Sunderland...

Heron

Guest optimistic nit

750k is an absolute steal and surely not true?

He has 2 years on his conract and his their best CB.

for the 2nd worst defence in the league last season

That's the fault of poor tactics and other poor defenders around him. He's worth a lot more than 750k.

if thats the case why is he the one leaving for practically nothing? martinez is a good manager

SSN run down of the Transfer News in the papers saying David James has flown out to Portugal to join up with them. Would be a weird move for him, unless Gordon's leaving. (Arsenal maybe?)

Hasn't gordon had an op recently?

SSN run down of the Transfer News in the papers saying David James has flown out to Portugal to join up with them. Would be a weird move for him, unless Gordon's leaving. (Arsenal maybe?)

i'm sure he's got a broken wrist or something

Gordon's out for three months, so thats is why they want James.

Fair enough, but even then, that takes him to October/November. Can't see Gordon being happy bench warming.

Didn't he get a considerable amount of splinterage over the last couple of years. I'm sure I recall him being dropped after a couple of shockers and Fulop getting some games.

Did anyone else get this on e mail last summer?  ;D

Based on the majestic 'Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh', I give you 'Choose Sunderland'!

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a football team. Choose Newcastle Utd. Choose trying to buy the title and blowing a 12 point lead. Choose humiliating yourself live on Sky when Fergie outwitted you. Choose crying on the tele. Choose only remembering football games from 1993 onwards. Choose 52,000 and forget 9,000. Choose genuflecting in front of Shearer, your hero. Choose Shepherd and Hall. Choose the fake sheikh. Choose scandal all over the national newspapers. Choose Geordie women being called dogs. Choose £5 football shirts. Choose a brothel. Choose bridges, so many bridges in fact you may as well concrete over your stench ridden river. Choose Gullit. Choose dropping your star man. Choose losing to your local rivals. Choose the rematch and recalling your hero. Choose him missing a pen in the last minute. Choose wearing your shirt every day on holiday. Choose sweat patches. Choose Keiron Dyer. Choose 7 up. Choose sacking a man like Bobby Robson. Choose Bramble. Choose Guivarch. Choose Fumaca. Choose Boumsong. Choose Cacapa. Choose Smith. Choose 20,000 fans coming to welcome Owen. Choose 52,000 booing him. Choose Allardyce, the Mackem. Choose injuries. Choose mental tactics. Choose Derby County. Twice. Choose Fat Ashley. Choose his shirt. Choose stretch marks. Choose the Bigg Market. Choose him clubbing. Choose one rule for one and one for the other. Choose 10 grand tips so he can dance in his shirt. Choose your airport of which your so inherently proud, even though Sunderland own it too. Choose reappointing Keegan. Choose Special K. Choose the Messiah in January even though he'll be executed at Easter. Choose entertaining football. Choose booing. Choose racial abuse at Mido. Choose racial abuse at Hadji and Chippo. Choose waving cereal boxes at Keegan. Choose no win since December. Choose a European challenge becoming a relegation battle. Choose delusion. Choose spitting the dummy out. Choose blaming Shearer. Choose Shearer undermining your boss on national TV. Choose idiot fans not eating bacon because it's red and white. Choose obesity. Choose Greggs. Choose thrashing after thrashing. Choose being a big club despite winning nowt for God knows how many years. Choose the Fairs cup that no longer exists. Choose the Intertoto Cup. Choose Scott Parker looking proud holding it. Choose debt. Choose a hotch potch stadium. Choose Friends of the Town Moor (FTM) protesting against a new stadium. Choose a 'soccer circus'.

Fuck that! I chose Sunderland. I chose a life!

He is aware that the Fairs Cup Trophy is still the same trophy they use for the Europa League now right? :lol:

It's not.

I know I've just double checked. Thought it was, spectacular fail :lol:

Still what European competitions have the Mackems ever won?  :smug:

I know because the original is in our museum, we played a "final" against Leeds to decide who kept the trophy after it was replaced with the UEFA Cup.

And no mocking the Fairs Cup anyway. Love vintage European competitions.

Nice, would love to go in that museum someday :)

Guest toonlass

They are saying they have N'Zogbia deal tied up. Forget living in our shadow, they are now buying our ex-players so that they can now become us 3 years ago.

Did anyone else get this on e mail last summer?  ;D

Based on the majestic 'Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh', I give you 'Choose Sunderland'!

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a football team. Choose Newcastle Utd. Choose trying to buy the title and blowing a 12 point lead. Choose humiliating yourself live on Sky when Fergie outwitted you. Choose crying on the tele. Choose only remembering football games from 1993 onwards. Choose 52,000 and forget 9,000. Choose genuflecting in front of Shearer, your hero. Choose Shepherd and Hall. Choose the fake sheikh. Choose scandal all over the national newspapers. Choose Geordie women being called dogs. Choose £5 football shirts. Choose a brothel. Choose bridges, so many bridges in fact you may as well concrete over your stench ridden river. Choose Gullit. Choose dropping your star man. Choose losing to your local rivals. Choose the rematch and recalling your hero. Choose him missing a pen in the last minute. Choose wearing your shirt every day on holiday. Choose sweat patches. Choose Keiron Dyer. Choose 7 up. Choose sacking a man like Bobby Robson. Choose Bramble. Choose Guivarch. Choose Fumaca. Choose Boumsong. Choose Cacapa. Choose Smith. Choose 20,000 fans coming to welcome Owen. Choose 52,000 booing him. Choose Allardyce, the Mackem. Choose injuries. Choose mental tactics. Choose Derby County. Twice. Choose Fat Ashley. Choose his shirt. Choose stretch marks. Choose the Bigg Market. Choose him clubbing. Choose one rule for one and one for the other. Choose 10 grand tips so he can dance in his shirt. Choose your airport of which your so inherently proud, even though Sunderland own it too. Choose reappointing Keegan. Choose Special K. Choose the Messiah in January even though he'll be executed at Easter. Choose entertaining football. Choose booing. Choose racial abuse at Mido. Choose racial abuse at Hadji and Chippo. Choose waving cereal boxes at Keegan. Choose no win since December. Choose a European challenge becoming a relegation battle. Choose delusion. Choose spitting the dummy out. Choose blaming Shearer. Choose Shearer undermining your boss on national TV. Choose idiot fans not eating bacon because it's red and white. Choose obesity. Choose Greggs. Choose thrashing after thrashing. Choose being a big club despite winning nowt for God knows how many years. Choose the Fairs cup that no longer exists. Choose the Intertoto Cup. Choose Scott Parker looking proud holding it. Choose debt. Choose a hotch potch stadium. Choose Friends of the Town Moor (FTM) protesting against a new stadium. Choose a 'soccer circus'.

f*** that! I chose Sunderland. I chose a life!

I highlighted some the most ironic/moronic parts of that .

I know because the original is in our museum, we played a "final" against Leeds to decide who kept the trophy after it was replaced with the UEFA Cup.

The Fairs Cup was the equivalent to the UEFA Cup we have today, just a different trophy.

Whatever people say about it I'm immensely proud of our success in it.

They are saying they have N'Zogbia deal tied up. Forget living in our shadow, they are now buying our ex-players so that they can now become us 3 years ago.

Operation fuck with Sunderland is well and truly underway. Agents Zoggy, Titus and Steve on the case :pow:

The Fairs Cup was the equivalent to the UEFA Cup we have today, just a different trophy.

And you may as well be. Black and white photographs of your team competing for European trophies just proves you've been there from the start.

It's a bloody European trophy, and we won it. The Mackems have played, what, 2 European games in their entire history? Pathetic bastards.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/06/27/article-0-00D237230000044C-830_306x465.jpg

:indi: