get slated by the fans.

He is simply thick as pig s***.

Does he have a song lined up for after he breaks their transfer record ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92luoiRJBVU

See this is where the mackems lose all right to say "you are just as obsessed as us" I can guarantee if some television show mentioned killing black cats there would not be a thread started on here about it, absolutely 100% guarantee it :lol:  :facepalm:

See this is where the mackems lose all right to say "you are just as obsessed as us" I can guarantee if some television show mentioned killing black cats there would not be a thread started on here about it, absolutely 100% guarantee it :lol:  :facepalm:

"Gerrin!"

"love owt lyk dis me"

:lol:

"Gerrin!"

"love owt lyk dis me"

:lol:

'dis'

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

"I was at the match with a Spurs fan yesterday, he was disgusted by how biassed the whole thing was, genuinely shocked like."

[biased towards who?]

"Spurs man! He said at 2-1 that he wanted us to score or have a spell just because the decisions taken against us had been so unfair most of the match."

Hmmmmm

Guest toonlass

"I was at the match with a Spurs fan yesterday, he was disgusted by how biassed the whole thing was, genuinely shocked like."

[biased towards who?]

"Spurs man! He said at 2-1 that he wanted us to score or have a spell just because the decisions taken against us had been so unfair most of the match."

Hmmmmm

What a pile of steaming Bull Shit!

[biased towards who?]

Hmmmmm

What a pile of steaming Bull s***!

well I was at the arsenal game with a gooner who said they were lucky to score all their goals on the break as we dominated the entire game, nolan was just having some high jinks and we deserved to win 7-0 with all their goals taken away because of the sending off, he actually cried tears of joy when we equalised and jumped up and down shouting "I wish I was a geordie"

see we can do it too !

Guest toonlass

Mackems back to their cheap ticket deals. Season ticket holders can buy two additional tickets at a tenna each for the Liverpool game. Season tickets free with a happy meal are being considered again next season.

Mackems back to their cheap ticket deals. Season ticket holders can buy two additional tickets at a tenna each for the Liverpool game. Season tickets free with a happy meal are being considered again next season.

Best season they've had in years even tho they sold their top striker...best team in the north east league wise and they cant get their fans in.

'Kin hell.

Shamelessly stolen from elsewhere:

Just noticed that the accounts for Sunderland Ltd for the year-ending 31 July 2010 are out.

Key highlights are;

Turnover is flat at £65m. However in there you have TV revenue +11% being offset by reductions in gate receipts (-9%), sponsorship (-4%), conferencing (-22%) and retail (-16%).

Wages:Turnover ratio has increased to 82.2%, up from 76.8% in 2009.

Loss for the year has increased to -£27.9m, up from a loss of -£26.5m in 2009.

The 4 directors (Quinn, Walton, Callaghan & Byrne) paid themselves £1.12m, down from £1.94m the previous year. The highest paid director (doesn't state who) earned £326k (down from £888k in 2009).

Ellis Short wrote off £19m of existing loans due from the club and invested a further £22.4m in the year to July 2010. These are interest free unsecured loans.

Due to the losses made, Sunderland's directors have had to request a commitment from Ellis Short that he is willing and able to continue to support the operations of the company for the foreseeable future. Short has provided this.

The club spent £39.3m in transfer fees in the year and recouped £12.0m.

The club still owes £15.5m on transfer fees plus potentially another £6.5m depending on performance of players bought.

Summary: They're spending way beyond their means and fucked if Short keels over tomorrow. No wonder Niall is trying to get more fans through the turnstiles.

Guest toonlass

Is that saying that over 82% of their turnover is spent on wages?

Yep

I'd be worried if I was a Mackem. Saying that, most mackems won't understand why that figure is so worrying.